Lioness

scourger

AD-Lioness.jpg

Lioness

Since the beginning of time women have been admired for their beauty and strength. Lioness captures the heart of those scents which represent but dare not compete with the true essence of the Female.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships, Goddess energy.
DATE ~ Improves male virility and sexual prowess.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive, use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover, happiness, fulfillment.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing, powerful guard against evil.
SPIKENARD ~ Luck, fidelity, health, attraction, calming, focus, intellect, mental clarity.
HYSSOP ~ Purification, protection, deflection of negativity.
ORANGE ~ Strong "magnet" to attract men, eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism.
WOODS ~ Sensual atmospheric, courage, protection.
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dates and cream are blended together while honey and myrrh are held gently within its grasp. Spikenards regal scent stands on its own as hints of woods and tobacco smoke linger. The fiery presence of hyssop gives warmth to sweet oranges and musk…the scent of a strong woman who stands apart from all others.

I don't want to review this one because then everyone will know how amazing this is. (Besides, my words could never capture it.)

In the bottle: Spicey, rich, exotic. The myrrh is the only note I can separate enough to identify, and even that is tempered by the other ingredients and made infinitely complex.

On, wet: There is a sweet tanginess which must come from the oranges, though there is nothing which says, "citrus" in this blend. The spicey richness remains, though under it, right against the skin, the cream and honey slips like silk.

Drydown: The creamy base of this lasts a long time, with the ghosts of the rich, bold spices still etched across it.

I hoped so much for this scent, and it surpassed my wildest imaginings. I would say that it is incredibly feminine, because of the warm honey/cream/date mix that keeps it warm and nurturing, but I could see a man pulling this one off as well. I haven't smelled spiciness like this before, with no clove or pepper or indead anything I normally think of as spice. It is heat, and raw, animalistic appeal all wrapped up with just a hint of nurturing instinct before bottling.

Oh, how I need a bottle of this one.

Ohh, thanks Scourger. I was wondering how this one was. I'm still waiting for my box, so I am forced to live and smell vicariously through others.

:(

I don't want to review this one because then everyone will know how amazing this is. (Besides, my words could never capture it.)

In the bottle: Spicey, rich, exotic. The myrrh is the only note I can separate enough to identify, and even that is tempered by the other ingredients and made infinitely complex.

On, wet: There is a sweet tanginess which must come from the oranges, though there is nothing which says, "citrus" in this blend. The spicey richness remains, though under it, right against the skin, the cream and honey slips like silk.

Drydown: The creamy base of this lasts a long time, with the ghosts of the rich, bold spices still etched across it.

I hoped so much for this scent, and it surpassed my wildest imaginings. I would say that it is incredibly feminine, because of the warm honey/cream/date mix that keeps it warm and nurturing, but I could see a man pulling this one off as well. I haven't smelled spiciness like this before, with no clove or pepper or indead anything I normally think of as spice. It is heat, and raw, animalistic appeal all wrapped up with just a hint of nurturing instinct before bottling.

Oh, how I need a bottle of this one.

Me too.

Your review has me so intrigued that I am having to force myself not to pull my wallet out of my bag . . OMG.

So I had to review this one last because it is by far the BEST one to me. The ingredients in this one have been my favorites for years I just never had anybody to make it for me. I gotta say M@D you guys got what I wanted SPOT ON. This is me wrapped up in this bottle and it is absolutely perfect. I belly dance and this is my Dream scent how I have always wanted to smell. Its exotic and mysterious and sexy and powerful and sleek. It has so many layers and that bloom right after the other. The spikenard, hyssop, myrrh and orange come first and give thats super strong aura and the spiciness last for a while then the soft gentle creamyness still holds tight to the spiciness giving a beautiful softness. This has amazing lasting power and it is not overwhelming but it is not light it is just right, will make anybody want to lean in closer and take in your scent. This Im sure will make any man feen for the woman wearing this.

