Archive: Ricotta Sonata

luna65

One of the best things about the neighborhoods of New York City is the wide variety of cultures to be found...and more importantly, their cuisines. The bakeries of Little Italy alone are temptation personified! So full of delicious calorie-laden creations...who can possibly resist the lure of those amazing confections? Not me, that's for sure. So, inspired by that gift from the gods - the illustrious cannoli - I whipped up my own version of sweetened ricotta, heavy vanilla cream, and a core of apricot and pear puree, drizzled with light and sweet flower honey and laid upon a plate of teak. Though this may sound incredibly rich and dense, the fruit is indeed sweet but the creamy base is whipped to perfection!

So when you want someone to give you a nibble...or three...give them a taste of heaven, East Coast style!

RICOTTA (DAIRY PRODUCTS) ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.

PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion, longevity and luck.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

VANILLA CREME ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Mara & Julie

Label art: Mara Fox

May 2012