Erin's Latte Peche

Beccah

ADPE-ErinLattePeach.jpg

How did I not know peach coffee is "a thing"? Apparently a pretty popular thing right now, as I learned when I was researching the notion. But Erin also did not know it was a thing, she just imagined loving the combination, and indeed loved the result! She asked for the scent of rich espresso swirled with caramel and sweet cream, with the aroma of fresh sweet peaches on top, for which I combined both peaches and their blossoms...over a duo of coffees, a pair of caramels, and a trio of creams.

I'm afraid I may never sample any of the new releases, even though they're currently at my house. I love this so much, I've already put it on twice. I would go for a third but I don't want to waste it or go scent blind. What if I never want to wear anything else again? What if this is it? I just go to my grave, hands knarled, locked clenched onto empty bottles of this and Lick of Cream and Wicked? 

This is why I'll never work in marketing. "Buy this perfume and you're guaranteed to die with your old thickened knuckles clutching the empty bottle!" 

So, yeah. It smells good. Not a bright Peach, a sexy lickable Peach on a very grown up decadent and seasonal pastry, with some hardened large sugar crystals on it's top in the best smelling coffee shop in the entire world

This is a very cool PE! Wet the peach is juicy and glossy. It’s a lickable peach. Then the coffee comes in and while I love the idea on paper, it only muddles up the peach I was so enjoying a minute before. Then the caramel appears. If you like coffee and caramel do not miss this. The combination is so unique and it goes amazingly smoothly together. There was no way I was gonna love this for me personally with these notes but I did quite enjoy the journey. This is a clear example of how and why indie perfumes are such a joy.

Hmmmm. I think you're just saying those words so no one will fight me for the last bottles. Unless you hate peaches? Do you hate peaches? I knew a girl named Peaches that I found quarrelsome. What's your story, lady?

Lol no I actually LOVE the peach in this one. It’s the coffee and caramel that ruin it for me. That’s the beauty of perfume. Scent is such a highly subjective sense. We don’t have to like it all. There is something for everyone. I mean thank god I don’t like them ALL.

4 hours ago, halo0073 said:

Lol no I actually LOVE the peach in this one. It’s the coffee and caramel that ruin it for me. That’s the beauty of perfume. Scent is such a highly subjective sense. We don’t have to like it all. There is something for everyone. I mean thank god I don’t like them ALL.

Huh.

Alright, then.

As I sit here, drinking my second jug of caramel cream enhanced strong coffee, I ponder the possibility that someone could not enjoy this scent. When I was still trying NOT to be with my man on account of a few "looking bad on paper" circumstances, I kept referring to him as "caramel" in therapy. "Caramel" is a word that can be interchanged with "irresistible," are you saying that where you live, they don't mean exactly the same thing? What word do you use? "Marshmallow?" 

Now, if it was because you knew that girl Peaches, I could understand but I would urge you to reconsider. Comprehending you not liking caramel and coffee is like when my mom told me, at age 4, that, "a woman needed a man like a fish needs a bicycle." To this day, I still remember sitting at the kitchen table, wrapping my brain around a fish with really long frog legs riding a bicycle. 

I wanted to give my bottle some time to recover from travel shock before I gave myself a good slather...this wears pretty soft on me overall.  The peach is kind of syrupy, like I expect peach flavoring would be.  It's a nice juicy shine in the top.  It's more intensely peach in the bottle.  I get that sort of burnt-sugar earthy edge from the coffee and caramel and the cream aspect makes this really smooth.  I like it! :D  

I made a creme brulee the other day and used a bit of a finely ground Peet's dark blend almost as a spice topping/accent, the coffees in this perfume remind me of that. A coffee so lux that it can be used as a spice.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this. Its an amicable scent. Friendly and social. A non assertive coffee scent. 

I usally prefer a deeper coffee (Titilating Temptress or Latte), something LP has spoiled me for.

The hint of peach is a nice twist with the coffee. Little hints if sweet cream and carmel add a dash of complexity. Fun.

IF I wanted to add some cops here, should I try the Buttercream Peach with LAM+Aja? Or some OCCO White? I also have some BAM's (Vanilla, brown sugar, amber.) I made such an awful mix on myself yesterday that I cannot trust myself with any combo's at the moment.

Speaking of not trusting myself, what if I added just two drops EoW, or even one, to whole bottle? I'm thinking I'll leave one untouched, make one into a spray, and add a minor amount of cops to one rollerball. 

When it comes to adding cops to a bottle you should always go with the rule of Less Is More.  So yeah, start out with one or two drops, give it a few days to season, then see if how it wears and whether you want more.

On 5/19/2018 at 10:20 AM, luna65 said:

When it comes to adding cops to a bottle you should always go with the rule of Less Is More.  So yeah, start out with one or two drops, give it a few days to season, then see if how it wears and whether you want more.

Great, thank you. I was actually thinking one drop, but was questioning if I was being cowardly. I'll proceed with one!

Delicious!  When it first went on (I tried it yesterday) there was a huge WHAM! of coffee in the air; then the peach emerged and curled seductively around the coffee.  After a few moments the coffee settled down and the perfume became individualised - except for that faint lingering scent of peach the fragrance turned into something deep and surprisingly exotic.  I could not really smell the coffee, as a note, at all.  A true masterpiece, absolutely sublime.

7 hours ago, Wolf Dreaming said:

A true masterpiece, absolutely sublime.

I really enjoyed wearing this last night.

On 5/19/2018 at 10:20 AM, luna65 said:

Instead of using a pipette, I used a glass dropper the size of the pherotine droppers, and added two or three drops of cops. I figure that's maybe the equivalent of one regular size drop. With that in a roller and some of it in a spray, I was in my own little happy cloud. I think the tiny bit of cops deepen it a smidge. I want to say "make it creamier," but I just can't, under the circumstances.