You have really made me super happy today, I gotta get me a lot of these I SUPER DUPER UBER LOVE LOVE falling in Love with this again everytime I smell my wrist. You made my dream come true I dont know how else to say thank you. Muchas gracias you ladies are the best.

yep I am so happy right now, because lol lioness is my nickname which is another reason for the name and my last name means lioness and Im a leo lol this is just super perfect for me you have no idea. I absolutely love it. My mom smelled it and she's like yeah that is you spot on.

This one is incredibly different, and yes, really exotic. I haven't smelled anything close to this before! I get more smoke (my skin seems to amp on smoke in the background) and the honey blends well, while the citrus pops out. There is something around there though, I can't put my foot on it! I think it's the dates, that make it "different", but overall! it's really unique!

This is nothing like I imagined it would be. It has a real sort of classic perfume vibe, I want to say it reminds me of Tweed, but I'm not sure if that's correct. But it definitely has an evocation of strength. I really enjoy the orange top note, I wish it would have lasted a bit longer. But this is the kind of fragrance you wear with the power suit and heels, or in any situation where you want to be in charge, and in that it embodies the concept perfectly.

• 1 month later...

Lioness

In vial: orange! And a bit of cream and amber…it reminds me of Fairy Lure.

On skin: ooh, now the tobacco comes out, the woods and the incense notes, and the golden notes of honey and amber. this now smells incredibly sophisticated, warm and luminous. Tangy orange and mature tobacco take the lead, backed up with sweet cream, honey, amber, sandalwood and myrrh, with a bit of spikenard adding a wonderful ‘ancient incense’ feel to it all. The scent is dry and golden, evoking images of sunsets over the savannah. It’s also a very regal scent, and it smells confident and strong. Not a wild scent but a stately queen of a scent. The scent is also quite a shapeshifter-like a cat, it’s got changeable moods. At one point, it was very tobacco-woodsy and I thought it would go all masculine. But then it changed into a lovely honeyed date scent. and then the incense/smoke returns but the honeyed dates remain, and the amber comes back too. I’m not sure if I need more of this but I really like it enough to keep the sample. Very classy and golden…and a little bit fierce too. Rrrawww!

Edited by whiskerswhispers

• 4 weeks later...

In the bottle i got a strong lemony smoke smell.

On it faded down to a lemon, citrus smell with musk undertones. It is perfectly named as it is golden, seductive strong corageous cat. It reminds me of CK1, do pay attention to the warning as the spots i applied it to turned slightly red [lemon, cinnamon] but not uncomfortable where i would not wear it again.

this scent is for my business suit, breifcase days and take charge nights.

Not sure if i am ready for a full bottle purchase as i can make the samples last. It goes in my tier II category -

• 2 months later...

I don't want to write a review. I love Lioness so much I would write an ODE to this fragrance! It is orange, but not the orange of citrus. It is a fiery orange sunrise with dust and haze shimmering in the air. It is the strength and wisdom of the lioness as she surveys her world. It is the sweet, spicy breeze that blows on a hot day as it passes over grasses that bow before it. It is the knowing that all the power you need is within.

There have been scents I've liked before, and some I've loved. Lioness goes beyond that somehow; it creates an aura that I move within.

Just WOW.

I don't want to write a review. I love Lioness so much I would write an ODE to this fragrance! It is orange, but not the orange of citrus. It is a fiery orange sunrise with dust and haze shimmering in the air. It is the strength and wisdom of the lioness as she surveys her world. It is the sweet, spicy breeze that blows on a hot day as it passes over grasses that bow before it. It is the knowing that all the power you need is within.

DANG. Are you going to take a crack at a description of an August scent?

You should.

That rocked.

Shelly B and Katz, thanks for your kind words! They totally made my day!

I thought about Lioness all day at work (when I wasn't thinking about my TargetGuy, sigh!). It's probably take me a month to come up with an August scent description!

:)

OK, between the reviews from scourger, whiskers, viv and stkatz (bad enablers!) I had to at least get a sample of this. Your descriptions are delectible, and now there's yet another LP that may soon have me in it's thrall, it never ends does it... :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co That is so cool too, that this was a custom, didn't realize that. AND that it is a dream scent come true. Congrats, Vivica, M and D!!! :D

There have been scents I've liked before, and some I've loved. Lioness goes beyond that somehow; it creates an aura that I move within.

