Love Potion: White

gaia

Holy Mother of Love! :D

This is, hands down, my favorite of the Love Potions!! I kid you not.......this is divine!

It's light and sweet and airy and warm and it just smells really, really good!!

It's kind of sophisticated yet innocent smelling....it's not a 'tear my f***in' clothes off and take me, right here!' scent......this will induce more gentle love-making......he/she will be carefull with the wearer of this scent, but also *know* that they are very much ready, willing and able! :)

I don't find it very floral, so if you're scared of the mention of Jasmine.....don't be! This is a very well blended Potion and I'll definitely use up the sample that I have now and order a couple more before it runs out as well!

• 1 month later...

I received this one as a special *extra* in my last order...and I had NO idea it might be my favorite so far...!

Notes: White Vanilla, White Amber, White Sugar, White Tea, White Jasmine Blossoms, Light Patchouli, and more.

FLWR4.gif Created by: Mara Fox

A Limited Edition Love Potion® Variety ~ Elegant perhaps, but cuddly too!

In the bottle: I smell white florals...which, for me is a bit scary. Most white florals I don't take to very well. There is a sweetness here too, but not in the way Tuberose is sweet in (to my taste) a cloying way. It's a ligthtly frosted sweetness...like *just* the right touch of sugar on your cereal... :rolleyes:

On the skin: Ok, it's summer here, deadly hot...fairly humid now that it's still monsoon season...very few fragrances are easily worn and enjoyed after the heat kicks in at 8am. I put this one one at 9am, walked a good way before getting into the air conditioning...so this one had plenty of time to bloom on me. And it did. It has become a *lovely* clean, sweet, yet sexy floral...almost soap or powdery clean scent. Funny coincidence - I had recently gone to the local Sephora, to sample Clean's set of fragrances. I *really* wanted to like one...I felt like one of those scents would be perfect for summer here, but none of them "grabbed" me. THIS is the kind of scent I was hoping for.

Does it *work* as a Love Potion, you ask? Oh my...

I went to visit my sweetie, who is not known to give compliments...either for the way I dress, nor for the way I smell... *immediately* smiled at me with an almost shy grin and told me, (hamming it up with a Southern accent) "You smell purty"... :P I what?! Knock me over with a feather here... Not only that, but he made it plain he intends to come over for a visit tonight. (!)

Another male friend remarked on it as well - noticing it was *new* for me, and it was very nice. This stuff must work with my body chemistry alright! I feel very happy in it...very uplifted even. Confidence booster, male attractant..hrm, could I have found all that?! Yes, it's in my next order! Go, ladies...sample this!

I love this scent.

And I would say that it isn't *clean* at all but rather fantastically and sensually gorgeous.

Yes, this is a Love Potion but in a more elegant, upper class sort of way.

And I agree with the poster above...you must try this one!

Mara, you have a winner! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just had to jump in and say how much I adore this frag. It's reminiscent of BPAL's Antique Lace but much more intense/pure. It's entirely romantic; perfect for weddings or daytime use. I like to layer it with Sugared Carnations for a super femme, softly spiced floral combo.

The next time I buy big bottles this one is up at the top. :wacko:

• 1 month later...

Ahhhh! This scent sounds so amazing, but I'm flat broke *sniggle* :wacko: I won't be able to afford a bottle of this until about Thanksgiving, because my DH and mother's birthdays are BOTH right before Thanksgiving and their gifts are sucking up my money. Will this stick around until then? I certainly hope so... any fragrance with white or pure associations has got my name written all over it, and I'd be heartbroken if this one got away...

Fingers crossed for ya Jess...It's a scent worth owning! I'll hold off on passing on this link to the guy I work with who *HAD* to know what I was wearing..so he could get it for his wife! :lol: (Just got notice my own bottle is in the mail - yay! )

Ahhhh! This scent sounds so amazing, but I'm flat broke *sniggle* :wacko: I won't be able to afford a bottle of this until about Thanksgiving, because my DH and mother's birthdays are BOTH right before Thanksgiving and their gifts are sucking up my money. Will this stick around until then? I certainly hope so... any fragrance with white or pure associations has got my name written all over it, and I'd be heartbroken if this one got away...

• 1 month later...

This is a dead ringer for Healing Gardens Sheer Passion perfume. I unfortunately don't get the pretty vanilla smell others seem to have gotten. I saw the comparisons between this scent and BPAL's Antique Lace which I love and smells great on me. This is very marine and aquatic on me and clean smelling. Not sexy at all.

I found a closer sister scent to LP White: Diamant by Fragonard. (Of course it has fixative and alcohol, which makes it smell more department store-y.) I'm not familiar with Healing Gardens, though. I looked up the notes for that and it said "cucumber," which I don't get from LP White at all. (Interesting trivia I found in my search- did you know COTY founded the paramilitary group Solidarite Francaise?)

• 5 weeks later...

Awww. So I picked up a bottle of this around Christmas and I actually don't really like the smell of it... which is so sad because "white" scents are usually so "me". Well, if this does run out and anyone wants mine, let me know. It's up for swaps.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok I decided to give white another try. Before I swear I smelled a hint of moldy bread with a hint of Tabu perfume. Today, not a trace. The weird thing was that I was smelling that smell everywhere I went too. I was thinking "Everyone in town could not have gotten LP white."

