Autumn Lust

scourger

There's desire in the air…and it's as delicious as an apple chai sure to warm when the weather turns brisk. Be tempted by our spicy apple and berry blend kissed with mouth-watering honey and sugar…surrender to sweet and steamy Autumn Lust!

In the bottle: I get fresh, crisp apples, a sign that summer is at an end and the heat is finally breaking.

On, wet: The apples stay crisp, but the cardamom and other spices are more apparent. It's not the smell of apple pie fresh from the oven, but the smell of apple pie about to go in the oven; the apples still crisp and tart, with spices and sugar sprinkled over them. There's even a little bit of something like pie crust in the background, though that could be my sense memory fooling me.

Drydown: An almost buttery honey note comes through, blending perfectly with the apples, which have now stepped back a bit. The cardamom is still the most dominant spice note, which keeps this from becoming a cliched, cinnamon apple combo. This is a much more lively spiced apple than Liberty Belle, redolent of deep blue skies over leaves just starting to turn, and hayrides with fresh cider waiting to refresh you at the end. Mmmmm.

This one reminds me of the old cider house and orchard we used to go to when I was a kid to get fresh apples. They would make apple cider in one room, and pies and other treats in the other half of the place. Then of course there was all the fresh apples you could eat sitting in baskets on every avalible surface. This is warm cider and spices. It's a complete memory in a vial for me.

Tested this one today, after Mermaids wore off.....in the vial it is apples, but as soon as I put it on my skin, my chemistry immediately amps the cinnamon & sugar notes....it's like those jolly rancher cinnamon candies on me. After it dries down a bit, I can smell the apples and the cardamom.....I don't really get the berries, but it is still a nice scent.

I like it....I agree with Scourger that it isn't a cliched apple/cinnamon combo.....nice change of pace. This would be the perfect scent to wear on a fall hayride.

I wore this on apple picking day (I'm a student teacher part-time with the kids). no worries, I didn't load the bottle, it was clear, and they were like "mmm, you smell like apple pie!" lol! Kids like this more than the adults did.

Well the guys would too...after all, the best way to win a man's heart is through his stomach lmao! ;)

Edited by esmeralda

*ponders a good euphemism*

Let's put it this way: a man loves to eat...but he loves to see you eat something even more. And if you do it right he'll put the collar and the leash on himself. :)

Let's put it this way: a man loves to eat...but he loves to see you eat something even more. And if you do it right he'll put the collar and the leash on himself. :D

I've been with my hubby for 25yrs and you're right on....and LP has helped kick it into overdrive hehehe :banana063: .

Let's put it this way: a man loves to eat...but he loves to see you eat something even more. And if you do it right he'll put the collar and the leash on himself. :)

LOL! :D

I like the berry top note in the vial, but it doesn't make it to my skin at all, darn it. This is an apple cider/baked apple evocation on me, the spices are subtle but they lend a nice sense of warmth. It turns kind of perfume-y on me during drydown, it sort of reminds me of Be Delicious (of course I've only ever smelled it, not worn it), but I don't really get the apple pie thing other people do.

This scent is so yummy and luscious. The apple and spices do have a very warm apple pie feel in the vial and when I first put it on. I love this scent and find it is perfect on a cold autumn day. However I put it on about an hour ago and it has completely faded and pretty much disapeared from my wrists. I can smell it in my cleavage though :Blusher: I am going to have to try this with D5 on my wrists. I am so glad I ordered a full bottle of this and have 2 samples!

• 3 months later...

I typically do not like to wear scents with real strong apple notes, they are too foody for me. However, I have recently discovered that 1/2 a trial vial in a hot bath makes a wonderful all over body scent that is perfect for bedtime! I am not sure if it is the dilution, the thin amount that is on my skin, or what... but it really helps tone down the apple. I smell delicious. It is a very subtle spiced cider. mmmmm...

• 11 months later...

This is seriously like sex and apples. I don't know exactly what note made me come ot that conclusion (probably the honey) but the first thing that came to my mind after I sniffed this on the drydown was "sex and apples". It's very deceptively apple-juice at first and then dries down to this warm, golden and sexily spiced mixture; the berries deepen the fruit component, and the honey adds that irresistable "come-hither" element. I'm a sucker for autumn scents, and now you can see why :mail:

• 2 years later...

Yummy!! This is a wonderful spiced apple blend. I get a pretty good throw from the spices, but the apple note stays fresh and true in the background. I am happy this blend did not go funky candle potpourri smell on me like some of the spice blends do. This is a keeper!!!!