Jump to content
Potion Master

New Releases for Autumn 2018 - 'WEENIES!

Recommended Posts

Yay! Already sent my invoice request. Some of the notes were a total surprise, like pumpkin + gunpowder... Have to try that one  :pumpkin2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay super excited! Got the sampler and two bottles of Black Velvet Pumpkin which I thought was SOLD OUT! I went through two bottles last year!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my invoice in for sampler and a couple of bottles.  I guess I am not yet in the fall spirit yet.  I also still have my White Velvet Pumpkin ready to go from last year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think Unbeleafable will be just that on my man, and Z-Day seems right up my alley. I can't wrap my brain around what Mommy's Little Monster will smell like, but I'm looking forward to finding out!

Edited by Eastwood22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just requested an invoice with a sample set (among other things.) I'm really looking forward to trying Rain Flower, Gravenstein, and Z-day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many yummy choices!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, johnsonlisa90012 said:

Got my invoice in for sampler and a couple of bottles.  I guess I am not yet in the fall spirit yet.  I also still have my White Velvet Pumpkin ready to go from last year!

I love White Velvet Pumpkin! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kayla said:

I love White Velvet Pumpkin! 

 

19 hours ago, johnsonlisa90012 said:

Got my invoice in for sampler and a couple of bottles.  I guess I am not yet in the fall spirit yet.  I also still have my White Velvet Pumpkin ready to go from last year!

 

5 minutes ago, Kayla said:

I love White Velvet Pumpkin! 

I still haven't busted into fall, except for my mid-summer week with Pumpkin Cake Batter. But it's over 70 degrees and crazy humid here in Oakland today, honestly I'm expecting an earthquake. Or rain. And I love my WVP, but I think I'm more likely to reach for Cowabunga Gazunga at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

 

 

I still haven't busted into fall, except for my mid-summer week with Pumpkin Cake Batter. But it's over 70 degrees and crazy humid here in Oakland today, honestly I'm expecting an earthquake. Or rain. And I love my WVP, but I think I'm more likely to reach for Cowabunga Gazunga at the moment.

The weather has been crazy warm out on the east coast as well. It has been 80 or above the last few days. Definitely more of a summer feel!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really interested in Elume, Mommy's Little Monster (I have not yet found a perfume I like with MLH in it, but I am hopeful for this one), and Rain Flower. And I liked the old Espiritual, so I'm sure I'll like this one, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2018 at 5:05 AM, missdarlyncherie said:

Yay super excited! Got the sampler and two bottles of Black Velvet Pumpkin which I thought was SOLD OUT! I went through two bottles last year!!!

I love that one too. And it is perfect with Leather or Cougar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhhh, I was SO excited to see the new scents drop! Immediately grabbed an FB of Ebil-ish and a full sampler set. I am thrilled to have the chance to try them all!

 

On 10/1/2018 at 11:05 PM, missdarlyncherie said:

Yay super excited! Got the sampler and two bottles of Black Velvet Pumpkin which I thought was SOLD OUT! I went through two bottles last year!!!

I loooooove Black Velvet Pumpkin! Grabbed that one and White Velvet Pumpkin during the last sale. That reminds me, I should pull them out and use them more, because it's absolutely the right time of year for them both! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is local, come on down to the First Friday Party at the shop, Oct 5th, 5-9 pm. This is our Halloween bash, costumes and all, and it's going to be insane. Free feast and libations, free perfume and soap samples. I have an AWESOME Cauldron Punch planned...I am calling it Plasma Punch. I have special cupcakes ordered from the bakery...I am doing it up. So if you;re around, come join us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Crash said:

 

 

I loooooove Black Velvet Pumpkin! Grabbed that one and White Velvet Pumpkin during the last sale. That reminds me, I should pull them out and use them more, because it's absolutely the right time of year for them both! :D

I don’t know why I assumed it was sold out but I have been hoarding the last dribbles of my last bottle. If I had known it was in the sale I would have let myself shop. I didn’t even LOOK at the sale so that I didn’t get tempted. I have over 100 LP’s and I am really trying to cut down. I haven’t ordered since last halloweenies! I hope I don’t like any of these new ones 🤦‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

edit nvm I got my prayers answered 😭😭😭😭😭

Edited by Vicki Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My order came!  ... and I'm doing all the things I'm not "supposed" to do with a new order.  It is not resting.  They are not being tried one at a time either.   

