UNE

liz

It's difficult for me to describe this fragrance without comparing it to Sugared Honeycomb. They are definitely siblings, and I can wear either and get my honey fix equally satisfied. They're similar enough that, at this point in time, anyway, I have to wear them on opposite wrists to elucidate their differences.

UNE is lighter/brighter than SH and more complex. While both have a powdery quality on my skin, the orange blossom and bee pollen in UNE lifts the scent and adds a subtle, almost floral characteristic. If UNE were a color I would describe it as golden sunlight. It brings to mind warm skin after being outside on a sunny day in early summer.

In contrast, the color of SH (not the perfume oil itself, but the color it evokes in my mind's eye) is denser, a thick, somewhat brownish orange, like raw honey that's starting to crystallize a bit. It feels a bit earthier, and makes me think of sitting under the shade of a tree on a long, lazy August afternoon.

Once during the wet stage of wearing UNE, I detected the faintest trace of the urinic (is that even a word?) aspect some people have described with honey scents. It was very subtle though; I had to root around to find it, and even when I did I could only detect it for about 10 minutes. I also experienced the "sugared pussy effect" once when wearing SH, but again it was subtle, like an undertone. There's a sensuality to them, but not in your face; more like, "I just smell this good naturally". I can and do wear both anytime and anywhere, including at work. UNE and SH are beautiful, womanly fragrances and will likely be staples for me. I'm glad I went FB on both.

I'm SOOOOO happy this is part of the permanent collection - I would be so sad if it were to disappear! :Emoticons04284:

I really must remember to get a sample of the Pherogirl, just to see if I can detect the difference the cops make. This is so sticky and delicious. Imo, the orange blossom brightens it and changes it considerably from Sugared Honeycomb, which I rarely wear anymore because when I reach for it I tend to veer in UNE's direction instead :D

I agree that it's a staple!

I still have wildly differing reactions to this. People don't hate it or anything like that, but the people who love it - LOVE IT - and almost fall over themselves to tell me so. It always makes me feel good when I find someone else who appreciates it as much as I do ^_^:heart:

I really must remember to get a sample of the Pherogirl,

It was because of Pherogirl I tried UNE, but I never got around to actually making the comparison myself.

Okay, as they dry down on different places on my arm... They are very similar, of course, but I would say that Pherogirl is a tad brighter than UNE. That "lift" I was describing before is even more pronounced in Pherogirl and shifts the almost floral aspect of UNE to more fruity floral. Kind of like peach blossom meets orange blossom. I'm honestly not sure which I like more. UNE is just a little softer and smoother, but I'm really digging the brightness of the Pherogirl. Dang it!! I was hoping I could make due with the UNE, but it looks like Pherogirl's going on the to-buy list too. So much for saving money.

This is so sticky and delicious. Imo, the orange blossom brightens it and changes it considerably from Sugared Honeycomb, which I rarely wear anymore because when I reach for it I tend to veer in UNE's direction instead :D

:D on the veering thing. I do the same thing, not only with these two, but in general. I think it's going to be an "X" day, and then my hand reaches out and grabs "Y" instead. It seems to go through cycles; one week I'm all about UNE and on another it's SH all the way.

I would say that Pherogirl is a tad brighter than UNE. That "lift" I was describing before is even more pronounced in Pherogirl and shifts the almost floral aspect of UNE to more fruity floral. Kind of like peach blossom meets orange blossom. I'm honestly not sure which I like more. UNE is just a little softer and smoother, but I'm really digging the brightness of the Pherogirl.

Thanks for the comparison! That's just what I suspected! Drat! As in I REALLY must get this. Sometimes cops make things seem a bit more fruity but I was really hoping they would just be scent twins.

:D on the veering thing. I do the same thing, not only with these two, but in general. I think it's going to be an "X" day, and then my hand reaches out and grabs "Y" instead. It seems to go through cycles; one week I'm all about UNE and on another it's SH all the way.

Haha! This is probably you, me and every other LPer here :D:heart: You're in good company ^_~

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a very textural quality to this. Chewy. Like taking a honeycomb and breaking it apart. Honeys are usually very prominent on me but here - very well behaved.

Objectively, this is very pleasing, light, and powdery w/ a fresh and clean character. Not dirty or smutty at all considering the honey.

Subjectively, amber and I have a tricky relationship. The scent goes primarily resinous on my skin with very subtle hints of honey and unfortch because of it - I can't wear it. Sadly, une fail for me (badum chh). That amber is loud and proud. Look forward to seeing how this one evolves. :)

• 3 months later...

I always go back to this. After I have played with all the other scents and combos and pheros...I come back to UNE. It's my holy grail. When I wear it, I smell deep, sexy honeycomb. . .not candy sweet but like you'd find in at a beekeepers. The amber is there, but its such a soft end note. I don't get much else because its absolutely perfect exactly the way it is. And when I wear it, I just feel exactly the me I was supposed to be. That's the best thing about this one for me.

