Archive: Naughty Minx

luna65

image.png.8958f764c56a99b757b366f483ed78cf.png

Created 'psychically' by Mara & Ail ~
My wonderful friend Ail calls often from Scotland and we brainstorm ideas together, regularly plucking things out of each other's minds unspoken. This awesome blend (my favorite of the month) was one of those that we both came up with at the same time. We both envisioned an Anise based scent... in my mind, the note acts like a playful little unexpected slap, and I thought of crafting a scent of contrasts. Ail contributed the idea of adding Tonka to the mix, I picked the darker resins, and most of the rest we had envisioned in common. Ail also contributed the name - that's what her boyfriend calls her. ha! And this blend certainly lives up to the name. It's quite fun and unexpected. Like when someone suddenly says something naughtily shocking and it makes you laugh out loud. It's that mood, in a bottle!

A playful array of unexpected contrasts. A bit naughty, teasing, and mildly sweet, but with a little bite — just to make sure you're paying attention! Anise, Tonka, Sugar, Pink Peppercorn, Tobacco, Mosses, and deep sensual Resins.

ANISE ~ Sexual potency, protection, happiness, youth, luck, calming, soothing, wedding rituals.
TONKA ~ Love, money, courage, wishes granted; wards off illness.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches, mood elevating, lust inducing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism.
MOSSES ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, Consecration, Protection.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing, powerful guard against evil.

Created by: Mara & Ail

Label art: Peter Driben

June 2008

Review Thread