Carta d'Amor w/DHEAS & A-Nol-Summer 2018

il_fullxfull.1520908412_ed93.jpg?version

Carta d'Amor 
Pheromone Enhanced w/ DHEAS & A-nol

Like the passionate declarations of a love letter, proclaiming a lifetime of ardor with just a few sentences, this fragrance is an ode to adoration, to the intensity which is experienced in the blissful state of young love. Created with ingredients which represent love, devotion, tribute and wishes come true, as well as the nurturing and preservation of youthful demeanor. A melange of bright berry notes - dewberry, wild strawberry, mulberry and black currants - with fresh red clover and a layer of smooth oakmoss, we have enhanced this scent with a pheromone blend featuring DHEAS and Alpha-nol to enhance that aura of youthful exuberance. 

Label Artwork Courtesy of Callie L. French

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
DEWBERRY~ Tribute, adoration, healing, money attraction, protection. 
CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
MULBERRY ~ Luck, willpower. protection, strength.
CLOVER ~ Protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing, luck.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

As berry blends go, this one is fresh and tangy but not too sweet.  Berry notes are always uplifting to me so it fits in with the theme of this scent.  The oakmoss makes it very smooth, sort of takes away the "bite" that this kind of scent might have.  This is a grown-up kind of berry scent, not quite as cute/girly as Nectar de l'Amour, for example.  In the long drydown the mulberry comes out a bit more to sweeten it up a bit.

Wow! Another summer winner!!!

I'm not always a berry fan, sometimes they're a little too cutesy, and sometimes they remind of cheap body sprays and the headaches I get from over-exposure to them. Someone mentioned hearing someone (maybe a teacher) saying that they hate both Vanilla and Rose on this forum last week. I'm guessing that person had been traumatized at the mall, standing in line behind some member of the body spray army. Carta de Amor is NOTHING like any berry body spray on the planet, and smells nothing like a shopping teenager. As far as a grown up currant and berry, it's perfect. There's a nice even blend of berries, and I like the clover. The oakmoss with the clover allow it to be fresh and bright with no little girl vibe. I don't know if anyone else would call this "clean," but I think it's a great stepping-out-of-the-shower/ "I'm excited for my brunch plans" kind of scent. I'd be so happy if my clothes smelled like this when I put them on. It does have that "youthful exuberance" vibe, but in a natural happy way, not  forced. I grabbed it this morning without putting much thought into the pheros, and I was in a great mood for my morning class. I was playing a Beatles heavy set list for my am class, and it just so happened that most of the class was alive and enjoying music in 1967, so we had a lot of fun. Maybe this blend is similar to Topper? I've had good results with that one. I feel like I would reach for a spray of this one like I do with Drive By Fruiting, its uplifting and would put even Oscar the Grouch in a good mood.

This trial set is rough for me because, so far, I want them all. I've yet to find one "not for me!" I hope to finding several that I DON'T want, but it's not going well. 

Edited by Eastwood22

Attention all PINK scent lovers! Get it while you can. This a BIG PINK summer scent. Pink, Pinky, Pink, Pink, with smooth oakmoss. Are you kidding me...

This is pink heaven. I could go on and say the strawberry is really just there for the [summer] pinkness and the mulberry tames it adding more glorious pink. This note, that note.... Its a freaking wonderful pink scent. I had the same reaction I had when I tried the original MERRY (thats winter pink) and Lick of Pink (floral pink). It's freaking PINK and if you like pink scents, that's it. 

I love the slightly dizzying complementary addition of the pheros because when you smell this pink who cares. 

Edited by StacyK

Mmmmm! I'm not always a berry lover, either. But this is SO GOOD! It is pink, but it's an airy, sweet summer morning pink. Meeting up with the girls for pom-osas pink. Sunglasses and a hot pink pedicure in white sandals pink. A-nol is one of my favorite pheros, so I see this one getting a lot of use! ?

13 hours ago, Bella15 said:

But this is SO GOOD! It is pink, but it's an airy, sweet summer morning pink. Meeting up with the girls for pom-osas pink. Sunglasses and a hot pink pedicure in white sandals pink.  ?

Definitely. Now I want the pedicure too. ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This. is. incredible. Oh my god it's so pretty and fruity and happy and...it's like the Dewberry oil from The Body Shop (before they sold out to be corporate shills) got sprinkled with fairy dust and went to live in Happy Rainbow Sparkle Unicorn Land. It's gorgeous!

Someone said it's an "airy, sweet summer morning pink," and I agree! 

I need a full bottle but I am currently strapped for cash. But one of these days...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 7:33 PM, Honeycake said:

This is a nice fruity berry fragrance.  It turned a bit, but I got lots of flirty hits from this from men. I know this doesn't have cops so...but lots of guys thought I was pretty and told me so. :) 

Its a super cheery pink scent. The vibe is accelerated by the "happy pheros".

