Zakura w/ Perfect Match

il_fullxfull.1473708186_rorc.jpg?version

One of the most stunning of Springtime displays is that of cherry blossoms, those fragile flowers adorning treetops, drifting through the air and covering the ground with their delicate pink petals. We’ve recreated the atmosphere of Hanami, or “flower viewing,” where one can sit beneath a canopy of cherry blossoms and enjoy their fleeting beauty. Featuring an evocative blending of sakura flowers and cherry tree bark, with accents of cedar and sweetgrass plus a powdery-soft dusting of myrrh. 

We’ve included a dose of our exclusive PERFECT MATCH pheromone formula, a *soulmate* type blend that both sexes can wear. Promotes attraction, bonding, trust, communication

conquering of nervousness and happy, good-time mood elevation. Reminds established couples of that first blush of new love, complete with butterflies in the tummy!

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CHERRY BLOSSOM & WOOD ~ Education, feminine beauty, love
transience of life.
SWEETGRASS ~ Attracts positive energy and good spirits. Excellent for popularity uses, as it draws people toward the scent.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.

So I pulled this right out and sniffed away and put just a dab on to test.  It seemed very strong at first, and I was worried I would get a headache, but I didn't.  It did take it awhile to settle down and not be so loud on my skin, but now it is just soft and lovely.  The cherry blossom was very strong in the beginning, but now that it has dried down, it is just a nice blend where I can't truly pick any notes out.  I really look forward to trying this out on the TG. I am so excited about this.  I had been waiting for a truly feminine scent for Perfect Match and this is definitely it!!

1 hour ago, Tinkerbelle said:

So I pulled this right out and sniffed away and put just a dab on to test.  It seemed very strong at first, and I was worried I would get a headache, but I didn't.  It did take it awhile to settle down and not be so loud on my skin, but now it is just soft and lovely.  The cherry blossom was very strong in the beginning, but now that it has dried down, it is just a nice blend where I can't truly pick any notes out.  I really look forward to trying this out on the TG. I am so excited about this.  I had been waiting for a truly feminine scent for Perfect Match and this is definitely it!!

I just ordered a sample of Zakura today. I'm happy to hear that it dries down nicely. Can't wait to try it!

Tried this again this morning and had the same things happen.  Super strong on me right off, but settled into a beautiful, just enough, scent.  

NOW...I have to figure out which scented cops go best with it.  Any suggestions as new people sniff it would be appreciated.  

Oooh this is nice! Cherry Blossoms are the opening blast but I get the woods right along with them and it lends an almost spicy in a woodsy kinda vibe. I love a bit of cedar in a perfume. I can’t tell if it’s the Cherry Blossom Bark or the Cedar that I’m smelling specifically so I’ll just say it’s woodsy. Lol. The Sweetgrass just kind of tempers the cherry blossom and starts taking it down a notch after a few minutes. I’m not getting the myrhh yet but that may come in the long drydown. If it does I’ll come back and update. This definitely softens as it dries down.

This is a super pretty cherry blossom scent! It is a bit strong at first, but not overpowering. Like Halo, I love cedar in perfume, and even though I never would have imagined it would go well with cherry blossom, this just shows Mara's genius. Myrrh always comes across as very dusty to me, but I don't really get that feeling here, so maybe it just has a little bit. As Tinkerbelle said, a very nice feminine scent for PM. I would try OCCO Pink with it!

I love this one! The cherry blossom does start out strong on me as well, but after 45 minutes or so becomes a beautiful, light, enticing scent. I keep huffing my hand where I tested it. I love the Japanese Cherry Blossom hand soap from B&BW and use it in my bathroom a lot, so I figured I'd like Zakura - just wasn't sure what the cedar would smell like, so I only picked up a sample. I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering a full bottle soon! It smells amazing!

I'm one of those people who only seems to like cherry blossom under certain circumstances - i.e. in a gourmand floral context - so Zakura comes off a bit more perfume-y on me and like with Mystic Dewdrop, I was actually surprised that I don't get more of a "fresh" vibe with this one.  But because there's no additional sweetness as such (myrrh is not always sweet on me) I think that's why this reads more perfume-y on me.  That slighty sweet/creamy vibe I normally get with sakura is present, but it's not as pronounced in this particular scent.  I don't really get the woods/grasses elements at all.  This one's just not for me, I think. 

Upon first applying this I smelled a very pronounced bitterness, but this has faded and I am left with a truly delicate scent of cherry within a softly sweet base which carries a hint of soapy cleanliness to it.  This is lovely.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found that one thing which makes me look totally crazy..

My roommate says she watched me from across the room put Zakura on, take a big whiff, then sigh and totally relax like a junkie. Now she's afraid to get hooked on LPMP ;)

This is my first day back from a 3-month pheromone break, and I definitely feel the jitteriness! It was teetering on a caffeine fix, but I was still in control, so all good :thumb_up11:I felt pretty professional in Zakura. Sweet - strictly from the floral Cherry Blossom - but queen~like from Myrrh.

I love any floral or feminine blend I can wear Cedar in, too! It's such a masculine note that when added subtly, it gets that protective vibe out there like a Mama bear behind her cub. I feel strong and powerful without being overt. Sweetgrass turns out to be a fantastic add to Cherry Blossoms, providing green backdrop to soft and beautiful, pink flowers.