I just ordered a bottle, on a bit of a whim, but I'm in love with Pherogirl just wanted the scent minus phero to wear to work. Can't wait for this one to arrive!

And...I have to say how much I appreciate the forum and everyone's reviews, knowledge and insight to the LP products! It's so helpful when I'm on a mission to find information on a scent or pheromone. Thank you all :)

• 2 years later...

Oh Good!  The forum upgrade has apparently made changes  to search-ability issues and actually let me search for something with only three letters, - and UNE popped right up!  (I did use the extra search function options too, don't know if that made a difference or not).

Who knew that one of my all time favorite LPMP fragrances would turn out to be a honey type one! Me - with all of my difficulties wearing some honeys! 

I'm just so excited to have found a permanent offering that comes sans pheros or copulins, as every other scent I've become completely smitten with  (which does not have pheros or copulins included in the mix)  have been limited editions.  

This is just magnificent!  When applied wet, Phero Girl smells a bit different, but, after ten minutes or so, the two fragrances are pretty much the same on my skin.  

I don't often wear pheromones, so I prefer to use them in the UN versions.  I wear copulins every day, but want to have something I can spray and get on clothing or hair too.   This lasts and lasts!  I converted one bottle into a spray, and am loving it that way too.

I can't foresee voluntarily ever being without this.  EVER.  like never ever.  

P.S.I don't know why there is a letter strikethrough for the first "O" of my post.  I gave up trying to get  rid of it.

• 3 months later...

fresh out of the bottle, this is very amber-forward on me, then it becomes more honey, orange blossom and honey comb. I'm getting the sugar, too, now but if I'm honest, idk what bee pollen smells like, so I could be smelling that, as well? Either way, I'm in love with this. 

• 2 months later...

This is ok for me. It reminds of I believe vampire bait, but not as clean? 

I enjoy this one over Vampire Bate. VB goes wonky on me after dry down, but this one seems to improve with drydown.

I won’t FB because it goes very soft on me.  

• 2 weeks later...

This is not exactly a personal review but I thought it was some hilarious info.

Backstory:  my sister lived locally to the storefront but recently moved up north. She loves honey scents.  She’s also married to a fishing fanatic.  I’m new to LPMP but I keep smelling certain honey scents/reading descriptions thinking of how much she would love some of these.  This morning I texted her to ask if she ever got any perfumes here.

Sis:  Yes I did and one of them helps me catch fish, I swear to god this is true...it’s called Une.

Me: Lolol!!  Perfect story!

Sis:  They are nice strong perfumes, the two or three I bought.  I caught two huge steelhead one day wearing Une...go fishing and see what I mean.  Fish love Une.

——

So, new use for Une, lolol.  She loves the scents she got at LPMP,  but they’re a little pricey for her.  Nice to already figure out what to send her for Christmas!!

• 1 month later...

Layering UNE with NoCo White continues to be my standard go to everyday scent.  During my trip I brought them (and their OCCO and Pherogirl counterparts) and a bottle of virgin Wild Cherry.  I wore them either alone, or together, some days swiping the WC on areas I didn't have UNE on.  All of these never fail me.

Another thing about Mara's fragrances, is it is almost like I take her along with me!  It is a unique quality that she instills into her fragrances, that ability to make them so personal to where even though most of the ones I mentioned are part of the permanent lineup (although Wild Cherry was a Limited Edition and sold out)  I still feel like they were created just for me.  There will never be another company like LPMP.  We are all so fortunate to have landed here! 

• 1 year later...

I've been wanting to try this for so long! I got pherogirl first and I love that one, but I overdid it once and had some aggressive responses. UNE is so beautiful! I love scents that smell like beeswax and honey because they remind me of making beeswax candles as a kid. I can smell each individual note in this, the orange blossom, the amber, the honey and bee pollen. So gorgeous!

• 2 months later...

This is STILL so comforting and delicious.

Others either love or hate it, lol.

I think the beeswax and honey throw them off and there are a lot of associations with baby powder.

If you love powdery fragrances then this honey, sweet floral delight will enrapture you.

If talc and baby powder makes you think of diapers, then maybe not so much?

Not so for me though! For me this is still all dripping sweet, powdery floral goodness, a decadently syrupy, ever so slightly sticky honeyed, sexy deliciousness...❤️

• 1 year later...

I never thought I would be into a honey scent, but after trying Honeyed LP with Gotcha and Vampire Bait, I found myself looking for more honey scents to explore. Une was recommended by @Eve , and I love it! It’s a sexy, intoxicating and very beautiful honey and honeycomb scent like nothing I’ve smelled before. It layers well with florals for variety, bet it would go well with fruity scents too (to seem less sexy and more suitable for going out and about during the day).

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 3:57 AM, Eve said:

@CosmoTea, honey is a tricky note for me.  I can’t even go by descriptions that say “dirty” or “clean”.  I have to try them out.  Some work, some just don’t.🙁

Yes, I can’t go by descriptions either, so I think I’ve now tried most, if not all, honey scents in trials to find what works for me.