Archive: Strawberry Fields

luna65

image.png.70b5694682cebfaf34740e244bf5720b.png

A magical mystery tour to those joyous summers in the halcyon fields of memory...a juicy burst of strawberries and elderberries surrounded by a landscape of fresh-cut greens and birch leaves, grounded by musk and touches of earthy patchouli and woods.

STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
ELDERBERRY ~ A lure for the Fae. Long considered a highly potent magical plant. Healing, induces visions and dreams, creativity, twigs used as a charm against illness.
BIRCH LEAVES ~ Symbolizes renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.
GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.
FRESH CUT ROSE STEMS ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
SWEET SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

Created by: John (Le Wizard)

Inspired by: "Strawberry Fields Forever" by The Beatles

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art:

Musical Perfumicals collection, August 2011

John comes from a family of music lovers and musicians, and thus a certain band became a touchstone for his family and friends and their music served as the backdrop for many special times...

One of my fondest memories of my three brothers and I has to be one summer when we were picking strawberries, trying to earn a little extra money for things like candy, trading cards, 45s, etc...we had just finished a long day of strawberry picking and somebody let loose a strawberry that caught me right in the face, I'm pretty sure it was Luke but he'll never admit it. This started the "LaBerge Brothers Strawberry Field War of 1973!" It was an all-out assault on anyone in the vicinity of our strawberry bombs. I don't think we were invited back the next day but it was worth our earnings for that day, which were probably no more than 3 or 4 dollars. I remember getting home and hearing my mom tell us to take those strawberry-stained clothes off and go in the back yard and hose each other down. She was not amused by our behavior and we were led to our rooms to await our sentencing handed down by our tyrannical father when he arrived home from work.

My brother Matt is no longer with us, but every time I hear my favorite song I return to that strawberry field in Washington where we enjoyed an afternoon of pure fun. I'll never forget those days!