Cowabunga Gazunga-Summer 2018

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1520652948_qe27.jpg?version

"Hey brah, you know what time it is? That’s right, it’s time for big waves and hot honeys - it’s Summertime! So when you’re scoping the sand for those little wainies in their wild bikinis, don’t forget the sunscreen ‘cause it’s rad to be catchin’ some rays but looking like a lobster in your baggies is way lame! Hang loose and remember that Summer is for lovers!”

Open this bottle of instant sunshine and let the summer fun begin...a totally tubular refreshing blend of sweet juicy honeydew and tangy kumquat layered on a bed of silky white amber for sheer warm-weather wearability.

Label Artwork Courtesy of Callie L. French

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
MELONS ~ Water magic, fertility
KUMQUAT ~ Prosperity and good fortune.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

Oh. My. God.

Or Holy Cowabunga!

I want to drink, swim in, and pet this perfume, all at the same time. No one is going to believe me when they say, "Oh, you smell so pretty, what am I smelling?" and I tell them the name. Whatever. Non-believers don't deserve this anyway. But I do! It's a cool drink of honeydew melon cooler on a hot day, there's no challenge in drinking it down, I know kumquat is a citrus but the combo is so smoothe, it won't slow you down. Chug away. 

Apologies to all of you waiting for the eloquent scent reviewers to chime in. But if you like melon scents, I say just buy it, and then you'll know what it smells like and you'll be very pleased with yourself for making such good choices. For the record, the only scent I've had with kumquat is Ladybird, it's not sticky sweet like that. Cowabunga Gazunga is cooling and refreshing, not sticky. If you wear this on a hot enough day, people might lick you.

I am literally getting thirsty as I huff my wrists. I wish I knew of a beverage that tastes this good, I run to the store immediately.

Edit- I did run to the store and found an organic CBD oil infused Peach ginger drink called Vybes. It wasn't melon, but had the right not-too-sweet refreshing smoothe fruit mouth feel. And now I'm at Peet's because I need beans, but I ordered a Honey Black Tea blended with cold brew coffee and mango added.If anything, Cowabunga will keep my focused on staying hydrated. 

Edited by Eastwood22

I really like this at first and in the mid dry down. Mostly it's fresh fruits & a splash of summer on my skin. Reminiscent of a fruity drink by the sea. I love melons and more specifically honeydew so I was not worried. This is just my favorite type of summer scent for a light dose of "white amber". The kumquat is bright and juicy. It does take over somewhat in the very long dry down. After about 6.5 hours it is mainly all I'm left with.  But, in its early and mid stages, it is glorious.

Edited by StacyK

This makes me think of Summer Belle or even A Treasure of Emeralds in terms of the honeydew - not too sweet, but totally juicy.  I like how the kumquat bolsters it in terms of that three-dimensional quality.  It's a very linear scent in terms of its' wear, it stays consistent which is a good thing for hot weather.  So if you suffer - as I do - from Melon Madness, this is your slather!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting major 90s nostalgia from Cowabunga Gazunga. I am so reminded of B&B's cucumber melon, but that was just a pale imitation of the melon goodness in Cowabunga Gazunga. Lovely, refreshing, summer-y melon goodness.

Mmm! This is mouth-wateringly fresh and yummy! If this was an alcohol drink, I’d be guzzling it right now ? ?

The melon is sweet, the kumquat feels kind of tangy, and the amber gives a soft smoothness to hold it together. Perfect for hot summer days! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2018 at 8:46 PM, Eastwood22 said:

@Witty Kitty I have this on today too, but over Mystic Dewdrop. The melon makes the honeysuckle work, I might try it over every summer floral! 

Eastwood, do you put it right over it (ie. mix those 2 together)  or just next to it? 

5 hours ago, Blanche said:

Eastwood, do you put it right over it (ie. mix those 2 together)  or just next to it? 

I just wait for the first one to fully dry down and then roll the other on top when my intention is to mix a scent, which is what I did here. I always wait for the first to fully dry so I don't get other scents on the rollerball, though. Once in a blue moon I'll slather one forearm with one thing and the other with another and then mix. But if I'm wearing two things with pheros or cops I might just have completely different application points, depending on what they are.

On 7/25/2018 at 4:29 PM, Eastwood22 said:

I just wait for the first one to fully dry down and then roll the other on top when my intention is to mix a scent, which is what I did here. I always wait for the first to fully dry so I don't get other scents on the rollerball, though. Once in a blue moon I'll slather one forearm with one thing and the other with another and then mix. But if I'm wearing two things with pheros or cops I might just have completely different application points, depending on what they are.

Thank you ?