Sugared Amber

whiskerswhispers

Ad_Amber.jpg

Sugared Amber

Our gorgeous blend of rich sweetened Amber embodies the magical properties of Fertility, Love, Luck & Riches. May be worn alone or with our other Layerable scents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In vial: caramel and a hint of almost creamy amber!
On skin: gorgeous stuff! The sugar and the amber smell similar but have their own characters, and they naturally go together. I get the darker, stickier sugar note all over a lighter, more luminous and clear, sweet and almost perfumey, almost a little powdery (now I get the ‘powdery amber’ reactions others get-but it’s a lovely reaction on me!) and with the darker resinous side some ambers have. The scent is golden and sweet and resinous and magnificent. Very luxurious and decadent. The amber and sugar smooth out even more to make a lovely light amber fragrance, rich and glowing but soft and almost fluffy-sweet, but with a hint of resinous undertone to it. this smoothes out very nicely at drydown but the darker aspect of the amber deepens too, my nose may be crazy but I swear I catch a slight whiff of a darker base note like vetiver but that could be just my nose playing tricks. Beautiful stuff!

I'm not an expert on ambers. I only recognize black amber and that "horribly overpowering amber used in Victoria's Secret and Bath & Bodyworks scents." You know the one.

I was a little hesitant to try Sugared Amber, but when a friend gave me a free sample, I was pleansantly surprised. It's soft and a little powdery-sweet without being overpowering and in your face. Phew!

• 3 months later...

I've just received a sample of this, and I really don't have much to add to the reviews above - except to say that I agree with them wholeheartedly. This is a lovely amber, soft and rich with just enough resin at it's heart to make it sophisticated without being overpowering or cloying. This is gorgeous as a stand-alone, but I can see how it would also be scrumptious layered with other scents.

May

• 4 weeks later...

I am a self-proclaimed amber maniac. :) So, I just got my trial size Sugared Amber. I like it. It is clean and fresh and powdery. I get a background scent that almost smells like soap bubbles. I don't know why, but that is how it comes across on me.

OK, the soapy smell has now faded. The longer it sits, the more resinous it seems to get.

Edited by Dolly

As a fellow newbie I have noticed this too Dolly. More than any others I have tried, these perfumes can smell almost totally different in the bottle and/ or when you first put them on to the way they smell on dry-down.

You really need to try them on skin and let them sit a while to get an idea. That's why I didn't "get" Sugared Amber or Sugared Honeycomb straight away. I was too impatient and didn't give them a chance to bloom. :)

May

As a fellow newbie I have noticed this too Dolly. More than any others I have tried, these perfumes can smell almost totally different in the bottle and/ or when you first put them on to the way they smell on dry-down.

You really need to try them on skin and let them sit a while to get an idea. That's why I didn't "get" Sugared Amber or Sugared Honeycomb straight away. I was too impatient and didn't give them a chance to bloom. ;)

May

Well, I usually wear a new scent for a whole day for that particular reason (unless it really starts to offend me). My skin chemistry can totally change any perfume......sometimes it goes horribly awry..... :) But, with the sugared amber, it was delicious both wet and completely dry.... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I usually wear a new scent for a whole day for that particular reason (unless it really starts to offend me). My skin chemistry can totally change any perfume......sometimes it goes horribly awry..... :) But, with the sugared amber, it was delicious both wet and completely dry.... :)

OK, so I learned something new about the sugared amber after wearing it several times. When it dries down, it seems to be the same Amber used in "Song of India" amber oil (and in their solid amber perfume). When it sinks in, it has a background scent that I can only describe as "dark" or almost "dirty".....I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! I have used a LOT (and I do mean a lot) of amber perfumes, and this is the only one that I have found that emits that same background note. :)

Edited by Dolly

Glad you are loving the amber my dear!

We use *many * different ambers to make that perfect amber blend.

I have never smelled the song of india one, so it could be that they are similar.

Merry Xmas!

Well, there are very few of your potions that I have tried that I didn't like.....even the ones that weren't quite "for me", were also not repellent, either.....you ladies are very talented!!

• 8 months later...

I keep forgetting to proclaim my love for this one. :blink:

What's different about it for me is that there's a syrupy quality to it, a sweet characteristic which still allows the resinous quality to come through. Like many of the Sugared blends there's more than one impression happening simultaneously, and I love it when a scent does that. Usually amber is wholly resinous on me, which is fine because I love resins, but this is just plain delicious sexiness. The first time my OTL smelled it on me I asked him if he could guess what it was (his sense of smell is somewhat lacking, heh) and he said, "It smells like...mmmm."

...and then I was summarily thrown to the couch. :)

...and then I was summarily thrown to the couch. :blink:

Don't you LOVE it when that happens?!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In the vial - super sweet and golden smelling, on it bloomed into fruit punch, i swear to goodness i smelled like a good cup of fruit punch then it changed again back into a soft golden almost nutty aroma

Not a love smell for me but a very high like, i think it would be good for blending/layering with other scents

This is my favorite amber ever. I've got a few from patchouligarden.com that are very potent and rich and if I'm not careful can get soapy on me unless I mix them with Sugared Honeycomb which is exactly what I did.

Now this one, sugared amber, needs no mixing (though it's pretty amazing when blended with sugared honeycomb). This one never gets soapy or to resinous allowing me to fully appreciate the amber. I suspect potent scents are best sugared down on me as I adore sugared patchouli as well.

