OCCO: Sandal Musk

il_fullxfull.1601779113_o0f5.jpg

That silky-smooth classic combination of vanilla and sandalwood meets the seduction of a variety of Indian and Egyptian pale sweet musks.

“I love to be mysterious and unpredictable, you just never know what I might do. One day it’s motorcycle racing across the desert, then a night at the opera in a full-length evening gown. It’s all about living life to the fullest, and that includes adventures of the erotic kind! My imagination knows no bounds, and I’ve got a long list of positions for us to try. Don’t be afraid, I promise I won’t hurt you...too much…”

On first sniff, this is my favorite of the bunch! I could wear this every day, lol. There is a certain musk that reminds me of scents my sister wore in the late 70s/early 80s, and this is reminiscent of that, to me. I wore it with EBIL-ish the other day, and it was perfect! I think it could be worn with a LOT of different scents. It's not a skin scent exactly, but it's what I would wish my skin naturally smelled like. I got whiffs of it all day, it lasted at least 16+ hours.

So far, as I make my way through the sampler, this is my top favorite!  ( I don't see that changing, either)  I'd love to think this could become a permanent OCCO option, as I've not found anything  even similar to it!  I was hesitant to order a full sized bottle to start, because I  was not all that sure.  Sometimes I love sandalwood and vanilla, and, some times I don't. Adding to my hesitation, I've previously tried  Sensual Harmony, which shares some of the same notes and it just did not agree with me at all, which is a real shame, because I do like LFM. 

Even though it wears a bit close to the skin,  this lasts a looong time - as in I could still smell it a little after showering.  Absolutely worth checking out!!!!  I wish I'd gone full bottle with this one, and plan to rectify that immediately! 

How did she manage to cover the cops so well in this type of scent??? I agree, I love this one. I wish I had tried it before I placed my order.

3 hours ago, Bella15 said:

I wish it could be permanent, too!! I want to wear it every day, lol

2 hours ago, Beccah said:

How did she manage to cover the cops so well in this type of scent??? I agree, I love this one. I wish I had tried it before I placed my order.

It is amazing!  I do smell cops - as in a whiff, when I first apply, then poof!  cops all gone.  

DAT EGYPTIAN MUSK THO

Mara is a genius with musk, I will assert this to the grave.  From the amazing woman who brought us scented Cougar Potion and scented T.M.I./Caramel Musk comes another modern classic use of the vanilla-sandalwood combo with musk and it's SO FREAKING GOOD.  I want to aspire to be the woman who always smells like this!

I have this on tonight, and I'm loving it!  It hides the cops so well, and it's such a beautiful light musky skin scent on me. I don't usually wear anything with OCCO strength cops out of the house, but this may be the exception (along with BBM once in a blue moon).  Love! ❤

Just now, Eastwood22 said:

Now that my sale order is finally paid, I can think about other things. :perfume-emoticon:

I meant, like, the OCCO's I didn't order...

I echo everyone who says this would be a fab addition to the permanent OCCO collection, if others were to be added. It’s a classic “anytime, anywhere”-type OCCO. To me it’s like a sexier cousin of Caramel Mask in terms of the “this is just my warm, slightly sweet skin” feeling.

I have a couple on order   Can not wait!  I have the trial size, but don't want to risk using it up in case some apocalyptic mailing event happens before I can receive them! 

In reference to how it smells compared to Caramel Musk, I no longer own the CM, but I remember I tried it, and it read as more masculine on me than I cared for, which is kind of weird in that I'd say I tend to like unisex fragrances.  As I no longer have it, I can't retry the CM to identify what the difference is for me, but it may have been how some caramels react with my skin chemistry.

This is my favorite of the OCCO Collection as well. I’d also love to see it become Permanent.  Literally some of my favorite notes. The vanilla is rich but still sheer enough to not be overwhelming or bakery. The Musk...omg there are no words. Sensual, smooth, skin like, gorgeous, Okay there are a few words. Sandalwood can go one of two ways for me, good or pointy and headache inducing. This is the good kind. I think this would be a lovely addition to the permanent Line because as much as I like TMI, I like this better. The cops just make it a little more femme. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know, yet, which of the OCCO's is my favorite, but it's very huffworthy. Sometimes musks feel like an impending headache, but this one is just perfect. It's a creamy dreamy combo. I would also love to see this become Permanent, but I feel the same way about the Pineapple, too! And the Coco Cocoa...

I can still smell this on me this morning, and my man and I both agree, it smells even better the morning after. I would recommend this to anyone for a "first sleepover" scenario. @Beaux something that lingers like this, that's laden with cops, might be a nice night to day transition. 