 

So far, I am getting a touch of a grape accord in the Elume, which is unexpected.  It could be travel shock, it could be me!  The smoke is subtly working its way through (can't go wrong with smoke IMO!)    I like it, will review after it has had a chance to settle into its new home.

 

Soul Food I love! (so far)  And will continue to love as long as the patchouli does not create the havoc it sometimes does with my skin chemistry.  I'm getting a good bit of yummy cinnamon.  

 

Both the Elume and Soul Food are clean smelling scents on me, without a soapy accord.  Elume is snugly  too. 

 

Ebil-ish! is slathered on both wrists.  I am having a difficult time categorizing what I'm smelling.  I like it, in fact there is nothing about it I don't like.  I need to give it time to recover from its journey before I  decide to buy every bottle I can lay my hands on, or be content with the FB I  have.  NO regrets on going full bottle, before sniffing first. 

 

Thank you @Potion Master, you continue to amaze me with your  utterly magical talent! :Mara_makin_Magick::hearts0425: :hugs-and-kisses:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Eve said:

So far, I am getting a touch of a grape accord in the Elume, which is unexpected.  It could be travel shock, it could be me! 

 

Yeah either one, I guess - because there's not anything like it in that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 11:22 PM, Potion Master said:

If anyone is local, come on down to the First Friday Party at the shop, Oct 5th, 5-9 pm. This is our Halloween bash, costumes and all, and it's going to be insane. Free feast and libations, free perfume and soap samples. I have an AWESOME Cauldron Punch planned...I am calling it Plasma Punch. I have special cupcakes ordered from the bakery...I am doing it up. So if you;re around, come join us!

 

I wanted to come! I was planning on it but my man had to go to NY for some work, and going to LPMP without him would be dumb on so many levels. One being that he's got a killer nose, two being that he's very picky, and three being that he'd be like "You spent WHAT?!" Plus I'd get overwhelmed and buy him the wrong stuff. I will make it eventually, though!

 

 

1 hour ago, Eve said:

My order came!  ... and I'm doing all the things I'm not "supposed" to do with a new order.  It is not resting.  They are not being tried one at a time either.   

I'm being good. I only have Z-Day on. I haven't even smelled anything else. Not even Mommy's Little Monster, which I'm the most curious about.

I keep saying, "Yum, I sell good, wanna smell me?" My man's not sold on it, clearly that's the travel shock influence, I think it's turned up the chestnut and turned down the blueberry. I can smell beyond the travel shock. I can smell the future. Except for the future of the allspice. It's behaving now, although it's future has not yet been determined. 

 

1 hour ago, Eve said:

Ebil-ish! is slathered on both wrists.  I am having a difficult time categorizing what I'm smelling.  I like it, in fact there is nothing about it I don't like.  I need to give it time to recover from its journey before I  decide to buy every bottle I can lay my hands on, or be content with the FB I  have.  NO regrets on going full bottle, before sniffing first. 

 

Thank you @Potion Master, you continue to amaze me with your  utterly magical talent! :Mara_makin_Magick::hearts0425: :hugs-and-kisses:

 

 

 

I'm possibly even going to wait to even sniff the Ebil-ish!

@Eve I couldn't imagine that you wouldn't love it. 

 

And yes, I echo that sentiment, huge cauldrons of gratitude, Mara!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a funny thought, as I was deciding to just sniff each one, out of the vial. "They all kind of smell the same! Like either they got jumbled together on the way, and they became one type of unified base scent with slight variations, or that Mara made one smoky and majorly resinous base for all of them. And then I realized that I had gotten Mangelwurzel (most likely) on my hands. 

 

Oops. 

 

Baby Boo is one that I suspect won't work for me because of the oatmeal, but I think it's awesome for sniffing right from the vial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I just had a funny thought, as I was deciding to just sniff each one, out of the vial. "They all kind of smell the same! Like either they got jumbled together on the way, and they became one type of unified base scent with slight variations, or that Mara made one smoky and majorly resinous base for all of them. And then I realized that I had gotten Mangelwurzel (most likely) on my hands. 

 

Oops. 

 

Baby Boo is one that I suspect won't work for me because of the oatmeal, but I think it's awesome for sniffing right from the vial.

I thought that about the oatmeal too with Baby Boo but it seems to be taking back stage so far...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, missdarlyncherie said:

I thought that about the oatmeal too with Baby Boo but it seems to be taking back stage so far...

