Nakai Nectar

Ok, I decided to swipe on a little bit of this one just to test it out......

Very melon-y when wet......VERY melon-y. YUM. As it starts to dry down, it reminds me of one of my favorite fruity scents, Mermaids of Atlantis......but without the seaweedy notes.

Very nice, very fruity, very juicy smelling.....

Nakai Nectare is everything I was hoping for. The hubby really..really loved this one. Heck he hurt his back over the weekend but a couple whiffs of Nakai's yumminess made him forget all about it. He was aroused instantly and felt the need to jump my bones. Oh My.

Your right Dolly this scent is definitely juicy. And the Sugar in it makes it really sweet as well. Yum. I like it. The copulins are well covered by all of those melons. I can hardly smell the EOW. When I first put it on the cantaloupe and Honeydew were very dominate. The scent took me back to summer days as a kid when my mom would give me slices of fresh cantaloupe. It made me smile. I bought a full sized bottle of this and will most assuredly buy more.

I am so happy with this! As a big fan of Sugared Melons I had hoped for that juicy melon scent but the mango combined really gives this a tangy punch that improves the melon for me. I don't detect eow at all while wet or during the dry down. It maintains the tangy melon while a nice hint of sugared honeycomb blooms from beneath it as the melon fades several hours later. I think it is similar to Summer Solstice'08 too, but focuses and is more heavy with melon varieties, which works perfectly for me my skin absorbed the fruitiness on that one much too quickly.

Will soon see what my H thinks of the copulins content.

I just got my parcel at home! Right now! lol (just got from school all tired but now I'm all hyped!)

This one smells soo juicy, and melon-y it's delicious!!! I love it, I'll update about it later on!

This one sounds soooo good; however, I can't do the cantaloupe. I so want to try this and keep going to it when I'm shopping. I just don't think I can overcome the cantaloupe smell. I'm so sad! :(

Now, I'll get back to this. This one still smells juicy dry down, definately a girly scent. Something that is very casual, I would wear this one everyday to the gym or to college. It's sweet, and young. Makes me think of melon bubble gum, but believe me, this does NOT smell cheap!

Actually it smells rich, for melons (and when you buy melon sprays from other stores, even from oils I've tried, they don't seem as strong or don't seem to have many layers)

But this one is a winner! I might be considering a bottle...M&D why are you doing this to me?!...*wails* lol!

Edited by esmeralda

try cuddle bunny i know u'll like it :P

I tried cuddle bunny last night actually! and I LOVE it!!! I'm planning to get a full bottle of bethrotal and cuddle bunny! Just waiting for daddy-o to pay my bills ;) lol! btw: I think you'll love blatant invitation, it's awesome!!!

Edited by esmeralda

Mmm, this one is full of melons as well i smell like a juicy sourish tang! I love it. When I first apply I get the molony tang and then I almost died with saddness cuz my skin started to morph it into something not good (reminded me of my issue with Me, Jane) BUT the unpleasant scent lasted about 2 mins and then the yummy scent returned. I love this scent and am so glad it has stayed with its melony goodness.

After a couple hours the smell changes. It loses the tang and the sweet syrupy melon and goes to a soft sweet perfume that reminds me of a light fruit tes. This is calming and delicious. I am enjoying this scen tfrom start to finish.

I am 5 hrs in and it is still lovely :) VERY glad I got a bottle (I was worried at first but now I want MANY bottles :D)

Oh and I cant forget the EoW, I am seeing some good responses, not super duper obvious ones, but I can see the effect there. It is coming across has playful.

I love this one too. And the EoW does the same thing on me. After like a minute on the skin, it does that EoW morph and gets stinky for a minute, and then it settles into the body of the perfume and I can't smell the copulins any more, but you can still 'feel' them there, underneath, but not offensive. FYI - there's a LOT of cops in there.

I love this one too. And the EoW does the same thing on me. After like a minute on the skin, it does that EoW morph and gets stinky for a minute, and then it settles into the body of the perfume and I can't smell the copulins any more, but you can still 'feel' them there, underneath, but not offensive. FYI - there's a LOT of cops in there.

Phew, I thought maybe I was the only one getting that touch of EoW.

I love that there is a ton of EoW the scent covers it SOOOO well!

And remember there's copulins in Me, Jane! too.

Does Me, Jane! not settle on you after a few minutes?

No I think I have pin pointed it to the banana in Me Jane. I think my skin amps it with the pheros.

I will test this theory more with the sugared fried banana and maybe add EoW and see... :D

I'm really liking this scent, it's fruity but not the wal-mart brand bodyspray type fruity. Very rich and juicy, lasts a long time too. Another thing I like is that it's pretty layerable, I tried it with chocolatini and got a delicious chocolate covered melon scent :) , usually everything clashes with chocolatini or is too strong. This has been one of my every day scents as of late.

This was really a great choice for the EoW, I can't really detect it at all (not like in Phero Girl, although it's not an issue for me that I can smell it in that one). And it's such a bright happy scent, a really nice melon mix that doesn't come off as too cloying or artifical. I get an especially realistic watermelon evocation in the top note, delicious! This is something I could see making into a "happy potion" with some a-nol.

I'm really liking this scent, it's fruity but not the wal-mart brand bodyspray type fruity. Very rich and juicy, lasts a long time too. Another thing I like is that it's pretty layerable, I tried it with chocolatini and got a delicious chocolate covered melon scent :) , usually everything clashes with chocolatini or is too strong. This has been one of my every day scents as of late.

