Sign in to follow this  
Beccah

Jenna's Domina Venus

ADPE-JennaDominaVenus.jpg

Jenna desired a strong and rich sensual erotic potion...she described it as exuding a primal sexual intensity while retaining an air of femininity. It is based around dark and sweet amber, mixed with a particularly exotic Egyptian musk, with a rich heady pipe tobacco note and intoxicating boozy vanilla bean on top.

This reminds me of something - I just can't name what it is, though.  What I enjoy about it in an immediate/wet stage sense is the vanilla bean - it's a really nice top note.  The amber and musk make for a "chewy" kind of base.  After a time I get the pipe tobacco as a dusky midnote.  It's very dark to me, like totally appropriate for nighttime antics and such.  The only issue for me is that it kind of "blurs" together on my skin in a way I don't feel is necessarily complimentary, which I totally ascribe to my chemistry.  But it feels like one of those you could layer with other scents/notes to deepen it or take it in another direction.

ETA: in the long drydown this balances out on me and I get more of the vanilla bean, so it's much nicer.  Still very dark, though, if you like that kind of thing.

I'm loving this one! To me, it reads kind of like Bad Girl's bigger badder sister. Pairs well with LFN

This is swoon worthy if you love ambers.  There is something almost floral or sweet at the front end which quickly goes into the familiar amber vanilla combo I love.  I tore into this as soon as the mailman dropped it off so I probably have some bottle shock.  I don’t think my FB will last a month, I love this so.

Posted (edited)

This is pure golden, chewy amber smut. I had to go back and read the notes because you'd think there is some seriously smutty honey in here. My first thought was Dom Noir or an aged LP Black without the patch. On the long drydown [my favorite phase] the Egyptian musk becomes detectable and intermingles wonderfully. But, EM isnt going to let you off that easy. This is a scent that not only says sex, It's I'm in charge sex. What you wear in a FLR. Be ready. You may want to lay down the law and crave the feel of leather. 

Edited by StacyK

Wow, Stacy, you just made me want this, dammit. 

Stacy, you and I always love the same thing.  This is a really powerful scent.  I agree—I am so surprised there isn’t honey.  This is a “pair this with Dom, wear silk everything, paint my face like Garbo, and roll into a comfy corner table at the plaza before taking a traveler home to my room” kind of scent.  Wish I had brought it with me as I’m a block away from the Plaza now.

On 5/13/2018 at 10:47 PM, Eastwood22 said:

Wow, Stacy, you just made me want this, dammit. 

If you like to be in charge this is it.

11 hours ago, johnsonlisa90012 said:

Stacy, you and I always love the same thing.  This is a really powerful scent.  I agree—I am so surprised there isn’t honey.  This is a “pair this with Dom, wear silk everything, paint my face like Garbo, and roll into a comfy corner table at the plaza before taking a traveler home to my room” kind of scent.  Wish I had brought it with me as I’m a block away from the Plaza now.

Wow. Great visual there.

. This is a serious Dom scent. No question. 

Enjoy your trip. How exciting. 

What LP's did you bring?

15 hours ago, StacyK said:

I'm always in charge. The fun is when I pretend I'm not. But I'm not even capable of smelling submissive.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I'm always in charge. The fun is when I pretend I'm not. But I'm not even capable of smelling submissive.

LMAO. I was definitely referring to sex. As I could not see wearing this in another scenario. This is for someone who knows how to tie the knots.

I think 3 or 4 drops of cops in a bottle would be very complementary to this scent. 

Edited by StacyK

8 hours ago, StacyK said:

LMAO. I was definitely referring to sex. As I could not see wearing this in another scenario. This is for someone who knows how to tie the knots.

I think 3 or 4 drops of cops in a bottle would be very complementary to this scent. 

I'm wearing Lava Rain at the moment, which also has amber, Musk, and tobacco, but some aquatic notes keep it not quite x-rated. If it smells half as exotic and intoxicating as this, I'll be really happy.  Almost makes leaving Hawaii tolerAble.

On 5/15/2018 at 6:21 AM, StacyK said:

Wow. Great visual there.

