Will LPMP still be shipping to Australia after 1st of July?

On the first of July this year the Australian government has decided that all items bought and sent from overseas will incur a 10% GST. Some companies will no longer bother shipping to Australia after this date, and I'm wondering whether Love Potion will be doing so? 

I haven't bought anything for a few months due to lower funds, but may have to do a last panic buy soon if access is blocked next month. 

I don't know anything about the impact of this yet. I suppose we will still ship everywhere and just have to take the extra fees into consideration. I think I can speak for all of us at LP, we apologize to the world for the moronic douchebag piece of shit that is currently occupying the oval office. We didn't vote for it, I mean him...no, I mean it.

LOL! Don't worry Mara, we have our own little group of moronic douchebags dictating at their leisure over here too. I would happily pay all extra fees necessary at the checkout, as long as it means I don't lose access to my beloved LPMP perfumes.  

IndieAna, it's been worrying me more the more I think about it. Will I still be able to order from the Book Depository (considering it's owned by Amazon)? Perfumes/pheromones and books are the big things I order from overseas because they simply often aren't available in Australia (well, not most of the obscure small press books I'm thinking of anyway). 

Edited by vladmyra

Oh, I'm definitely happy to pay any extra fees too!

Vlad, Amazon blocking us from their main site, sucks, I've quickly browsed the Australia site and I was so disappointed. I am glad that ebay isn't blocking International purchases, but I have a feeling we might not be so lucky with many o/seas based online stores. I buy a lot of makeup and skincare online, I would be upset not being able to have access, but would be devastated if I couldn't get access to LPMP!

Yeah IndieAna, I won't use Amazon Australia for anything except Kindle ebooks. Just out of curiosity, yesterday I searched a few random items available on Amazon Australia, and looked at the difference in prices compared to Amazon US. When looking at the US price, I then converted $US to $AU and added on 10% for the upcoming GST. If Amazon was being fair and competitive the GST and difference in the dollar values should be the only price difference. The mark ups were EXTREME! Most things were at least twice the price, some things almost three times the price.

For example, shoes by Hot Chocolate Designs- Amazon US: $49 & free shipping. After conversion and GST added the Australian price should be around $71. So how much was Amazon Australia charging (by the same seller on both sites)? $167 plus $20 shipping! Talk about an "Australia Tax"!

This extreme price difference is the real reason Amazon is going to block us. It already has to charge various taxes for different US states, so it's not that it can't do the work. It just wants to cash in on the goldmine of exorbitant prices in Australia. This is why we all shop overseas. 

Seriously, I hate Amazon. Do you know that different prices are displayed for each buyer? They estimate how much they think you will spend and try to bleed the most out of you.  (Not for us, because we set our own prices and ship ourselves to avoid their bullshit). If I have the option to order directly from a marketplace vendor, I will. Apparently using anonymous browsing will get you better deals on items on several sites around the web, including airline prices.

We've done this many times for our international friends: If there's something you need from the states, have it shipped to us and we will put it in your package with your LP order. As long as you pay the postage we are fine with relaying goods.

2 hours ago, Potion Master said:

We've done this many times for our international friends: If there's something you need from the states, have it shipped to us and we will put it in your package with your LP order. As long as you pay the postage we are fine with relaying goods.

:o  :wub:

No problem on the fwding guys, we are happy to do it.

I have had a price change within minutes of putting something in my Amaz cart, and repeatedly. When they do that, I stick the item in my save for later area and only purchase it when the price goes down again. You don't see them messing with prices by the hour? I pay close attention to that. I think it's thoroughly unethical.

http://www.wisebread.com/6-ways-to-avoid-sneaky-online-price-changes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4935422/How-Amazon-rip-changing-prices-300-times.html

11 hours ago, IndieAna said:

Lainey, I'd never heard of Camelcamelcamel, but it's mentioned in the first article.

Oh! I didn't read it until now. I have it set up for a bunch of different essential oils. I should actually set it up for ebooks, which I buy a ridiculous amount of (it's just so easy...)

Many thanks to both Mara and Lainey for the good info, and for Mara's generous shipping offer.

Amazon is even more horrible than I thought! Their behaviour doesn't surprise me though. Glad I don't want to buy from them.