Ooooh! I am so going to have to try this with chocolatini, I am deffinetly trying to find one that meshes with it as my BF cant stand the chocolatini.

It's a sweet, juicy, melony concoction.

To me "nectar" is an appropriate word to use in regards to a fruit-based scent, it triggers the correct associations. And names which are alliterative are automatically more appealing (so says my advertising training).

Lol. Because we voted on it!

I think the suggestion stemmed from Nakai being a botanist who described a particular kind of watermelon. For nectar, take the latin meaning of "drink of the gods." It's a sweet, juicy, melony concoction.

ohh so nakai was a botanist... now I know where that came from

why is this called Nakai Nectar? What is Nakai and how is this its nectar? lol

I went to wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakai

but none of those seem to be my answer

Lol. Because we voted on it!

I think the suggestion stemmed from Nakai being a botanist who described a particular kind of watermelon. For nectar, take the latin meaning of "drink of the gods." It's a sweet, juicy, melony concoction.

To me "nectar" is an appropriate word to use in regards to a fruit-based scent, it triggers the correct associations. And names which are alliterative are automatically more appealing (so says my advertising training).

ohh so nakai was a botanist... now I know where that came from

Wiki copy & paste:

Watermelon (Citrullus lanatus (Thunb.) Matsum & Nakai, family Cucurbitaceae) refers to both fruit and plant of a vine-like (climber and trailer) herb originally from southern Africa and one of the most common types of melon.

Bees produce honey by collecting nectar, which is a clear liquid consisting of nearly 80% water with complex sugars. The collecting bees store the nectar in a second stomach and return to the hive where worker bees remove the nectar. The worker bees digest the raw nectar for about 30 minutes using enzymes to break up the complex sugars into simpler ones. Raw honey is then spread out in empty honeycomb cells to dry, which reduces the water content to less than 20%. When nectar is being processed, honeybees create a draft through the hive by fanning with their wings. Once dried, the cells of the honeycomb are sealed (capped) with wax to preserve the honey.

Or the easy answer. I like the way it sounds. :wit3:

You guys are REALLY making me jealous with all this talk and scent descriptions. I am soooo anxious for my box to get here so I can enjoy this scent as well.

I poured the trial vial into a full bottle of sugar'd honeycomb (which was 5/6 full).

And the smell is divine!!!!! I get more honey and the melons are in the background, which adds a fantastic twist. j'aime ca beaucoup! yum!

Edited by esmeralda

my order finally came. and omg. it reeeeaked of nakai nectar and ti was SO good. wow. im def gna get another bottle.

i couldnt even smell the eow which was always a plus. i havent had the time to take it out for a road test yet, but will report back ASAP!

<3

my order finally came. and omg. it reeeeaked of nakai nectar and ti was SO good. wow. im def gna get another bottle.

i couldnt even smell the eow which was always a plus. i havent had the time to take it out for a road test yet, but will report back ASAP!

<3

omg remmy, you've become an addict haven't you!

hahahahaha yaaaaaa :abfx::D;):)

also i tried out the betrothal potion today.. the smell didnt go with me but.. i had some cute effects from it ;)

Another addition to the greatest addiction ever :)

Betrothal scentwise isnt up my alley but it is such a fab potion that I must have some available at all times. I want a scent that will mix well with it and make it a smell that works more with my signature so people dont think I am wearing someone elses perfume lol, yet i dont want the other scent to mix up the potions intentions :)

Aww, remmy don't worry. It's just one perfume that went a bit wonky on you, there are always many others to try! My skin hates strong ambers and resins and when I wear them I smell like a disaster, as if I just walked out of the drainage (yes, with intense resins it's pretty bad)

*sigh* what else can I do? Try it on my mom/sister/friend and try to get a whiff from them all day lol

Ah, skin chemistry is such an interesting thing. I'm almost certain that my skin amps honey and this perfume on me smells like Phero Girl with melon notes as the background. Definitely a much sexier scent than I expected.

I LOVE this scent!! It is such a true sweet melon scent. I thought the cantaloupe would bother me, but it didn't; it stays blended and doesn't over power or separate from the other fruit. This is such a soft, pure melon blend scent. The sweet melon/fruit scent covers the cops perfectly. This one is DEFINITELY going on my must have full list.

I also blended this one with Sea Monkey's Cocoa Fae. Wonderful blend!! :lol:

i wore out nekai nectar when i was visiting my friends. so so many guys commenting on how i smelt good. it was almost embrassing at one point because i felt bad for my friend.. (i was visiting her but i got all the attention :Hug_emoticon: )

this guy.. with a girlfriend (i didnt know he had a girl though) spent hours with me talking about random stuff and seemingly never wanted to leave. maybe he's just a really friendly dude, but he kept putting his arms around me and trying to make jokes and stuff. he said that i smelt really nice and that he loves girls who smell like fruits.

then i found out he had a gf, so hmph.

either way, great scent. my full bottle in on its way!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know how much EoW is in Nakai Nectar? The scent sounds great but I want to make sure it is strong enough for phero testing. Thanks

To quote the lady who (physically) created it:

FYI - there's a LOT of cops in there.

...although that's not an actual scientific measurement. :lol: But if Mara says it's gotta lotta cops, then you can be sure it does!

Thanks! Sounds like a good enough measurement! :lol: