OCCO: Midnight Lavender

il_fullxfull.1554318388_6hjv.jpg?version

Our lavender lovers are sure to satisfy their purple passion with this assortment of sensual lavender and dark amber attars and EOs with a sexy slither of Indian Musk in the base.

“I enjoy the dark side of life, that is true. Blood-red garnets and onyx, silk, satin, leather and lace, thigh-high boots and tasseled parasols. Too much for your ordinary tastes? Oh, but you haven’t lived until you’ve viewed me in my dark purple velvet finery, commanding the room with an exquisitely decadent persona. I’m positively bewitching, my dear, perhaps you’d like to drop by for a bite. It’s always a screamingly good time...so make up your mind, there are some who are positively dying to visit my wicked boudoir.”

Mmmmmm! This is another must-have for me.. the lavender is perfect, it kind of reminds me of @halo0073's Lavender Musk at first. But after a few hours, it's mostly the dark Amber and Indian Musk. So sexy! 

I love it, because it will complement so many of my bedtime scents ? 

Hot Take: this is scented Balm Bomb's Gothic first cousin.  Serious-Ass Lavender in the power suit and heels with exquisite handmade lingerie underneath.  I don't normally go for a darker deeper type of lavender myself, but much like with Black Star Lavender this is just so fabulous - the amber smooths everything out and the musk gives it a little "kitten with a whip" kinda vibe.  And I keep repeating myself I know but those cops are legit invisible!

2 hours ago, luna65 said:

Hot Take: this is scented Balm Bomb's Gothic first cousin.  Serious-Ass Lavender in the power suit and heels with exquisite handmade lingerie underneath.  I don't normally go for a darker deeper type of lavender myself, but much like with Black Star Lavender this is just so fabulous - the amber smooths everything out and the musk gives it a little "kitten with a whip" kinda vibe.  And I keep repeating myself I know but those cops are legit invisible!

Yea! I've also been waiting for this review. Since I went a little crazy in the sale AND I just got my first two PE's, (and got them boosted), this was the ONLY one of these OCCO's that I ordered. I'm really looking forward to it. 

@luna65 do you think this will be good with Liebchen? Like turn it to a down and dirty Liebchen? Or would you wear it alone? Just curious....

I actually don't know that I would layer them together just because they've each got such a distinct character.  I would be more apt to layer this with something like Sugared Lavender or Lavender Fairy Cake.

4 hours ago, luna65 said:

I actually don't know that I would layer them together just because they've each got such a distinct character.  I would be more apt to layer this with something like Sugared Lavender or Lavender Fairy Cake.

Oh, good, I just looked to see which of those I have, turns out I have both!

The lavender pricks me in the nose at first before softening. I'm not sure if the amber attars and Indian musk left behind are "me," although they're certainly sexy. I'll put this aside for a while and try again later.

I love this.  I have been wearing it since this morning and 12 hours later, I can still smell it if I huff. :)  It isn't super prominent, but the scent is still on my skin.  I definitely could see layering it with Sugared Lavender, which I use to mix with some of my UNs for sprays.  I will definitely be ordering another bottle of this.  I will be super sad when it is gone, though.  :(  Going to have to use it sparingly.

On 7/26/2018 at 5:33 PM, Tinkerbelle said:

I love this.  I have been wearing it since this morning and 12 hours later, I can still smell it if I huff. :)  It isn't super prominent, but the scent is still on my skin.  I definitely could see layering it with Sugared Lavender, which I use to mix with some of my UNs for sprays.  I will definitely be ordering another bottle of this.  I will be super sad when it is gone, though.  :(  Going to have to use it sparingly.

Ditto!

Love the new occo set, but this was my favorite. Don’t really know what to wear with it yet because it’s so awesome alone. 

I like this a lot more than I expected to!  The long dry down is a classic sort of oriental fragrance on me, in the same vein as commercial scents such as Obsession or Opium.    And, it covers the copulins completely.  I I don't love it as much as the Sandal Musk, but it is very very pretty.

So I ordered two more bottles with my final sale order....and hope I can snag another before it disappears for good.  I could wear this EVERY DAY.  Besides Ambrosia, it is my favorite OCCO ever...and if I knew I could have it in unlimited supply, my heart might give itself over to it as number one!  It is just the perfect "me" scent.  The cops are just icing on the cake.  I might cry for real when I run out.  I use Balm Bomb when I really need to sleep and am having a hard time, but I also found this to be VERY calming for me before bedtime.  And I had VERY good dreams while wearing it. ;)  

I smell a lot of amber and musk in this one, took awhile for it to become floral on me, I do like the recommendations of mixing with other lavender scents, but I don't have any from LPMP, I don't think it'd smell bad with my fairy cake: violet. It is definitely deep, dark lavender, it's growing on me the more I sniff my wrists. I'll definitely be back later with more, I'd love to do some field testing with this one. 

VERY NICE!  I am not a lavender person except at night, to sleep.  I bought this, however, because I thought it might be similar to my beloved Jo Malone Black Amber Lavender perfume.  It’s not very close—the black amber and musk are far more prominent in the commercial scent.  This has a really crisp lavender—not medicinal or sharp, but crisp.  But the staying power is incredible.  Nothing ever lasts on me longer than a couple of hours and this is going strong 5 hours later.  In the dry down, you get more of the amber and musk.  Or, because I have my new Ambre Amour about 3 inches higher, they’ve blended to a perfect marriage of soft and herbal and floral.  I’m loving it.  Not to sleep but to kick ass.  It definitely gives me a selfie of clean, crisp, confident, don’t f**k with me unless you are buying me an ice cold vodka martini (and I don’t even drink).  I have to get a pair of work stilettos to wear with this.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the lavender is verrrrrrrry deep wet like omg it's almost. And when it dries up on my skin it tones down a little bit to a soft powder lavender... I'll have to try it again. I put it in my "Meh I don't know" Pile. Probably a mixture of letting it settle down a week from it's traveling, and also I smelled like 12 other scents and I should appreciate it without the others influencing it... If you know what I mean. 

• 4 weeks later...

My man wasn't crazy about this the last time I put it on, tonight I added a little bit of Elementals: Air to lighten it up. Worked like a charm!

• 1 month later...

I wore this with a ton of scented Balm Bomb today, I think it's lingering much longer than the BB. It's an extremely intriguing scent, I keep sniffing my wrist. I feel like it's reminding me of something, but perhaps just itself from the last time I was huffing away on it....