But today, by itself, I smell a baby's bottom...(not upclose :P ). Kind of a mama, milk lathered baby skin with some flowers in the background. Not as creamy sweet as Scandalous Intention. It has a tad of something minty like eucalyptus that makes it cool.

I think it's because I dabbed one of everything on my arm. LP white plus other stuff turns crazy. Tis true with real life, elegance is beautiful on it's own. But throw it in a crowd of sugar sweet, bubble gum chewing, cotton candy liking, sexy cinnamon sprinkling divas and it can get lost.

Not a BAM SHAZAM knock you over with my 5 inch heal smell. More like being loved and nutured by mom. Comforting.

Ok I decided to give white another try. Before I swear I smelled a hint of moldy bread with a hint of Tabu perfume. Today, not a trace. The weird thing was that I was smelling that smell everywhere I went too. I was thinking "Everyone in town could not have gotten LP white."

But today, by itself, I smell a baby's bottom...(not upclose :rolleyes: ). Kind of a mama, milk lathered baby skin with some flowers in the background. Not as creamy sweet as Scandalous Intention. It has a tad of something minty like eucalyptus that makes it cool.

I think it's because I dabbed one of everything on my arm. LP white plus other stuff turns crazy. Tis true with real life, elegance is beautiful on it's own. But throw it in a crowd of sugar sweet, bubble gum chewing, cotton candy liking, sexy cinnamon sprinkling divas and it can get lost.

Not a BAM SHAZAM knock you over with my 5 inch heal smell. More like being loved and nutured by mom. Comforting.

Not on me! I dries down into almost PURE amber! Nothing maternal about it! :)

• 6 months later...

This was one of my very first scents I ever tried from here, it was a sample, and it's one of the reasons I decided to keep ordering from here. I figured I'd be able to order a big bottle some other time but it got sold out, but now I know if I want it I better snatch it up!

Edited by Karmiel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This is an elegant scent. The white scents tend to be, I believe. More than anything, this is tea and jasmine on me, fine and understated. It needs to come back.

Yeah, definitely. I was thinking of getting a sample this latest go-round.

• 4 years later...

If Heaven has a perfume, this will be its signature scent.

(Wait. Of course Heaven will have perfume -- how would it be Heaven without?) :ange:

Edited by Just Ducky

If Heaven has a perfume, this will be its signature scent.

(Wait. Of course Heaven will have perfume -- how would it be Heaven without?) :ange:

Yeah so glad you like it! On me it was doing the white musky white ambery jasmine pierce my third eye thing.. ~ so glad it went to a great home : )

Lol! You managed to lay your mitts on some?

Hee Hee! An absolutely adorable image of a duck wearing mittens, smelling like Heaven of course, is now almost impossible to get out of my thoughts!

Yeah so glad you like it! On me it was doing the white musky white ambery jasmine pierce my third eye thing.. ~ so glad it went to a great home : )

:Emoticons0804: YESSSS!!! The lucky ducky mitts were able to grab LV's bottle she posted on her trade page and now the "musky white ambery jasmine pierce my third eye thing" has a new home! Cloud Nine never smelled sooo good! Thank you, Lady V!!!! :LuvU396:

I grabbed it mitt my beeeeek!! :lol:

• 4 years later...

I emailed Mara to help me identify scents similar to two of my LPMP faves (Simmering Sands-SS & Rainbow Mango), and she advised to try LP White, as it contains gardenia & similar to SS.

LP White, I feel is perfect for winter as it's very rich and comforting.

Selfie effect: ethereal, sexy/smokey & energized.

Reaction in others: accomodating & complementary.

This might pair well with SS4W...going to give it a try. :)

Edited by SWEETnDaring

Selfie effect: ethereal, sexy/smokey & energized.

Reaction in others: accomodating & complementary.

This might pair well with SS4W...going to give it a try. :)

That would be nice; I also like to wear this with LFM.

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 2 months later...

This one was one of the freebies in my order and WOW is this really lovely. I never would have picked this on my own based on the notes, as I generally gravitate more toward animalic, incensey, woody scents, but this one knocked my socks off! It's sweet in a way that is gentle and cozy rather than lick-my-face foody, with the just the right touch of floral to keep it all very elegant and charismatic. Looking forward to trying this on a test subject for a cozy cuddle evening. :cheers04251:

I received this as a freebie with a recent order as well and all I can say is BEAUTIFUL. This scent is so super gorgeous that I'm looking for any excuse to wear it. It is very lady-like and elegant (how I like to see myself). I think LFM or Popularity Potion (which gives me more of a graceful vibe) would pair well with this.

• 4 weeks later...

I re-discovered this recently and WOW! Before leaving the house I put on UN LFN. I had a bit of a drive and about 45 minutes later, applied White (applied after leaving home because I live in a fragrance-free house). That's when the selfies came! I did feel a little more confident with the LFN, but I felt soooo HAPPY after applying White. It was wonderful. I felt feminine and elegant. It's really beautiful and a must have IMO.

• 4 months later...