Sign in to follow this  
Beccah

Mommy's Little Monster w/ MLH

il_fullxfull.1637307376_1gps.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Shannon Stamey @October Illustrations.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion, longevity and luck.
HAY ~ Friendliness, fruitfulness.
DAISY ~ Gentleness, innocence, loyalty and romance. Love, reunion, luck.
HEATHER ~ Admiration and beauty; protection, especially over women and virtue. Peace, beginnings, elemental magic, wishes granted.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

At this time of year things can get quite chaotic for all hard-working Mummies and we know they could use some assistance in taming their dear darling monsters! This is a seasonal perfume spray featuring an Autumnal blend of warm hay and tangy crisp pear - bestowing protection and good fortune - with a sturdy foundation of bamboo and teak and a pretty crown of daisy and heather. We’re riding to the rescue with a dose of our exclusive MOTHER’S LITTLE HELPER pheromone formula, a blend for women to help create a household of peace and calm, pleasant interactions, warmth, coziness, friendliness and helpfulness...while secretly exerting a little authority too.

Who crooked the tail of the witch’s cat?

Who stepped on Mr. Hyde’s hat?

Who shaved the Werewolf bare

who stole the head of Pumpkin Jack?

It was Mommy’s Little Monster!

Such a unruly little beast

tricks and pranks and mischief not the least

of their notorious reputation.

But Dear Mummy always has a smile

for her darling little beguiler.

So when the stories are told and the milk is drunk

and you are snuggled down for Dreamland bound

don’t forget to check under your bed

and lock your closet tight

for you can be sure if you’re feeling full of dread

the culprit is Mommy’s Little Monster!

This starts out somewhat sweet on me with the hay but eventually evolves into a definite fall fruit vibe with the pear.  I like that, a drier more tangy kind of pear evocation.  I don't really get the other notes at all except to frame those two impressions, I think.  It's not exactly the kind of thing I would wear (although I do like more tangy pear scents like Unwrapped and Maxine d'Arc's Tarty Spiced Pear) but I think it's a really inspired seasonal blending.  If you enjoyed Gilded Season, for example, then I think you might like this one too.

I love pear, but I haven't really found a pear I like to wear as a perfume. I always think I want a thick syrupy pear, but this one works way better on my skin. The hay and teak really ground it and give a great base. The pear is so pretty! It's perfect for this sunny fall day. 

I'll be needing a perfume with MLH in it soon and this one seems perfect!

I wore this tonight for teaching two classes back to back. I know that this is not a "me" scent, meaning it doesn't resemble some delicious dessert, but I keep reaching for it. I don't really know these notes, but I think it's mainly pear, hay and teakwood on me. Like enough hay that it makes me think I'm going to sneeze! There seems to be a lot of extra heavy shit happening all at once. I try to be a good listener and a calm presence for my students, sometimes they confide in me, sometimes they vent and cry. I think the vibe of Mommy's Little Monster helped me show up how I was needed tonight. It was a night of grown-ups needing a calm captain steering the ship, smelling like creme brûlée would NOT have been helpful. I've only worn MLH scents around my kids, but it seems it helps calm adults who just need someone else to take the reins once in a while.