Though I will tell you, I have had the "umm, you smell good" thing from men just wearing "virgin" pink scents.

BTW Nothing compares (pheros or not) to the reactions I got to "Lick Of Pink" from men. Seriously, Mara so nailed it there. No pheros required. You would have thought every bottle had a big dose of cops in it. I gave a bottle to my SIL and she had similliar experiences. She came to me mystified telling me about reactions she had. I told her yes, that one really gets male reactions. Maybe don't wear it to class. LOL 

4 hours ago, StacyK said:

Its a super cheery pink scent. The vibe is accelerated by the "happy pheros".

Though I will tell you, I have had the "umm, you smell good" thing from men just wearing "virgin" pink scents.

BTW Nothing compares (pheros or not) to the reactions I got to "Lick Of Pink" from men. Seriously, Mara so nailed it there. No pheros required. You would have thought every bottle had a big dose of cops in it. I gave a bottle to my SIL and she had similliar experiences. She came to me mystified telling me about reactions she had. I told her yes, that one really gets male reactions. Maybe don't wear it to class. LOL 

Hey StacyK.

I have never been too much into pink scents.  It is hard for me to find a fruit scent that my skin won't turn. 

Wow.  I don't think I have ever heard of that - Lick of Pink. 

That is great that both you and she got awesome hits from it.  :)

3 minutes ago, Honeycake said:

Hey StacyK.

I have never been too much into pink scents.  It is hard for me to find a fruit scent that my skin won't turn. 

Wow.  I don't think I have ever heard of that - Lick of Pink. 

That is great that both you and she got awesome hits from it.  :)

Lick Of Pink was pretty and very unique. Its from '12, maybe? It's a floral. Some Pinks come in floral. Another pretty pink (floral) sent was a PE,  Amanda's Sweet Pink Flowers. I had a little 1/6 bottle of it. I'd love a redux of it someday. 

21 hours ago, StacyK said:

Lick Of Pink was pretty and very unique. Its from '12, maybe? It's a floral. Some Pinks come in floral. Another pretty pink (floral) sent was a PE,  Amanda's Sweet Pink Flowers. I had a little 1/6 bottle of it. I'd love a redux of it someday. 

Oh wow.  I didn't know that.  I had no idea that you could have a pink floral.  Would this be similar to a lavander floral like fuzzy wuzzy? 

IMO, there are some florals that really scream pink. Fressia comes to mind. But there are others.

FW was really foody so you'd be adding that element.

But yes! You could totally do a Pink (floral) Foody. You should brainstorm on the PE planning page. Mara's probably not doing PE's for awhile. But you'd be ready. 

Check out these notes.

Edited by StacyK

• 3 months later...

Carta d'Amor is really gorgeous. It starts off fruity and so pretty. I love dewberry. Love it and am so happy to have a scent with it. As the clover emerges it adds a touch of dryness to complement the fresher, brighter notes. Then the whole thing settles down into a quiet, pretty scent that is just a touch perfumey, but not in a bad way. I wish it lasted a little longer, but even then it leaves a nice, close scent at the application points. It's just so pretty. My sale order includes two bottles, because I want to be sure I have a back-up. I wish I had a better description, but all I keep coming back to is pretty. So to sum up: pretty. (It's pretty.)

As for the phero, Alpha-nol on its own can give me a headache, but here it is tempered by the DHEAS, making it not a problem. In combination, these pheros made me happy, confident, and patient. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, FlowerPower said:

Is this still available at least as a trial? I would like to try it as I LOVE pinky scents and like the phero blend.

If not, I have like 2, maybe 3 of these, not in the trial, but the little freebie vials that they send with each order. If you want them, I will happily send them to you so that you can try them out, just let me know :) It's a great scent / phero blend ! 

Just now, FlowerPower said:

Ok. Thank you! 😁 I just placed an order and ask for a trial vial. If they don't have it, I will surely follow up with you .

No problem & okay ! Mine are great, but not getting any attention because I have so many that I wear more often....the phero combo in this is so great, hopefully they'll put it in other blends sometime, too :) 

9 hours ago, StrawberryKitten said:

No problem & okay ! Mine are great, but not getting any attention because I have so many that I wear more often....the phero combo in this is so great, hopefully they'll put it in other blends sometime, too :) 

Yes! I feel like this would be perfect for me because I love both pheros and I love anything with a pinky smell. Can't wait to try it.

• 1 month later...

This is happy juice to me. Someone sweet, fun young thing in my mind in a yellow cotton sundress and this goes so well with DHEAS and A-nol. I do see myself wearing this when I'm interacting with my undergraduate students. 

• 11 months later...

This is so sophisticated and gorgeous on me. It's like I'm wearing a veil of lace. It's light and bright.  I don't usually wear DHEAS & A-Nol, as it tends to make me lightheaded but in this blend it's fablous and I can wear this and have no issues...love this so much, I got another bottle during the sale