Deliciae w/Popularity Potion-Summer 2018

il_fullxfull.1568401355_b8jw.jpg?version

Deliciae is Latin for Darling but it sounds delicious, right? Well, it is! Our enormously popular version of a Princess Cupcake (our Darling Clementine) returns for delicious Summer slathering! A fluffy blend of birthday cake-style vanilla and vanilla bean paste is delicately flavored with oranges and clementines and covered in luscious whipped cream frosting with a glittery topping of fruity sugars. And we made this fragrance spray simply irresistible with our exclusive POPULARITY POTION pheromone blend, the purpose of which is to help give off an air of 'movie star-esque' charisma! 

Label Artwork Courtesy of Callie L. French

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CLEMENTINE & ORANGE EOs ~ Strong ‘magnet’ to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!    Not a super strong scent, but oh my is it darling and delicious!  It is not overtly citrus, not overtly sugary, or overtly any one facet, it is very well blended!  I've never worn anything with PP in it before, and as I'm not much of a self responder to pheromones I can't give much of an opinion on how the pheromone factor makes me feel.  

It is light and summery without being tropical.  I am sad that it doesn't last longer.  However, there is a trace lingering on my wrist this morning, a reminder of what I applied before bedtime.  I think I'm going to have to go full spray bottle on this one.

Hmm This might be my favorite version of Darling Catalina. I love orange citrus and the opening soft blast is delicious. It soon fades though and leaves behind a true vanilla cupcake. The cake aspect amps and amps but never gets cloying or overwhelmingly sweet. The extreme long drydown is fabulous though when just a sweet Skin like remnant remains.

I have tried all of the variants of the orange cupcake experience, hee!  I can't necessarily say it's just like Darling Clementine (the original), although I know that was Mara's intention.  But comparing this to Darling Catalina (the first variant), I would say that Deliciae has more of a focus on the citrus aspect of the blend.  Darling Catalina is definitely more of an actual cupcake kind of scent.  Deliciae is a lovely light creamy citrus kind of happening, and I definitely enjoy it in the same way I enjoy something like Celebutante or Lariel - even as those are different things.  But they're a type of thing, if that makes sense.  Deliciae has a bit more of a perfume-y vibe to it for me in the long drydown, the citrus does fade a bit and I get more of the amber.

While I have always liked the Darling Cs, I never got a bottle. I can't figure out why, lol. 

This is sooooo yummy! On my skin, it's much like Halo's. I get the scrumptious orange at first, but it soon settles and becomes this amazing creamy vanilla cupcake. It's actually making my mouth water ? 

I wore this to bed last night, to test it out on my man. I already have a FB on the way, and I'm excited about it no matter his opinion, but I was glad he drifted off to sleep after giving it the extra second grab of my wrist. Sometimes when I ask him to smell something new on my wrists, he says, "I just smell oranges," because the scent is often on my hands. I can eat 5 lb of citrus a day no problem, but it will be nice to have it on my neck and be intentional, instead of just on sticky fingers.

Oh the joys of a big fat orange cupcake. I LOVE orange. There's an orange cake with spice I make in the Fall (thats what Inspire Desire reminded me of). 

Sadly my taste buds and skin chemistry cannot agree. As is often the case in what I term "Super Foodies" or Heavily foody scents, usally containing that dairy note that my skin turns sour (litterally). Oh well :(

But, having tried a few of Mara's orange cupcakes. Why? Well, the orange cupcake has become one of LPs "classics" and if you love LP you must at least try them all. I never tried Darling Clementine, to far before my time here. I did however have a bottle of Darling Catalina. I remember trying it w/o knowing the notes and I smelled like it had, no kidding, chocolate in the scent. It smelled brown not orange to me.  Then the dairy came out.  I had to say goodbye. 

Atomic Mandarin was a bit lighter than this. It is a little easier to wear.

This is super foody, decadent cake. Orange cake with cream and sugar and all those mouthwatering things that we crave from time to time. That is out of the vial and on a piece of paper i waved under my nose. On my skin it overwhelms me. Then the dairy goes sour. But, off my skin I can appreciate the scent. I may try the remaining in an oil warmer. I would not mind the house smelling like this

A great pairing with the phero.

The bright citrus and pink sugars just scream pop potion. 

18 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I'm so sorry! 

Thank you for the condolences. Poor me. Seriously its been rough. I'd love my skin to smell of fab orangey cupcakes... but alas.... 

13 hours ago, StacyK said:

Thank you for the condolences. Poor me. Seriously its been rough. I'd love my skin to smell of fab orangey cupcakes... but alas.... 

I turn civit, and some other things, into cat pee. But does this mean you have Fairy Cake trouble, too? Or you can do some frosting but no dairy? What about Liebchen?

