Padma w/ Hedione

il_fullxfull.1520761182_kzly.jpg?version

Padma w/ Hedione

Our paean to the scented serenity of the sacred Lotus... a beautifully soft and powdery floral fragrance perfect for Summer. Blossoms of lotus and water lily float upon the watery cloud of cucumber and ozone, with a sheer but long-wearing base of blonde resins and white musk plus a dusting of powdered sugar. And for further womanly allure we’ve added the shimmery magic of Hedione, a jasmine derivative which has been discovered to evoke a pheromone-like response and gives off a lovely fresh airy floral aura.

Label Artwork Courtesy of Callie L. French

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
JASMINE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
CUCUMBER ~ Healing, fertility, abundance, invigorating.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
WHITE PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

Another floral winner. I like the juxtaposition of a resinous floral.

This is soft, powdery, pretty with the added depth of pale resins mingling on my skin. The gentle hedione elevates the scent teasing my nose and drawing me in to huff, adding another dimension. 

GAH THIS IS SO GOOD

it’s filmy, like a gauzy veil.  It is very sweet on me, which I love. Candied flowers!!!  It is the scent equivalent of sighing with contentment and swooning gracefully onto an embroidery covered divan with the many-layered skirt of one’s silk gown floofing all around one. Instant love

Edited by tyvey

This is really lovely as a summer floral, in terms of the gauziness of it.  I always think it could go either way - either full-bloom or breezy - and I enjoy both those philosophies, as it were.

The Hedione is beautiful as always, but all the elements really meld together nicely and the powdered sugar actually gives it a sort of creamy impression to me.  It has a creamy-powdery kind of thing going on, sort of like Mysteries of the Orient.  But I would say the jasmine is definitely more prominent, although to my nose the lotus and jasmine are probably blending into one big sweet blossom.

This is soft and pretty! It's sweet but not heavily so. The florals are light and fluffy. Other than the sugar, there's not one note that is standing out to me. But I get the "feel" of them all, if you know what I mean. The light resins give it weight and depth. I reeeeaaaalllllyyyy like this one!

This is the opposite of my type of scent but I was into it enough to try it on this morning. The lotus and water lily are fresh and clean. I get a wee hit of indole from the jasmine. It’s light and pretty for the first good long while until long dry down occurs and then the frank really starts amping. It’s a really nice juxtaposition of the Fresh florals and the whisper of the resins. The patchouli behaves very nicely. I have had it on for an hour and a half but it’s giving me a migraine now so I’m going to have to scrub it off. Glad I tried it though. What a well thought out and exceptionally constructed perfume!

• 10 months later...

This is very pretty. When I first put it on, I detected a sharp, or tangy edge, as if it had, say, pineapple in it. Not sure what that was. I also get the "airy" vibe, which must be the hedione, and I get the powderiness (is that a word? Did I spell it right?). This is a very ladylike perfume. The thing is, I am not a very ladylike lady. So I don't know if it's a "me" scent, but it IS very pretty.

• 2 years later...

Padma is quite the morpher on me. It starts off as a very light floral. Reminiscent of a more traditional perfume, but soft and nice. Very feminine. Then, after 5 minutes, starts becoming more almost grassy, and a very green heart develops. At this point, it is far less commercial, as it is fresh and unexpected. Next, at the 20 minute mark, the frankincense and myrrh show up. Through all of this, though, it is still a quiet fragrance. Eventually, it settles down to a light scent with just a bit of patch hanging around the crook of my elbows. Nice for a day you want just a hint of something without it being the star of the show.

• 4 months later...

I really love this blend and I actually keep this bottle in my office at my plant in Georgia, it's such a sophisticated and elegant blend.  The notes in this all equally blend together to actually create a harmonious scent on me. I always wear this when I'm at the office in Georgia. My plant workers always compliment me when I wear this. On me this a floral that lightly floats on my skin, it's like I'm at a high end event just gracefully moving through the room with this amazing light bright scent on me.  I normally amp patch, but this note just stays in the background.  I got this a few years ago and I'm so glad that I took this bottle along with a few others down to GA...