Beccah

EBIL-ish! 2018

il_fullxfull.1637242926_d0a8.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Shannon Stamey @October Illustrations.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

This is the dark side of vanilla: the deepest most dreadful collection of that perennial favorite…featuring a diabolical duo of vanilla bean extract and luscious cake-y vanilla oil with just a wee dram of scotch whisky accord, EBIL-ly seasoned with gingerbread spices and clove bud EO then buried in the depths of mysteriously exotic Egyptian black musk. It just might make you feel a little EBIL!...ish. 

Ah...this Egyptian musk is SO GOOD!  I always say that, I know, but I just cannot stress enough the utter gorgeousness of this note when Mara uses it in a blend.  So smooth and warm and deep and utterly harmonious.  It then bundles everything else up in its' musky arms and I really like this version as compared to previous versions* in that it strikes me as a better blending, I guess.  In previous versions, before it aged, I think I was mostly getting clove with some vanilla, whereas with this one it really is a beautiful spicy dark vanilla musk.  Perfection!  I now understand the obsession with EBIL-ish! which others have had over the years.

* Even though I see that I was in favor of the previous release too, but never sprung for a bottle.

This starts out smelling surprisingly reminiscent of vintage Tabu. Not the same as, but in the same vein. 

Sadly, each time I try this, it ends up with a soapy vibe after I’ve had it in for a while maybe it’s one of the musks used? I dunno, but I’m so disappointed. 

It has great staying power. Anyone who likes spicy vanilla musk type fragrances should definitely consider it. It is gorgeous,  and I regret it is not going to work for me 😕

Edited by Eve
Stupid autocorrect

I slathered mine on at work as soon as it arrived and I got non-stop compliments on it.

I don't get much vanilla, I get a lot of the fermented alcohol and it reminds me of "MIssissippi Moon" and it's swamp water note, which is a GOOD thing. :)

I'm putting it away for a bit to let it settle after traveling and I hope the vanilla comes out to play then!

On 10/14/2018 at 9:40 AM, Eve said:

This starts out smelling surprisingly reminiscent of vintage Tabu. Not the same as, but in the same vein. 

Sadly, each time I try this, it ends up with a soapy vibe after I’ve had it in for a while maybe it’s one of the musks used? I dunno, but I’m so disappointed. 

It has great staying power. Anyone who likes spicy vanilla musk type fragrances should definitely consider it. It is gorgeous,  and I regret it is not going to work for me 😕

Egyptian Musk can definitely go soapy.

Remember ladies, that the second brew of Ebil-ish 2018 is now available!