Suki's Boy Bait

Potion Master

There are some deliciously creative scents floating around here. It makes me want to try all of them. :)

• 3 weeks later...

_Bumped _

Two more custom Sugars - soon be on their way:

ONE:ORCHID, TWO:AMBER, THREE:MUSK, Looking for a very white scent - like skin with a warm kiss of orchid floral

ONE:MANGO, TWO:MELON, THREE:SUGAR (powdered), Cucumber - a drop? For a summer coolness

The first is has an orchid overtone versus the Honeyed/Amber/Musk. Secondly - where Honey/Amber/Musk is really dirty - just a down and dirty "do it now" scent - hence the order of it spiked with SS4W - I am picturing warm skin, white amber, white musk - for a sort of innocent - could be blended with Cuddle Bunny kind of feel.

The other one - well - it's all about summer. I'm in the very deep South - so it's not far off. Sorry for you snow birds who are still having your driveways plowed out or worse - taking the 2-stage out and blowing it yourself. But I'm already wearing short sleeve shirts and capris - so I want something I can sit on the patio and sip Margaritas (real lime, no sweet and sour, on the rocks, with salt.) while I'm wearing it and eating yummy Shrimp Tamales too.

MMMMMMmmmmm.

Planted the Cold winter annuals last weekend. Time to fertilize the lawn, treat the fire ants, and weed. Yee Ha! Let Spring Begin.

FYI- Fire Ants came from the Devil. Which is where I plan on sending the new mounds in my back yard. Back to the Devil that spawned them. The little evil red b*sterds. Let me at them with some barely legal home cooked blend of poison. If it was legal to pour gasoline on the mounds and light up - BOOM. But it's not. So I won't. But a girl can dream of the sound of tiny, red, poison filled exoskeletons bursting in a petroleum-fed heat. Before they bite her family and pets. Just sayin'. Little red f'ers.

And on that violent, chemically filled rant - Happy Friday the 13th? I think?

• 1 month later...
This may be a silly question, but is there a basic, uniform scent that makes up the "Sugared" part of the customs? Is it like Pure Sugar or something different? I am just curious if there is something we can all "imagine" as what we are adding to. Also, I notice that some of the customs have more than 3 ingredients, is this something that is worked out beforehand, or added as the scent is blended? Sorry if these are obvious things that I am missing! :onigiri_moon_sleep:

Sometimes when you request a different sugar - it ends up on the label like a 4th ingredient. Ie - I wanted the dark honey, amber and civit - to be almost gooey sweet in addition to the dirty animalics of the amber/civit. So I asked for brown sugar instead of the regular sugar blend of 5 sugars and now it shows on the label as a 4th. I would suspect because Brown Sugar smells so different than the normal blend of 5 sugars - that if they didn't say that - customers would get confused.

And sometimes - you will ask for just a drop in the notes section - of a complimentary ingredient. So - it's not really a full fragrance note - just a tiny drop of something - that gives a teeny bit of additional fullness. I did that with the mango/melon - asked for a drop of cucumber. Something to tart up the sweet.

But anything you put in the notes section is up to Mara/Dana to agree to and I assume that complexity and cost are part of their decision.

Have fun playing. Sometimes I pull into the custom sugared scent and just sit here and dream up new lovely smellies.

Liz? U do not have an unscented BI? Wow. That's a purchase you really need to make. If you think CB get's a reaction (and it does - but it's more cuddly) unscented BI (to paraphrase Dolly) is the "Ravish me" phero.

Wow! You mean to say that Cuddlebunny is tame compared to BI?? I think I am going to try Cuddlybunny and if it does not work for me I'll go with the BI....or would that be asking for too much ?

• 3 months later...

Thanks Mara , and will do :)

Thank you Fawn, im glad you like my PEs........

M & D do such a fab job with blending!

ETA: love your new avie Fawn!

Edited by Ajia

Thank you Fawn, im glad you like my PEs........

M & D do such a fab job with blending!

ETA: love your new avie Fawn!

Ajia, M & D do some FAB scents for sure... :banana002:

This might sound strange but, I feel more colorful since I started wearing LP's

My avie reflects how I now feel... :Lady_walking: (been dyin to use this, LOVE her)

• 3 weeks later...

Ajia, your Sugared Amber, Cardomon & Vanilla is da BOMB. I think I've harped on this often. :funnyanimation17:

Okay, no one else likes myrrh. I like myrrh. That's okay. I don't think I have a scent twin but when she/he/it shows up we'll be all "There you are!" :)

I spend a lot of time at work thinking of scent combos. (Whether I want to or not.) Sage & Wintergreen. Strong, sharp lavendar & green rose. French vanilla & chai. Lemon and clove. Yadda, yadda. But I fail at figuring out the third layer. Hrumph.

The lemon and clove is...okay, medival groups use a cloven lemon at parties as a flirting tool. Passing someone a clove lemon is requesting a kiss. Depending upon your feelings for the person, if you accept the lemon, you take a clove out with your teeth, nibble it and take a little suck on the lemon. Instant breath freshener for the smooch! Or you take the lemon and offer your cheek. Then you get to pass the lemon on to someone else.

But adding honey to the mix would make it a cough drop, n'est pas?

If I could bottle the smell of the pitch pine woods here after a rain...

• 6 years later...

This was my first try at a PE, and I'm still in love with it. As it's aged the sugar and honey have melded together into a crazy delicious candy-like feel, without being too foody or too ober-the-top. The cinnamon has become a strong but suble back note, almost salty, to help ground it. I love it to bits :)

• 2 months later...

I love it too Celrynna! I have about half a bottle left and I wear it when I really need a boost. I don't ever want to run out!! I'm amazed at how much punch this stuff has for such a sweet/sorta light feeling perfume. It's really got some panache, and it lasts all day. It's aged divinely too! Thanks for making this, it's one of the best PE's of all time!