. This is a serious Dom scent. No question. 

Enjoy your trip. How exciting. 

What LP's did you bring?

I always bring Howl these days to try to fall asleep faster.  The time zone changes are killing me flying from West Coast to East Coast every week.  I also brought a bit of Witty Kitty’s Snuggle as well as a L’Occitane scent that I picked up somewhere.  Alas, I am terrified what I would do with a Dom friendly scent in NYC.  I absolutely love this scent.  It’s so sexy with the amber musk combo.

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2018 at 7:30 AM, StacyK said:

That's good to know, I haven't put cops in anything for a while. When I open that EoW bottle, I need to have a quick plan! But there are a few that have crossed my mind as potentials, lately. I'm also considering trying just one drop in a few to test results. Isn't it something crazy like one drop per gallon that causes testosterone spike? 

6 hours ago, johnsonlisa90012 said:

I always bring Howl these days to try to fall asleep faster.  The time zone changes are killing me flying from West Coast to East Coast every week.  

I have never been so affected by time changes as I have been lately. Coming back from HI to CA this week has really messed me up. Last night I put on Beautiful Dreamer, but I suck at going to sleep early, so it was a little too late. My daughter got in bed with me at 5:30 am and was chatting away for 45 minutes, I'd probably oversleep and be late to teach today if she hadn't. Wish I could make it to acupuncture today.

Edited by Eastwood22

On 5/19/2018 at 10:05 AM, Eastwood22 said:

good to know, I haven't put cops in anything for a while. When I open that EoW bottle, I need to have a quick plan! But there are a few that have crossed my mind as potentials, lately. I'm also considering trying just one drop in a few to test results. Isn't it something crazy like one drop per gallon that causes testoste

Yes. If you get some empty smaller, half size roller bottles (1/6 as opposed to tge regular LP 1/3 size) it might make it easier for you. When you add cops to a scent. Shake well after addition and let the bottle sit a couple of days. It will really meld and bloom. 

I was sniffing my bottle eariler.

This scent is already a very SLF like scent. Usally you need Honey, Amber & Musk to get that. I think the chewy amber has a "honey-like" aspect. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2018 at 8:28 AM, StacyK said:

es. If you get some empty smaller, half size roller bottles (1/6 as opposed to tge regular LP 1/3 size) it might make it easier for you. When you add cops to a scent. Shake well after addition and let the bottle sit a couple of days. It will really meld and bloom. 

I do have some smaller bottles, but currently want everything to match. (Fairy Cakes are smaller, but they're all grouped together.) This past Sunday I put teeny tiny drops into a bunch of scents that I know can handle it, like resins, thick vanillas, and peaches, and have only busted into two of them so far. Jenna's Domina Venus just arrived on my doorstop today, I will let her be for now, at least until she unpacks her bags.

20 minutes later edit-

Yeah. I couldn't wait. This is soooo good. Strangely, I'm not getting a big SLF vibe, it's more sheer, almost like a "me, but only better" type skin scent, except after cuddling with tobacco. Maybe I should be concerned that I already SLF? Maybe I spend just enough time time slathering myself in various vanillas and ambers to believe that I naturally smell smoking hot. We'll see how it dries down. Hopefully no random strangers will try to hump my leg as I carry on about my evening. This might be like when I told my man that LP Rouge isn't a sexual-type scent and he said, "Oh yes it it!"

Edited by Eastwood22

14 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Maybe I spend just enough time time slathering myself in various vanillas and ambers to believe that I naturally smell smoking hot. 

It's probably that. :D

Also: when Mara first brewed LP Red over a decade ago, the people who wore it received very intense reactions of interest.  So yeah, there is something inherently sexual about it or any variant thereof.

5 hours ago, luna65 said:

It's probably that. :D

Also: when Mara first brewed LP Red over a decade ago, the people who wore received very intense reactions of interest.  So yeah, there is something inherently sexual about it or any variant thereof.

I did get one man following me around more than usual, kind of like a puppy. I just need to trust that even though I don't think it SLF, doesn't mean it doesn't to others. I'm not trying to compete with basketball, so I have no clue what my man thinks of it.