7 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I turn civit, and some other things, into cat pee. But does this mean you have Fairy Cake trouble, too? Or you can do some frosting but no dairy? What about Liebchen?

Most of the Fairycakes I can do. The cake is light, they dont have that strong note that turns on me. Liebchen is heavy, it sort of walks that line. But when I tried it (lightly) I did not get the sour dairy. I wore Fuzzy Wuzzy just fine which was similiar  to Liebchen. In general I do better with marshmallow (Aurora). But there are cakes I can do. 

Civit is not usally a win for me. The only exceptions were Tattooed Lady & Cat's Eye.  I couldn't wear Tattooed Lady though because it has BI and BI feels like someone took a cleaver to my frontal lobe. 

I think Deliciae and Carta would both make great wax melts too. I put some of this in an oil warmer to test it and it was great. 

1 hour ago, StacyK said:

Most of the Fairycakes I can do. The cake is light, they dont have that strong note that turns on me. Liebchen is heavy, it sort of walks that line. But when I tried it (lightly) I did not get the sour dairy. I wore Fuzzy Wuzzy just fine which was similiar  to Liebchen. In general I do better with marshmallow (Aurora). But there are cakes I can do. 

Civit is not usally a win for me. The only exceptions were Tattooed Lady & Cat's Eye.  I couldn't wear Tattooed Lady though because it has BI and BI feels like someone took a cleaver to my frontal lobe. 

I think Deliciae and Carta would both make great wax melts too. I put some of this in an oil warmer to test it and it was great. 

Phew on the Fairy Cakes! Regarding marshmallow, I might be one of the only people on here that isn't marshmallow crazed. (Shhhh. Don't tell anyone.) I love Liebchen, I have it in spray and have an unopened backup roller, and Aurora's in the "just okay" category for me.

I've heard the headache thing in relation to BI on here before, or maybe it was you, but I'm lucky and BI is a win for me. I don't do good with some chocolates, they get weird on my skin. My man's even said, "that is the exact kind of chocolate I don't want to eat." I dislike Howl on me but I'll wear it at the kid's bedtime sometimes anyway because they love it and the MLH works on them. Goblin Tamer is the only thing I've ever put in a scent locket specifically for phero purposes. But I love the wax melt option! Chocolates in the kitchen make me happy. I don't mind "wasting" the scent if it doesn't work on my skin. I should try Aurora in the kitchen, maybe it's my skin that doesn't do great with marshmallow.

Yeah but Eastwood it might just be a personal preference thing. I love Aurora and 95% of all lavender as it’s my all time favorite note but I do not enjoy Liebchen at all. They are very different to me so it makes perfect sense to me that you like one but not the other like me.

This makes me happy. The orange is bright and great for Popularity Potion; plus I've been on a cake kick lately, so this arrived just in time :) Perfect summer party scent/phero.

Edited by Witty Kitty

My goodness this version of DC makes me want to eat my arm. I love that it's more citrus forward. 

On 7/2/2018 at 1:05 PM, Beccah said:

My goodness this version of DC makes me want to eat my arm. 

Add OCCO Ambrosia (2012 for me), you won't be the only nom nom ing on your arm!

14 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Add OCCO Ambrosia (2012 for me), you won't be the only nom nom ing on your arm!

Ooooh!  I'm going to try this with OCCO Ambrosia.  I love the smell of Deliciae, but it fades fairly quickly on me, possibly because I just have the sampler, not a spray. I'm planning on getting a FB during the sale. I'm thinking that pairing it with OCCO Ambrosia might make it hang around longer.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, halo0073 said:

Try it again in a few months. Sometimes travel shock makes this worse. Sometimes they just need to age a bit.

Ok I’ll take your advice halo ?! So far my skin chemistry seems to take most scents very well. Most aren’t very “loud” in smell they’re subtle. Especially my LAM brown sugar. The buttercream peach ? was very “loud” on me and I love ❤️ it. 

I was going to get discouraged because someone recommended BBM and just wanted to automatically eliminate vanilla because of this one. ? I know dramatic. 

@Vicki Lee Mara does so many unique scents with so many different vanilla notes, that would be like having one Reese's peanut butter cup as your only chocolate ever, and then deciding chocolate wasn't your thing. I have this and BBM and, to my nose, they're not even distant cousins.

2 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Vicki Lee Mara does so many unique scents with so many different vanilla notes, that would be like having one Reese's peanut butter cup as your only chocolate ever, and then deciding chocolate wasn't your thing. I have this and BBM and, to my nose, they're not even distant cousins.

