New *Private Editions* to share!

Potion Master

Made some extra of these Sugared Private Editions, letting you know before I put them into the store.

First, we've got Liz's Sugared Dark Patchouli and Rose Otto. Because I got like 50 requests for it, I made another batch and designed a label for it.

NOTE TO LIZ: I sent you a bottle of this brew, so you can have one with a nice label too. :)

AD-Liz_Patch-Rose.jpg

Next, we have a trio of Fairy potions! This one was designed by Ivory Pixie, and is called Ivory Pixie's Midnight Garden. It's fresh and lovely, crafted entirely of night blooming florals, including Moonflower, Tuberose, Lillies, Angel Trumpet, Night Phlox and more. Gorgeous! I have around 12 bottles available of this one.

AD-Pixie_MidnightGarden.jpg

The next two were both designed by SeaMonkey - the first is Sea Monkey's Cocoa Fae. Can you guess what's in it? The sweetest Fairy Floss cotton candy sugar blended with a delicious light chocolate. Mmmmmm - Danna's in love with this one (and stole a bottle), so I've got around 9 bottles left.

AD-Josie_CocoaFae.jpg

And last we've got Sea Monkey's Musk in the Dust (Pixie Dust that is!). A gorgeous blend of Fairy Floss cotton candy sugars and Egyptian Musk. Sweet and delicately, divinely musky! I have around 9 bottles available of this one as well.

AD-Josie_MuskDust.jpg

So, let me know here or by email if you want to purchase one. I'll be putting them into the store sometime next week.

Oh, and a few more things:

NOTE TO ESMERALDA: I sent you the last bottle of your Pink Emerald since you loved it so much. So that one will not be going up in the store as it's all gone now!

And also - is anyone interested in having Androtic's P-79 added to anything? I have ONE dose left of it, it would add $15 to the price of any perfume. Let me know if interested.

Those labels are so pretty!!!!! omg! you put alot of work on them! I admire you my love!

And thank you so much potion master! good god, you are so generous! I was thinking about getting another one all last week! omg, I can't say how much I want to steal you my beautiful little leprechaun!

Edited by esmeralda

Made some extra of these Sugared Private Editions, letting you know before I put them into the store.

First, we've got Liz's Sugared Dark Patchouli and Rose Otto. Because I got like 50 requests for it, I made another batch and designed a label for it.

NOTE TO LIZ: I sent you a bottle of this brew, so you can have one with a nice label too. :)

AD-Liz_Patch-Rose.jpg

Oh Mara ...... It's LOVELY !!! and Thank You (You're just TOO good to us). I love the "scrolly/viney" flowers, I have 5 tattoos all leaves/vines, maybe it's time for a flower or two. Thank You again Mara, You're The BEST :cry: !!

Mara, please add a Sea Monkey's Cocoa Fae and Sea Monkey's Musk in the Dust for me, please. You can add it to the current order I have. It's the really BIG one. ;)

OMG I'm so psyched about the faery scents, still have so many other bottles on hold though, pretty much making an order every week haha I'de love to put all three of them on hold but I don't want to be a pain, could I put one of them on hold, maybe cocoa fae?

I would love to test the dark pathcouli rose otto one though, if anyone could part with a decant.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

How much lighter is the candy floss sugar in Musk in the dust when compared to the sugar in Sugared Egyptian Musk? Is it like Sugared Egyptian Musk?

It's hugely different - to my nose anyway. Dunno if this makes sense, but the sugar we used in Sugared Egyptian Musk was a very 'orange' sugar. This one is very pink. It's beautiful. You can smell each of the ingredients like they are separate layers; distinct sources that come together for a happy combo.

Funny question. I wasn't able to figure by looking at the unscented blends what Androtics P-79 was. I suppose learning about pheromones just takes time. So what is Androtics P-79? It sounds like it would be for men.

Androtics is the name of the lab that synthesizes the phero. This is what they have to say about it: "Works well to intensify the effects of other pheromones. Motivating properties - intensifies personal drive regardless of your goal."

It's hugely different - to my nose anyway. Dunno if this makes sense, but the sugar we used in Sugared Egyptian Musk was a very 'orange' sugar. This one is very pink. It's beautiful. You can smell each of the ingredients like they are separate layers; distinct sources that come together for a happy combo.

I am not really good with smells and knowing what "musk" smells like...What other LP scent is this musk closest too? (I want to go smell a scent with musk, so that I can get an idea of what this musk will smell like).

Hope this can be done! :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

There's all different kinds of musk though...musk is an amplifier of whatever it is blended with.

Yeah I was curious of what other perfume they used this particular musk in.

When you say amplifier, does that mean if you put it with cherries it will give a deeper cherry scent or with cotton candy it'd make it more cotton candish?

Thanks for responding luna!

It can give a deeper resonance to certain notes, since it's usually used as the base in a blend it tends to make the notes in the blend bloom over time. But usually no matter the type there's always that aura: a hint of earthiness and what our brains interpret as sex.

thanks. that has given me a great idea of how musk effect the scent. looks like I am adding a musk scent to my order :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

Thanks again!

There are soooooo many musks, and they all smell different, but here are some examples....

You like Dirty Sexy, and it has a lot of musk as the basenote. That is why the resins bloom so beautifully in that one.

Also, if you've tried Sultry Aternoon, the almost "wispy" smell that you get in the background of that one.....that's musk.

I've never smelled the Egyptian Musk, but since I am a musk fan, I'm sure I'd like it.

Edited by Dolly

Many musks smell soapy. Some smell powdery. Some smell animalistic. Some smell deeply flowery. Some smell extremely 'perfumey'. Some are really 'pointy', and some are really 'smooth'.

