Bernice's Pigeon Potion

Beccah

AD-PE-Bernice-PtgeonPotion.jpg

Bernice is a customer at the shop, Pigeons are her totem animal and she has a tattoo of one on her wrist! She asked, "Does it sound silly if I ask you to make a sexy pigeon potion?" Not at all! Pigeon was an oft used term to describe a beautiful woman, and Bernice is a hot chick indeed! (I think I have a girl crush on her). We crafted for her something deep and soulful, like her big beautiful brown eyes that a person could just get lost in...ahem...where was I? Oh yes, deep and soulful, but with a fresh spark. I mixed Tunisian Amber, Sandalwood, and White Musk with Tobacco Absolute and a drop of Egyptian Red Rose Attar, then added a splash of freshly cut green rose stem on top to provide the spark of freshness on top.

Ooooh this is so sensual!  I'm all in favor of resinous rose blends. and the rose attar in this one is gorgeous when framed by the other elements.  There's that lovely depth and warmth of the base mingling with the floral, but interestingly the rose moves to the back and this evolves into a really smooth sexy skin scent.  I really only get the green stem as such in the vial.

ETA: in the long drydown the amber and sandalwood are such a beautiful pairing!

• 2 weeks later...

Ermahgerd!! This is gorgeous! I wish the rose stuck around longer, but I can't complain too much, because what's left is just AMAZING. It's so smooth (thank you sandalwood) and so soft and sweet and velvety (thank you amber). I don't really get any of the green stem, but I'm okay with that. I wish I had even a small bottle of this one. ?

What hoodoo magic is this??!!  This perfume is utterly exquisite ... dare I say it?  I think I will ... I think this is a rival for Raven Moon.  I cannot discern any of the scents, they mingle and create someone absolutely out of this world.  A soft drift of heaven to my nose ...

Edited by Wolf Dreaming