• 3 weeks later...

It must be the musks I smell when it's wet. It dries down to a nice vanilla / sandalwood on me, but it takes a while. Not bad, just very sweet (almost sickly sweet on me, wet). I love sweet, but I like how it smells much more after drying down. 

As quick as this is the only one that's sold out from the New OCCO LE... I'm going to need more reviews! Who is using all of these precious bottles!? ? If anything hopefully I can find this in the trading section ya know If things don't work out. ?

The thing is, our online community only represents a fraction of Mara's overall customer base, especially now that she has the brick-and-mortar store as well as the online store.

32 minutes ago, luna65 said:

The thing is, our online community only represents a fraction of Mara's overall customer base, especially now that she has the brick-and-mortar store as well as the online store.

I figured something like that would be the case. 

On 8/25/2018 at 12:43 PM, SugarKitten said:

It must be the musks I smell when it's wet. It dries down to a nice vanilla / sandalwood on me, but it takes a while. Not bad, just very sweet (almost sickly sweet on me, wet). I love sweet, but I like how it smells much more after drying down. 

Ditto.  The first hour was rough.  It smelled overly sweet and artificial.  But an hour later it smoothed out. This will be great for layering as it should cut the beginning into a more manageable period.  As such, I’m keeping the bottle.  I’m sorry it is sold out, but awfully glad this isn’t holy grail I feared it to be.  As the ultimate sandalwood ho, I envisioned squirreling away dozens of bottles.  I fretted over what I would have to give up—Starbucks, illicit trips to TJ Maxx, maybe even a ban on Ulta for a few months.  Thankfully, I can manage my hoarder issues with this one.  But the pineapple one?  I’m sunk.

@johnsonlisa90012 your last post spoke to my soul ... and i am not even an hoarder... :20628860864593fef0b8f29:

every scent we have ever been blessed to receive from Mara we have used to the last drop and yet, i can totally identify with what you have shared here ~ all of her creations are in an aura all their own so imbued with that undeniable 'something' special only Mara can do and our very own Wizard in nature scents that make me feel i am out in mother nature on the best of her days... and i think the different ones are amazing on our different chemistry or handling our different needs, wants, desires... processes and healings... i think why we are drawn to a certain one or another is a deeply personal moment ~

and definitely we have found it worth some reorganisation of priorities in order to have these love-inspired magicks be a permanent part of our lives... in mass quantities!!!!   :Emoticons0086:

*obscene noises*

8 for 8 on loving these OCCOs but this one...  I don’t like Indian or Egyptian musks but this is indescribably good.  It’s sweeter than I expected, and the vanilla isn’t that obvious on me yet though it’s sill drying down.  The cops smell didn’t fade in zero seconds on me the way it usually does- took a couple of minutes *gasp*. Of course it reminds of sensual harmony but perhaps a bit more unisex on me.  This seems to just beg to be layered with other things - first to mind for me was sugared black pepper but as I think about it I can’t think of anything it wouldn’t go well with. 

I got two bottles of this even though it wasn't my fave because I do love Sandalwood.  I am glad you brought up the Sensual Harmony because I wore them together last night and it was AWESOME!  The cops do stand out for awhile on this, but once they 're gone, they're gone completely.  I wonder if that is why it wasn't my fave at first.  Because I don't smell the cops at all in some of the other OCCOs.  

Out of the other 7 in the trial set... This one was a "meh" to my nose... It was faint in smell already when it was wet, but then when it dried on my skin... I think this was the first time I could smell cops in a fragrance, because it low key turned a little funky in a sense. I waited a few more minuets to let it marinate, the smell didn't turn into much of anything else but a kind of little to no fragrance, but mostly hints of funk. Lol I did not expect this. This is one of the first fragrances that doesn't meld well with my skin chemistry... for possibly would have to layer. But I'll put it down and try again with another spot test in a week or two to see if it wants to work with my skin or not. I'm not even mad it flew off the shelves, I'm glad y'all who do like it are enjoying it lol! 

• 11 months later...

On me, this is a soft and slightly sweet skin scent that I would wear when I need a little "boost" for playtime, but don't want my scent to be over-powering.  I get the light sandalwood and musk, and vanilla as a backdrop.  Lovely!

• 1 year later...

This is really nice. The scent dries down after 10 minutes or so into a lovely nude skin scent, similiar to caramel musk on my skin but lighter, I have no idea how this hides the large amount of cops but it does so quite well, I’m amazed. I wish this would be permanent. 

• 1 month later...