Leisha-Summer 2018

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1520683740_kuub.jpg?version

Inspire rapturous devotion and attain the key to his heart with this alluring fragrance featuring candied fig - a symbol of female sexuality - spiced with cardamom to inflame desire, sweetened with vanilla to ensure happiness and arouse lust, enfolded within the mesmerizing auras of sage and sandalwood, reclining on a bed of enticing exotic musks and resins. 

Label Artwork Courtesy of Callie L. French

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
FIG ~ Feminine sexuality.
CARDAMOM ~ Lust, love.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac.
SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

This is really sage-y on me.  To the exclusion of almost everything else, sadly.  I do get a hint of cardamom in the background.  There is a Middle Eastern kind of vibe to it, definitely.

I'll have to try it again in a month or two.

This is my favorite of the summer releases so far which is funny because I initially put it into my no or maybe pile when I first sniffed them all from the Vial. Then realized it was the one I was most looking forward to. So I went back specifically for it and upon smelling it again from the Vial  it struck me as being perfumey. Wet it does smell a bit perfumey but that part changes fairly quickly. It’s sweet sticky figs with spice and resins. It smells a good deal like Exotica to me Fig wise. And it smells like incense. But no patch in this one. It may be the Musk that is reading perfumey on me. In any case I love it. I’m not getting much sage which is good for me. Erin’s Hot Honeyed Fig was my first hardcore LP Love all those years ago and this reminds me of that mixed with Exotica which I also love. I’ve slathered this beauty at least 10 times in the last few days.

Straight out of the vial this takes me back to our Turkish neighbors kitchen. Baklava, coffee, figs, honeyed sweets, exotic spices and something always cooking on the stove.

The sage comes forward a bit later. It adds a [sort of] hippy/head shoppe scent to me that I actually do not identify as a traveling companion with the rest of the notes. Lol. Its like a Turkish family living in Venice Beach (c.1980s). Amusing as that is I could do without it. Usually I like sage. But, it is a detergent/cleaner to me. Here it just brings on that caravan scent and I was grooving on homemade exotic cooking and sensual sticky figs 5 mins ago. The sage just sort of cleans up if you will, the sweet figs and all the other nommy notes are pushed back a bit. Like someone scrubbed the kitchen  clean.

We will see about the longer drydown

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get a lot of fig in here. I was hoping for sweet, syrupy fig, mixed with the spices  and other notes. I think getting mostly cardamom and sage. 

But it smells warm and exotic. It's a comforting scent, and I think it would be great for evenings at home, reading and sipping tea. Curled up watching reruns of GoT. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is my favorite of the NRs. The BF was reading the sage note as mint? Idk, I knew that I loved this one, the sandalwood pulled me & combined with sage almost tricked my nose into detecting pine or mahogany.  But I knew that wasn't it. Very exotic & definitely :hearts0425: for me.