Soleil d'Or w/ Aja

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1473701280_2y3p.jpg?version

The breeding of roses has a fascinating history, and one of its’ pre-eminent figures was the French horticulturalist Joseph Pernet-Ducher, known as “The Wizard of Lyon” for his amazing hybrids. Perhaps the most historically significant of his experiments was the Soleil d’Or tea rose, debuting in 1900 and among the first of the yellow-orange spectrum in rose blossoms. The flowers are said to have a citrus-like fragrance and beautifully-colored blooms of a pale golden hue with a center of peachy-pink. 

Come join us in this golden floral fantasy….like glistening Spring sunshine in a bottle, surround yourself with the scent of delicate tea rose enrobed in a blend of light orange blossom honey, rich midsummer honey and our honeyed copulin analog AJA, with tangy accents of lemon and ginger on a bed of lustrous Nepalese amber.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
TEA ROSE ~ Memory, remembrance, renewal, hope, peace, higher virtues.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
GINGER ~ Fiery fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.

and

This was my favorite in the Vial so I promptly tried it on. Swoooooon. It’s golden golden drippy honey with a beautiful Tea rose. I forgot how much I adore Tea rose and I’m kicking myself for ever selling anything containing it. I get a little spicy ginger kick in there too. The lemon is just a little zing at the opening of the perfume while wet. This is such a unique idea and yet smells almost familiar. OMG it’s gorgeous! I want it to be tomorrow so I can put this on again.

Honeyed florals are something I'm almost always certain to enjoy.  I just love the intense impression of the tea rose in this one, it reminds me of my cousin's rose garden - when I was a kid I used to spend so much time there when the roses were in bloom.  This starts out incredibly heady on me but within about half an hour it settles down and it's primarily rose, but the Aja and the amber make a really nice base for it, producing that "golden" effect.  I don't really get the other accents at all on my skin, but I love that little zing! of lemon in the vial.

I looooovvvveeeeee this one! I didn't get to really smell it until it had dried down, because I was getting ready for work and running around, but it's settled into a gorgeous mellow honey scent. Not smutty, not sickly sweet, just perfect! I want to reapply later tonight so I can get the first stage - I want to smell lemon! And rose.. but I'm happy with the honey heaven I'm in right now!

I love this in the vial and first on. It’s such a golden, foody honey with a hint of lemon and warmth from ginger. On me, it almost reads as a foody floral, with that wonderful clean and delicate vibe from the tea rose. But, honey tends to go wrong on me, and it did here as well. However, I fell asleep and then overslept to had to shower in a hurry, so I didn’t get to experience al the stages of this, so i’ll try again before deciding on this one. But it really is such a beautiful golden scent.

I can smell the lemon in the vial.  Then I smeared some on my wrists and I smelled the rose.  Now there is a strange, bitter, base, earthy smell.  I am not so sure about this - the rose was stunning when that was dominant but I wonder if the Amber is playing funny with me ...

Edited by Wolf Dreaming

This is definitely my fave of the Spring scents so far - gorgeous, full, golden, and grounded, smells of childhood, sun, and sweet earth. It's oddly a bit dirty on me which I am totally loving. Not smutty dirty, more like my husband's freshly washed armpit dirty. I'm not complaining. Call me crazy, but I personally don't have a lot of body odor so I adore it on others. Love to bury my nose in my man's pit even though he thinks I'm totally nuts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: 2 hours in and the dirtiness is gone, just the softest gingery rose basking in warm, golden sunshine. I could bathe in this. When the weather is finally warm here, I will.

Edited by anchoredinopulence

Me too :)  it’s my favorite of the April LEs. I knew I was not a good candidate for “spring” scents. I adore real flowers, but have never been a floral fragrance lover. 

The tearose reads very true on me. When I wore it to bed, I dreamed about roses (really!) and woke thinking it smelled like there was a vase of them at my bedside. Sadly no, though. 

To me, this is a warm summer day or evening kind of scent though. Maybe it’s the warm earthy vibe that is present as an undercurrent. It is sun and specifically tea type roses, and it is elegant, grownup, and not particularly sweet. 

I’ll most likely eventually use up the trial vial, but, like I prefaced this post, not a floral perfume chick. 

• 3 weeks later...

This would be a perfect scent for me minus the rose. I just can't do rose.

I love the base, the warmth of it. The honey, amber, ginger and dash of bright lemon. There's a touch of earthyness coming in too. I'd love to try it with another floral center. Honeysuckle or Sweet Pea would do. 

• 8 months later...

Unfortunately, ginger does not mix well with my skin chemistry. Double unfortunately, my skin also amps it. :(  The first seconds of this are rose, and then the ginger takes over. I can't pinpoint the lemon as a distinct note, but it still somehow reminds me of the lemon that comes through the lemon variant of Inna's Gadda Davita. I can't smell the rose much after that first whiff, but when it does poke through, it's a powdery, soapy type of rose. The ginger isn't a foody ginger, it's more of a floral ginger. Somehow, the ginger, amber, and powderiness of the rose are combining to make this almost sandy on me. Overall, it's a very warm scent. I was really looking forward to this one, but sadly it just doesn't work on me. 

• 6 months later...

Bumping for Sale! 

My favorite from Spring 18! This potion makes me swoon. I love tea rose because as much as I think rose is stunningly gorgeous, it’s hard for me to wear much. It gets pokey and sharp very easily on me. Tea Rose is the answer! It’s got the same beautiful heart but is so much smoother and wearable. Add the rich sexy honey and Aja to that and you have something beyond an edible gourmand. It’s just SMEXY. But still pretty and sophisticated. It’s very wearable for other seasons as well. Perfect for sultry summer and maybe my most perfect Fall floral due to the rich honey. This is truly master Perfumerie here.

• 1 year later...

Having recently sung the praises of Aja, I felt I had to walk the talk and reached for the bottles on my shelf labeled "Aja". Yes, I have a few bottles...yes I label them...I feel ok to admit that, hehe. This is the one that stood out to me and I applied generously. This has aged wonderfully ! It's all even more sensual, sweet, more blended. And then I went into my 99 F hot car to drive to the coast. A daunting situation for most brands of perfume oil. But not for LPMP ! This little darling performed like a champ. I was happily encased in the most positive, glowy sort of aura even when I ended up stuck in traffic, half of my body frozen by the a/c, the other sweltering. This was such a lovely choice today. Will be re-exploring the other Aja's I have, as well as the hedione ones, but this little guy has found a special place in my heart. ❤️