Just WOW.

Wow stkatz this is an amazing review. It encaptures the whole feel behind this one. I have a couple samples of it and will always have to have at least one on hand due to the beauty you have portrayed here.

If you came up with this in a day, girl you will HAVE to write a review for designing august... :D

Wow stkatz this is an amazing review. It encaptures the whole feel behind this one. I have a couple samples of it and will always have to have at least one on hand due to the beauty you have portrayed here.

If you came up with this in a day, girl you will HAVE to write a review for designing august... :D

Thank you so much, CC! Your comments are a real day-brightener!!

There is definitely going to be another bottle or two of Lioness in my next order. Got to let some things here settle down a bit first, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I loooooooooove this. Its beautiful and had so much potential. My skin drinks this so it's not a keeper for me. Its warm amber loveliness with creamy undertones with a warm spiciness. My skin sucked it all up though and turned it into sweetness on my skin in about 1/2 an hour.

This would be so beautiful on the right person.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so when I first tried it, I gave this one the "it's nice", but kind of sniffed and passed.....

I am trying it again, in light of the upcoming sale, and I have to say it is really growing on me.....I think that the ODE written by stkatz kind of sums it up.....quite nicely, I might add....

OK, so when I first tried it, I gave this one the "it's nice", but kind of sniffed and passed.....

I am trying it again, in light of the upcoming sale, and I have to say it is really growing on me.....I think that the ODE written by stkatz kind of sums it up.....quite nicely, I might add....

Thank you so much, Dolly! This is one scent that I love more every time I wear it. I picked up a second bottle recently and am definitely going to get another when the sale starts. Good thing I'm getting OT at my job right now!

Thank you so much, Dolly! This is one scent that I love more every time I wear it. I picked up a second bottle recently and am definitely going to get another when the sale starts. Good thing I'm getting OT at my job right now!

I'm currently considering a bottle, too....

• 2 weeks later...

this is gorgeous!

at first i get the sweetness of the amber and it seems a bit typical, but then this wonderful almost woodsy smokiness comes out and gives this scent a twist that's truly unique and intoxicating.

i'm loving this one and wish i'd tried it much, much sooner!

it smells earthy, sexy, and confident.

good stuff!

• 6 months later...
I loooooooooove this. Its beautiful and had so much potential. My skin drinks this so it's not a keeper for me. Its warm amber loveliness with creamy undertones with a warm spiciness. My skin sucked it all up though and turned it into sweetness on my skin in about 1/2 an hour.

This would be so beautiful on the right person.

EDIT: I ended up buying two bottle during the sale and love this. It's funny to look at all the different reviews, sounds like this scent is really different on each person. I totally slather this one and it still disappears. It's lovely anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Ok, so I caved & ordered a bottle of this on the sale thread....

I think I need a 12 step program...

I'd like to help you there, but I've 2 bottles of Lioness, one spiked with Open Windows... I love this one!

Ok, so I caved & ordered a bottle of this on the sale thread....

I think I need a 12 step program...

Apparently I do too, because I did the same exact thing...

But come on! It's honey! Dates! Cream! Amber! In the name of sexy deliciousness, how can you go wrong???

Edited by Invidiana

I'm glad I got a bottle of this unsniffed. It dries down to a very sophisticated, elegant scent that is another one I could totally wear to the office. I love the Myrrh in it & the creaminess.

Thanks for the great descriptions ladies. You were the ones who prompted me to take a chance on this one.

I ordered this in spray - unsniffed - just from the reviews. It doesnt smell anything like i expected - it smells BETTER. I cant pick out individual notes in fragrances - just wait for drydown. Well, this one is gorgeous. Smelled good when i sprayed it in the room - smelled good when i sprayed it on, and smells even better on, after about an hour and a half. This one is definitely a keeper

Hi. :)

When you want to post a review in this section, you can do a search to find the existing thread for the fragrance and just add to it...it makes it easier for everyone to decide what they might like to try if the reviews are all together for each scent.