There are SO MANY varieties, it's hard to describe them in a blanket statement. Often I will add musk to a blend to add a powdery feel.

*Robin & Marian* is almost exclusively musks, a bevy of different varieties. If you wanted to have a rounded musk experience, I would try that one.

Also, the new Down and Dirty varieties for men and women have a strong prescence of Civet accord, which is musk, but a 'dirty', animalistic smelling variety.

Ooh thanks for the clarification about the musks, I am so enjoying learning a lil about different scents. What musks are in Dirty Sexy?

I love the fruit in DS with the deep dirty scent under it giving it that sexy feel :rolleyes:

Many musks smell soapy. Some smell powdery. Some smell animalistic. Some smell deeply flowery. Some smell extremely 'perfumey'. Some are really 'pointy', and some are really 'smooth'.

There are SO MANY varieties, it's hard to describe them in a blanket statement. Often I will add musk to a blend to add a powdery feel.

*Robin & Marian* is almost exclusively musks, a bevy of different varieties. If you wanted to have a rounded musk experience, I would try that one.

Also, the new Down and Dirty varieties for men and women have a strong prescence of Civet accord, which is musk, but a 'dirty', animalistic smelling variety.

I love the ones in In The Mood, too - to my nose it's also a nice "blend" of musks...making it well-rounded...

I love musks! To me, they can really "make" a scent......

BTW, the one in Down and Dirty for Women is intensely sexy.......

CC: here's an example (from Wiki) to elaborate what I meant by the "amplifier" properties of musk:

The grain of musk will distinctly scent millions of cubic feet of air without any appreciable loss of weight, and its scent is not only more penetrating but more persistent than that of any other known substance.

But that's why there are so many varieties, and the character depends on what it's blended with, but every blend has a distinctive quality which can only be described as "musky."

I love the ones in In The Mood, too - to my nose it's also a nice "blend" of musks...making it well-rounded...

Thanks Katz, that one slipped my mind. Yeah, In the Mood is a softer, more feminine blend of musks. I find Robin and Marian somewhat pointy. I can picture a grande dame dripping in jewels wearing that one, while In The Mood is more sexy soft blue jeans.

But that's why there are so many varieties, and the character depends on what it's blended with, but every blend has a distinctive quality which can only be described as "musky."

...and which animal it is supposed to be emulating. It is illegal today to use real animal derived musks, so all of the available musks are synthesized, but the scent varies animal by animal. Civet is the musk of the Civet Cat, and there's Deer Musks, Ambergris (from whale intenstines), and on and on and on. There are plants that smell just like animal musk, and there's certain types of Honey that smell like human female musk. They vary, but as Luna said, they all fire off the chemical signal for 'sex' in our brains. They work on a sense memory or instinctive basis, and have pheromonal qualities in that regard.

Mara/Danna....

Just received my custom order Musk in the Dust(Pixie) & Cocoa Fae. I absolutely love

both of them. Both of the scents are better than I imagined :angelstar-kaos058: .

Also thanks for the Ivory Pixie's Midnight Garden. If you like florals you will love this one.

It reminds me of a scent I use to wear and loved many many years ago but I can't think

of the name.

From the bottom of my heart lots of XOXO you gals are truly the best :offtopic: .

J

I got a bottle of Cocoa Fae as well. It is absolutely divine. I have it on my inner wrist on my left arm. When I get alot of potions in I put them all at various places on my hands and wrists, and ay the containers out in a diagram of where they are on my hands and arms. Very systematic!! It is yummy and sweet, and just the right amount of chocolate,,mmmm

Mara/Danna....

Just received my custom order Musk in the Dust(Pixie) & Cocoa Fae. I absolutely love

both of them. Both of the scents are better than I imagined :angelstar-kaos058: .

Also thanks for the Ivory Pixie's Midnight Garden. If you like florals you will love this one.

It reminds me of a scent I use to wear and loved many many years ago but I can't think

of the name.

From the bottom of my heart lots of XOXO you gals are truly the best :wink2: .

J

So pleased that you like them all, SeaMonkey! :D Wanted you to have Midnight Garden too, so you could have a full set of "wings" - thought they would look pretty all lined up on your shelf. Hope you get some wonderful enjoyment from them, and thank you for ordering them!

xoxoxox

M

I got a bottle of Cocoa Fae as well. It is absolutely divine. I have it on my inner wrist on my left arm. When I get alot of potions in I put them all at various places on my hands and wrists, and ay the containers out in a diagram of where they are on my hands and arms. Very systematic!! It is yummy and sweet, and just the right amount of chocolate,,mmmm

I love it, what a good system. I have tried various systems but always find i forget by the time all are applied. Today I have a delicious scent on the back of my hand but no clue what it is lol.

TG, have you tried Kindgdom of Dreams? it is sooooo yummy, I just got a tester but I am adding this too my must have bottle list.

two bottles cc :wink2: I need my own support group just for me... Have you tried Night of the Fae? It has the same feel!

Yeah night of the fae was on my bottle wish list but somehow it totally slipped and is now only in tester form. HOWEVER I do have about 4 testers so I am in good supply :D

Glad you're enjoying the Cocoa Fae. I laughed when I read you're post as most of the time when I receive my monthly sampler I wait about an hr then do almost exactly as you do. I can put up to 4 scents on each arm. I have to admit though I only line up the scents while I'm trying them on. After an hr or so goes by sometimes I forget which scent is which :wink2: .

No fair talking about the new ones before I get my box. Now the wait will be worse than before.

:wink2: