Sign in to follow this  
Beccah

Soul Food 2018

il_fullxfull.1637234306_2llg.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Shannon Stamey @October Illustrations.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
SANDALWOOD ~ Healing, spirituality, exorcism. Love, exotic, sensual, atmospheric; aphrodisiac.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.
CINNAMON ~ Psychic powers, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, spiritual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, Consecration, Protection, Exorcism. 

One of our best-selling resin-based blends, Soul Food is imbued with the aura of sacred observances and of spiritual enlightenment and serenity. This fragrance smells familiar to you, you recognize it, perhaps from an earlier incarnation, it is a scent which is imprinted upon our very souls...all of the ingredients were utilized in the venerable traditions of mummification, and as tributes to the gods and for remembrance of the dead. A fragrance with the aura of an ancient temple: featuring a heart of sandalwood and benzoin, further resinous resonances of patchouli, frankincense and myrrh, and sprinkles of earthy cassia EO and cinnamon.

I wasn't always a fan of resin-y blends. My nose has evolved over the years, and I can truly appreciate this now. This is a comforting scent. It envelops me, and calms me. Definitely one I want in my arsenal! The benzoin stands out on my skin, with whispers of the cinnamon and myrrh. 

Edited by Bella15

I can't compare this to the previous version (because my trial vial is lost in my room somewhere) but I would say this version is a very interesting take on vanilla-sandalwood.  It's not literally that, of course, but that's what it makes me think of.  It does have the soulful vibe, but also a really intensely ornate feeling to it, like this is the kind of incense they would burn in secret temples which are only for royalty or those possessing the more arcane of knowledge and mysteries.  This is deep, y'all!