Ok thank you for the further reassurance! I decided that I wanted to get all the limited edition scents that have what I'm looking to test out. Since that OCCO scare I'm not taking any chances waiting. If I want It I need to go ahead and buy it! And Bad Girl 2018 w/ Leather is one of them! It has vanilla but other notes I'm hoping will stick out if the vanilla fails me lol. Plus I'm not ready to handle Leather UN...As a newbie I'm scared of them haha! :Emoticons04282:

3 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Vicki Lee, I completely agree with @Eastwood22. Delicaie and BBM are nothing alike on me either, and I do enjoy both of them. Delicaie is much sheerer and orangey/vanilla, whereas BBM is rich and creamy and has a much denser smell to me.

18 minutes ago, Kayla said:

@Vicki Lee, I completely agree with @Eastwood22. Delicaie and BBM are nothing alike on me either, and I do enjoy both of them. Delicaie is much sheerer and orangey/vanilla, whereas BBM is rich and creamy and has a much denser smell to me.

Hmmm ok I trust y'all so I'll do like halo said and wait a bit and try it again... I won't loose faith in vanilla and sugars, BBM is on my extensive to try list! 

• 5 months later...

Pallas is my #1 scent for those "I haven't had enough sleep and instantly need to be wide-awake, commanding, and irresistible" scent, so much that I've accidentally sprayed myself directly in the face while 1/2 asleep. I like to pretend it's like main-lining strong coffee. But Deliciae has steadily become perhaps my #2 grab-and-go for energizing myself and appearing energized and charming. Who can resist a woman that reminds one of orange Buttercream frosting? Even if a cupcake is shouting orders, it's still a cupcake, for fuck's sake. No one minds being bossed around by a cheery cupcake, even if said cupcake makes you hold yourself in plank for an absurd amount of time. It's like getting bitten by a puppy. Sure, it's a dog, and yeah, it bit you, but look at those big paws! It's so cute and it hardly broke the skin at all! 

I'm just saying, one can get away with a lot when your scent subconsciously brings back the naughty pleasure of licking frosting off a cupcake. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2019 at 12:28 AM, Eastwood22 said:

Who can resist a woman that reminds one of orange Buttercream frosting? Even if a cupcake is shouting orders, it's still a cupcake, for fuck's sake. No one minds being bossed around by a cheery cupcake, even if said cupcake makes you hold yourself in plank for an absurd amount of time. It's like getting bitten by a puppy. Sure, it's a dog, and yeah, it bit you, but look at those big paws! It's so cute and it hardly broke the skin at all! 

I'm just saying, one can get away with a lot when your scent subconsciously brings back the naughty pleasure of licking frosting off a cupcake. 

😂 LOL! So true, Eastwood. The Velvet Hammer effect, haha. I'd be raving madly and drooling over this one, as the citrus/vanilla/cupcake/amber thing is right up my alley, but on my skin it's soooo faint I can barely smell it even with a copious amount applied, and then poof, suddenly it's gone like a curling wisp of smoke evaporating into the air. It IS yummy delicious, though! I love it, I just wish it had more of a substance and "presence" and some sillage on me. Regretfully, I do not notice much in the way of selfies with almost any of the pheros I've tried (except Lumina which is AWESOME!), so I didn't notice anything with the PP in this one. Boo! I will certainly use and love my sample, and will keep my eyes open for when and if there is a re-brew at some point. 

ETA: You know, I just re-applied this, and it is SO dreamy, creamy, fresh, bright, juicy, happy and delicious (Deliciae!) that I completely forgive it for being so fleeting. I'd far rather reapply often than do without. I  might layer this over something very sandalwood-y and tenacious on the skin and be in absolute LP HEAVEN. The more I sniff, the more I see a full bottle in my next order. At least 1. This feels really like a standard, always-need-to-have-it "me" scent. I think experimenting with layering with this one might be a VERY good thing. ;) Mmmmmmmmm  Now I just need a man to snurfle my neck! 

Edited by LexiJo

8 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

@LexiJo you should try Butterscream Lemon then! I think it has more staying power, and you can mix it with any phero you'd like.

Hi Eastwood, yes! I have it...and LOVE it, lol! I'm a MAJOR citrus vanilla lover. Now, if i can find one with grapefruit and vanilla or tangerine and vanilla! :)

@LexiJo we're on the same team. I have the Fairy Cakes in Pineapple and Lemon, plus Sugared's in Grapefruit and Lemon, and I always want them turned up past 11. 

Do you happen to have Lait Du Citron? They're different, more complex and have floral notes too, but you might like Juicy Lucy or Paradisi or LP Gold. (I'm just thinking of things I love...)

You might want to stalk trade Threads for:

Lemon Buttercream Skyclad Body Silk (which no one would ever part with, but if you win powerball I will sell you half a jar for one million dollars...) 

Orangzipan

Dolly's Hot & Sticky

That's all I've got for now.

Hope you win the Powerball. I bet someone else might sell you another half jar for another million.

Yes! Lina's Mama Lion! That's the last thing I slathered myself with before this double onslaught of cold + allergies.