Archive: Haystack

luna65

g1Hzck3q3jFM-5KE24olHob_EoKoE2bejuyzj0q5GdOcJlHkqrX0WdLzUYoyq-sP_nUjv7EsET7854ZOS3dDAd_b6fqzlJoV4ejF3d_bfbLmPRHl04ulmUuaHoFEcBDBDjPx_u1X3RnTv1dW2QuJMy50QXEc2fdYFWT0fvRmlsW43UmptuclQr36MPYRAfelDghW46CQrDLMSfAtk6_ikO9dP4ddBCsxIwmKNtvIl3OElX2ZsXP7uS8OVCmrXld8XoTuj-yu0rhccTHn-guY1We1wrmrtf1pjOkmna3zx9PMcqBeNCStNAHQZy7brk7Bm3YwBxB691UyvIB3INziAMXMePhEYmJbGR0XBTbOiCdnuqzwgr-M61tmmrPjrSvRqHqJldcsVWjrZaf0Qoz4Bc3aVrcDvXqBRtRDRV282XP08W4QcZpkrNdP7PKAyy6kh9x7DZ1FAUMrM-IHQZ57RBXaWJnQH0LwDEIFyicLA7QSgbnf_eb3h6PUFxVNdUB9aUtK2JGFfSN5d30iHtY

So-named for the confectionary delight, chocolate-coconut haystacks! Mounds of sweet shredded coconut drizzled with creamy chocolate, rich brown sugar and caramel on a base of sweet amber. A frightfully delightful treat, but there’s no hay in it...did we trick ya?!

COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

Created by: Mara & John

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: Rosario Rizzo

October 2015

Review Thread

There was a full moon on Halloween, which only happens once in a blue moon. Me and my brother sat in the hayloft and stared up at the sky, the moon was so big and bright...I almost forgot to be scared. But the veil between the worlds is so thin, anything can slip right through. In the fields beyond, we could see the flickering of the will o’the wisps, hear their moans and whispers in the breeze...and other noises too. Howls and grunts and screams.

Our mom was dismayed to see us gazing at the moon, stuffing ourselves with the candy which was supposed to be for the trick-or-treaters.

“Come down from there! Some witch is bound to come along and snatch you right up, she would! Do you want to end up in a stew?”

“She’s too sour to eat!” my brother proclaimed, and I would have pushed him off, if Mom wasn’t there to see it. He’s just mean.

“I said come down from there right now or you won’t get any haystacks!”

“Haystacks? And hot apple cider too?” my brother asked.

“Only for those of my children who come in the house!” she answered, walking away.

It was tempting, sure, Mom’s haystacks are so yummy. But after my brother climbed down the ladder and walked across the yard I looked behind me at the actual hay stacked up in the loft. A figure emerged, brushing stray bits out of his hair and from his clothes. He had eyes as green as the sea on a stormy day.

The veil is thin...and anything might come to visit. Especially when the moon is so big and bright.

“Trick or treat,” he murmured, crawling towards me, and I smiled. I tilted my head up once more to look at the moon and when he bit me, it didn’t hurt at all.

“So sweet,” he whispered, with my blood on his lips, “Just like candy.”