My skin turns oatmeal into straight dust. What happens for you? I'm going to wait a week to sample this one for sure. But if it wears on me like it smells from the vial, I'm going all in, maybe phero boost worthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2018 at 10:13 PM, Eggers said:

 

I think I need this guy to come paint the Baby Boo label on a wall in my house. I just love that label! :hearts0425: Baby Boo... Baby Boo... I dunno. Squished up little ghosties? 

I so badly want Baby Boo to work for me, it's all good but oatmeal is not my friend. And everything is still shocked to be at my house, but IF I'm getting his one, I need the spray because of the label! It smells amazing in the vial, but two minutes in, I'm smelling pretzels! I know I said I was waiting a week to try this one, but that was like 9 whole hours ago.

Edited by Eastwood22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I so badly want Baby Boo to work for me, it's all good but oatmeal is not my friend. And everything is still shocked to be at my house, but IF I'm getting his one, I need the spray because of the label! It smells amazing in the vial, but two minutes in, I'm smelling pretzels! I know I said I was waiting a week to try this one, but that was like 9 whole hours ago.

So no squished ghosties? Pretzels! LOL! 

I keep thinking a spray would be nice, too, just for that beautiful label... But then again, all these labels are pretty freakin' amazing - that's a lot of sprays to acquire! :lol:  

I really and truly love collections like this, when I start wishing that I could order the full bottle set, just so I can put all the gorgeous labels on display! If I could afford to do this every time a set of labels made me want to get the whole set, just so I could display them, I'd probably need a whole room dedicated to my precious LP display. LOL! (I'm not opposed to this idea; I simply cannot afford it. :lol:  ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

My skin turns oatmeal into straight dust. What happens for you? I'm going to wait a week to sample this one for sure. But if it wears on me like it smells from the vial, I'm going all in, maybe phero boost worthy.

Ok Eastwood, I’ve got to take it back. I took Baby Boo for a full spin today and it was Oats Gone Wild.🤬 so sad because it reminded me a lot of Sveet Tooth which I loved,  but the oats crapped all over my pumpkin party 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, missdarlyncherie said:

Ok Eastwood, I’ve got to take it back. I took Baby Boo for a full spin today and it was Oats Gone Wild.🤬 so sad because it reminded me a lot of Sveet Tooth which I loved,  but the oats crapped all over my pumpkin party 😢

I was hoping it worked for you! The oats didn't go dusty on me, I smelled pretzels at first and it didn't smell anything like it did in the vial on me within an hour. So sad. I washed it off and fogged myself in White Velvet Pumpkin and called it a night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget kids, if you only want something "for the label" there are prints available from Shannon! I am going to order a trio for my brewing studio....Espiritual, Ebil-ish, and Moondust Cocoa. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

Don't forget kids, if you only want something "for the label" there are prints available from Shannon! I am going to order a trio for my brewing studio....Espiritual, Ebil-ish, and Moondust Cocoa. :)

Is there a website or are they only available through social media?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oceanjewel, you can find Shannon Stamey via Facebook and Instagram listed as October Illustrations. You will find a vast array of works available for viewing &/or purchase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wendylynne said:

oceanjewel, you can find Shannon Stamey via Facebook and Instagram listed as October Illustrations. You will find a vast array of works available for viewing &/or purchase. 

That's the problem. I'm not on Facebook or Instagram so I can view but not buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wendylynne said:

oceanjewel, you can find Shannon Stamey via Facebook and Instagram listed as October Illustrations. You will find a vast array of works available for viewing &/or purchase. 

I'm not on Facebook or Instagram. Is there a way to buy without joining?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming he has a business email that either Wendy or Mara could hook you up with, hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first brew of Ebil-ish 2018 sold out in a few days. Mara has made a second brew and says it is extremely close but as always with hand blended perfumes there could be subtle variations. I’m sure it’s amazing though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, halo0073 said:

The first brew of Ebil-ish 2018 sold out in a few days. Mara has made a second brew and says it is extremely close but as always with hand blended perfumes there could be subtle variations. I’m sure it’s amazing though. 

Mara made a second batch??! 😍😍😍 Omfg I just checked the site! I almost gave up on buying it due to my budget but now there's time and hope! And said "Maybe next year"... Thank you so much! @Potion Master

 :Mara_makin_Magick:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×