If you aren't a fan of amber unless it's been toned down a bit, I highly recommend sugared amber because the sugar tones it down just enough that it's delicious... not in a lick your arm delicious way but in an I want to just rest my nose next to this aroma and know what it is to be fully content in the here and now. That is the magic of sugared amber.

• 4 months later...

I loved this from first sniff. The sugar was the most prominent note and the amber, softly walked in it's exotic and slightly dark glory. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I detected that this combination of sugar and amber is among the combination of ingredients in Love Potion Black. I'd love to combine this with Sugared Patchouli and see what happens. My sample vial is running on fumes, so a full size bottle is next.

• 2 months later...

This scent smells like a top of the line French Perfume... It puts Ambre Sultan to shame. I really never expected this to be so BEAUTIFUL.

I could never wear Amber in a perfume before this, but OMG I wore it to the hair salon, everyone asked me what I was wearing!!!

This also layers beautifully under Sugared melons.

Im so glad I found this, along with BBM this is my favorite LP so far... cant wait to spike this with Sexology and layer with Honeyed Lam or BBM.

• 9 months later...

I could definitely see using this as a layering note, but it's a little too "flat" for me to wear on it's own. I prefer my amber to be warmer, rounder, sweeter... I will try putting Sugared Honeycomb over it to see how that works :)

• 2 months later...
Guest icing

Oh. I love this.

On me, the amber in this smells like skin musk, and seems to blend beautifully with my chemistry (sometimes skin musk can smell fantastic, but like it belongs on someone else/it doesn't feel like "me"). The sugar is very light and airy, spinning and mingling through the amber-skin musk scent.

I think it smells deeper, warmer, and more rich than LAM's Pink Amber, but I really adore both.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would love to get a couple bottles of perfumer's alcohol from LP as I am assured of the quality of the product but considering that I will not be transporting them myself (now I rely on favors to hand carry my loot from the US to here), I have to think of alternatives such as a bottle of vodka.

I have to think of alternatives such as a bottle of vodka.

VODKA??? Will it work?? isn't there a really strong distinct alcohol scent in vodka????

• 2 months later...

In the vial, this is sweet (of course!) and almost medicinal-smelling, like a tincture.

On my skin, the sugar predominates at first - then as it warms up, the amber comes to the fore; white amber at first, then gradually more and more golden. After complete drydown, there is a certain powderiness in the background that I associate with black amber.

This is a "quiet" amber that wears close to the skin. Although I usually favour darker, bolder amber blends, this will be perfect for layering with any scent that could benefit from an extra dose of smooth golden sweetness.

• 1 year later...

Just got this today and all I can say, is this is simply amazing... I love how it feels like a very sexy top end perfume that would be worn by the rich and famous...This blend has the most awesome amber and I love the sugar aspect in this, as it kicks it up a notch to just stellar....

:Emoticons04235: :Emoticons04235: :Emoticons04235:

Edited by dolphindolls2

• 4 months later...
:cat690::cat690: :cat690: :Emoticons04235: DD! You told me no lie when you said I would love this! I know that it probably isn't even as wonderful as it will be tomorrow because I've JUST pulled it from the mailbox and it probably needs overnight to settle from it's lengthy ride from west coast to east BUT OH MY GOODNESS! This may be my missing NOM NOM link! I can't wait to try this for a test run :w00t:

I will be fogging myself with Balm Bomb and slathering Sugared Amber on as well. I have been wanting to wear it but I went through the April NRs first in case I "needed" a fb, lol, and then there was scented CB and the LP RED.... But today is ALL Sugared Amber's. So excited to "see" how this scent unfolds throughout the day :)

Oh my! I'm not sure exactly what I WAS expecting when I put this on but, when I applied, my first thought was that it wasn't what I expected, lol. Maybe I was thinking it would be straight sugary? This could definitely be an everyday scent! For me the amber is so...rich(?) and heady but not loud or strong in an overpowering way. This one is going to be a go-to, I can tell already! :D I had applied (slathered) around 11:30am and, just for myself, I re-applied a little to my wrists and backs of hands around 7:45pm to get me through the rest of the evening (I don't normally see bedtime until 1-1:30am). This has such a soft powdery sugar finish, it's just dreamy! :love: Hubby was all over this one too A+++ :Emoticons0424:

• 2 weeks later...

Hehehe! I want ahead and ordered a fb of this before I had even received my trial - mainly because I was ordering for hubby and wanted to make the order NOT a piddly one so I threw in a few things for myself. By the time I got my fb I had barely skimmed the trial so I passed that on to my gf, I knew she would love it...she just told me yesterday that she will have to get a fb because it's too awesome ^-^ Ain't addiction fun?! :D

Hehehe! I want ahead and ordered a fb of this before I had even received my trial - mainly because I was ordering for hubby and wanted to make the order NOT a piddly one so I threw in a few things for myself. By the time I got my fb I had barely skimmed the trial so I passed that on to my gf, I knew she would love it...she just told me yesterday that she will have to get a fb because it's too awesome ^-^ Ain't addiction fun?! :D

Next time try it boosted with EOW, it takes it to OUT OF THIS WORLD amazing

Edited by dolphindolls2