Mommy's Little Monster w/ MLH

il_fullxfull.1637307376_1gps.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Shannon Stamey @October Illustrations.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion, longevity and luck.
HAY ~ Friendliness, fruitfulness.
DAISY ~ Gentleness, innocence, loyalty and romance. Love, reunion, luck.
HEATHER ~ Admiration and beauty; protection, especially over women and virtue. Peace, beginnings, elemental magic, wishes granted.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

At this time of year things can get quite chaotic for all hard-working Mummies and we know they could use some assistance in taming their dear darling monsters! This is a seasonal perfume spray featuring an Autumnal blend of warm hay and tangy crisp pear - bestowing protection and good fortune - with a sturdy foundation of bamboo and teak and a pretty crown of daisy and heather. We’re riding to the rescue with a dose of our exclusive MOTHER’S LITTLE HELPER pheromone formula, a blend for women to help create a household of peace and calm, pleasant interactions, warmth, coziness, friendliness and helpfulness...while secretly exerting a little authority too.

Who crooked the tail of the witch’s cat?

Who stepped on Mr. Hyde’s hat?

Who shaved the Werewolf bare

who stole the head of Pumpkin Jack?

It was Mommy’s Little Monster!

Such a unruly little beast

tricks and pranks and mischief not the least

of their notorious reputation.

But Dear Mummy always has a smile

for her darling little beguiler.

So when the stories are told and the milk is drunk

and you are snuggled down for Dreamland bound

don’t forget to check under your bed

and lock your closet tight

for you can be sure if you’re feeling full of dread

the culprit is Mommy’s Little Monster!

• luna65 unlocked this topic

This starts out somewhat sweet on me with the hay but eventually evolves into a definite fall fruit vibe with the pear.  I like that, a drier more tangy kind of pear evocation.  I don't really get the other notes at all except to frame those two impressions, I think.  It's not exactly the kind of thing I would wear (although I do like more tangy pear scents like Unwrapped and Maxine d'Arc's Tarty Spiced Pear) but I think it's a really inspired seasonal blending.  If you enjoyed Gilded Season, for example, then I think you might like this one too.

I love pear, but I haven't really found a pear I like to wear as a perfume. I always think I want a thick syrupy pear, but this one works way better on my skin. The hay and teak really ground it and give a great base. The pear is so pretty! It's perfect for this sunny fall day. 

I'll be needing a perfume with MLH in it soon and this one seems perfect!

• 3 weeks later...

I wore this tonight for teaching two classes back to back. I know that this is not a "me" scent, meaning it doesn't resemble some delicious dessert, but I keep reaching for it. I don't really know these notes, but I think it's mainly pear, hay and teakwood on me. Like enough hay that it makes me think I'm going to sneeze! There seems to be a lot of extra heavy shit happening all at once. I try to be a good listener and a calm presence for my students, sometimes they confide in me, sometimes they vent and cry. I think the vibe of Mommy's Little Monster helped me show up how I was needed tonight. It was a night of grown-ups needing a calm captain steering the ship, smelling like creme brûlée would NOT have been helpful. I've only worn MLH scents around my kids, but it seems it helps calm adults who just need someone else to take the reins once in a while.

• 2 months later...

I’ve been wanting to try MLH. I was super stoked to get to try this one today! 

I looooove how it seemed to just melt into my skin become a part of me. Wonderful feeling. Loved the scent, then went wonky. 

Myself effects: Sort of confusing at first, but out and about I felt like an adorable sthupersthweet sthwedtiecutie squishypuffypie of sweetness...paired with the ability to get things done gently- not like Dom-Get outta mah way important things ARE going to get done. Ha love Dom ❤️

Lil girl voice kept trying to come out big time. I was fighting it off all day. 

I like my heart boom box real voice thankyouverymuch.

Now I am even more curious to try Swimming with Sharks.

Great hits! People that dont seem to usually talk to me, talked to me, and like it was the most normal thing in the world.

Also, they weren’t just interacting they were very *nice* in an authentic way, about it. Not needed, but very cool. It’s so nice to feel like other people are comfortable around me! 

It’s crazy racking up my new life experiences getting to connect with these other kinds of people that perhaps would not have even noticed, or just stayed very far away from me before. 

Please say Hi no need to be afraid? Avoid? Sorry if you ever see me, and I’m grumpy! Ha, Hugs :D

Edited by amoradrianam
Info

Another LPMP scent that is a favorite. How can one person enjoy so many scents and say each one is a favorite? 

Mommy's Little Monster is just another perfect blend of flowers and fruit, it is sweet but not too sweet,and it is light but does not fade to nothing.  Honestly I couldn't say oh that is pear or I can smell daisy just a clean, sweet and pleasant scent.

I am closely reminded of Petals of Silk, which I believe had the same delightful blend of fruit and flowers. 

• 1 year later...

This doesn’t last long on me, scent wise, but the MLH effects really seem to work on my kids. Mara’s generosity was just mentioned in the sales thread, and she had added some sniffles to a box that came to me recently, one little Fairy Cake that had been forgotten in my sales order. It could’ve just waited until my next inevitable order, but she sent it right out and three in some freebees. She really goes above and beyond!

My kids are enamored with screens and games, and decidedly NOT each-other. Now that she’s 11 and he’s 14, it’s different than when they were younger, they used to have moments of playing together, and sometimes it would last for many hours. Not so much anymore, and SIP and distance learning add to the tension. I put this on to convince my daughter to participate in doing her laundry, and the kids have ended up baking together. They’re on their second fancy cake right now. Thanks @Potion Master! I wouldn’t have reached for it if it wasn’t right there on my coffee table, and now I will have cake for days 🍰!

• 1 year later...

On my skin this is pear and hay. I haven't really tried MLH before, although I think I have a sample of Totem: Kangaroo (I think it's Kangaroo). But, OMG, I need it! I have teenagers that are willing to fight with me on any subject. But this made them normal again LOL. This and Peaceful home. I think I should buy at least one bottle of this ❤

• 2 months later...

I only got a small free trial with my order and made me love the scent and phero so much I got 2 bottles and 5 samples of it 😍 Never really gave MLH a good try until then, I underrated it. It's a really good phero. 

I have PMS so I see that selfies are a bit different this time, but my dog is super cuddle and she is not a cuddler.

• 6 months later...

While it worked pretty well at taming my LO somewhat, it seemed to cause irritability in my partner. I have quite an alpha personality as it is and he can be alpha too, so all the Andros in this blend were perhaps too much for us. 
I did like the scent a lot. The mix of pear and bamboo was refreshing without being too green.

Edited by CosmoTea

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 3:36 AM, CosmoTea said:

While it worked pretty well at taming my LO somewhat, it seemed to cause irritability in my partner.

My man also gets cranky if I have MLH on, his mom is a cleaning freak and it would cause him to immediately start cleaning, with a bad attitude! This may sound good, a man cleaning, but he’s always cleaning, so no need for the irritability. Your post is a good reminder for me. I do tend to just “fix it and forget it” as far as pheros go, I’ve perhaps made him crankily clean without realizing it a few times lately!

• 2 months later...

That's interesting about your guys' partners. My man starts calling me mom (not in a weird way, more playful) and acting like a sheepish little boy when I wear MLH and he is normally very alpha. I find it so funny when he calls me mom because it's so spot on for the phero I'm wearing. 

Oops I forgot to review in my post and it won't let me edit because of the sale. 

I love this scent so much. It's just so down to earth. The pear and hay go so well together and it's a very refreshing scent. It makes me think about me as a kid sipping hot cider on a hay ride in the fall.