Love Potion: Red

thatonegirl

I just got my sample of this and tried it. It might just be my weird chemistry, but I smelled like a giant caramel. One thing I have to say though is I smelled like a caramel all day--definite staying power! I'm going to try it again and see if I get the same result.

I definetly get a rich caramel like scent with this one. I have a bottle of this with pheros added and find that it lightens perfectly for me. This one is also great to mix with other LP goodies. Have fun testing ^_^

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definetly get a rich caramel like scent with this one. I have a bottle of this with pheros added and find that it lightens perfectly for me. This one is also great to mix with other LP goodies. Have fun testing :banana052:

Regular LP is doing the same. But a friend thought I smelled really good, so that's all that matters!

Regular LP is doing the same. But a friend thought I smelled really good, so that's all that matters!

I do find that the LP signature scents are delicious but very strong for me. I use them for mixers :banana052: I figured I like them a lil less concentrated cuz they are LOVELY scents.

I do find that the LP signature scents are delicious but very strong for me. I use them for mixers :banana052: I figured I like them a lil less concentrated cuz they are LOVELY scents.

With what do you mix them?? There are so many elements to LP that I wouldn't know where to start....

With what do you mix them?? There are so many elements to LP that I wouldn't know where to start....

Well I have a bottle of LP RED that has Unscented pheros added and it has made it a lighter scent. I have heard from other ladies that when you get M&D add pheros to a scent it tones it down. So it is sooo potent. So that might work nicely.

Otherwise I apply my LP RED and then my Cuddle Bunny on either wrist and mix :waiting:

• 2 weeks later...

This batch seems more spicy to me as opposed to the batch I got a bottle from a while back. The cinnamon is very strong on my skin during the wet stage, and after dry down I still get the Big Red gum scent. I might have to let this one age a little before trying again.

This has got to be my favorite so far. Sexy Cinnamon vanilla. I get buttercream frosting too??? :)

Oh, then you should try Scandalous. It is exclusive to Magical Omaha. Check out the review thread on that one. It is LP Red with a twist (literally, LP Red with some additional Cinnamon and Amber).

I think this one is definitely a keeper. I definitely got the cinnamon and possibly the maple syrup....come to think of it the maple syrup is what I smell the most. LOL. The only thing is that when it dries the scent sort of fades a bit on my skin. Do u think it is possibly because my skin is so dry it sucked it up? LOL. I only applied it behind my ears, on my neck and on my wrists...but it definitely is a very sweet and yummy scent. :rolleyes: Oh I almost forgot to mention that I ALWAYS make sure to give my samples a very good shake before application...

Edited by j5382001

I love LP red, it was one of the first ones i got a dupe of, the first time i wore it, it lasted all day the second time it got drunk up by my skin - i think since i am on a clean the system by flooding with water my skin chemistry is off - oh well what ever doesn't work can go in a scent locket (ie cotton ball in my bra)

LOL. Hmmm...I am curious to know now what exactly is a scent locket? (is it just a cotton ball or can it be something else? hehe) I have heard the term used here quite often on the forums and where exactly can one buy one? I know it probably sounds like a silly question but I have come to realize that the only silly questions are the ones that are never asked...so I am asking. LOL. By the way I love everyone's reviews it does help alot but I think my own chemistry is wacky...sort of like me...It's hard not to become addicted to LP perfumes.... :CHEERS~19:

Edited by j5382001

As I've said before, this smells like sexy cinnamon sugar cookies on me, but my Mom thinks I smell like a bonfire when wearing it. :CHEERS~19: She told me I smelled like I had been standing next to wood fire. I don't get that all, maybe she isn't used to smelling cinnamon in perfumes & that is what smells smokey to her.

LOL. Hmmm...I am curious to know now what exactly is a scent locket? (is it just a cotton ball or can it be something else? hehe) I have heard the term used here quite often on the forums and where exactly can one buy one? I know it probably sounds like a silly question but I have come to realize that the only silly questions are the ones that are never asked...so I am asking. LOL. By the way I love everyone's reviews it does help alot but I think my own chemistry is wacky...sort of like me...It's hard not to become addicted to LP perfumes.... :003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

see http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.p...&hl=lockets and http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1808 hope it helps !

liz :CHEERS~19:

ps: I had a teacher that once told me "a stupid question is a question never asked" so ask away, I'm 50 and I'm STILL looking for answers :CHEERS~19: .

LOL. Hmmm...I am curious to know now what exactly is a scent locket? (is it just a cotton ball or can it be something else? hehe) I have heard the term used here quite often on the forums and where exactly can one buy one? I know it probably sounds like a silly question but I have come to realize that the only silly questions are the ones that are never asked...so I am asking. LOL. By the way I love everyone's reviews it does help alot but I think my own chemistry is wacky...sort of like me...It's hard not to become addicted to LP perfumes.... :CHEERS~19:

Sorry J #'s - it is an open weave locket - amazon.com has some great ones, i have not gotten one yet so another trick the ladies gave me is to put some on the scent on a cotton ball or a piece of cotton material put it in your bra and your skin will still warm it so you can sniff away without it absorbing it all p - that has worked for me so i do that until i decide which locket i want :CHEERS~19:

Thanks for the tips liz and knjsavy...I guess I got alot of homework to do huh? LOL. You guys give some great tips for us newbies....It shows doesn't it? hehe

I'm still a newbie myself and just pass along the great ideas the ladies here gave me - let me know how it works out for you

• 2 weeks later...

LP Red is great. It's one of my favorites. It works well for encouraging sexiness with someone who is hesitatnt (or frigid haha). I added blatant invitation to a bottle and it is best not worn out in public. Men and women look at me lkike they want to devour me and lock me in a cage in their basement.

• 1 month later...

This is very nice. Buttery cinnamon. It wears pretty close to my skin, i don't get dramatic throw with red, thought there would be more 'waftability'. lp pink has way more throw on me.

these perfumes will always surprise me; i had imagined red to be more KAPOW! instead it is softly spiced, creamed with butter and kissed with sweetened cinnamon. native soil has more cinnamon punch, Lp red reminds me of spiced-cake batter. i ordered bubble bath, lotion and a bottle of lp red to layer this long awaited scent, even layered it is subtle, albeit gorgeous. i think this and it's B & B products will be used with some unscented BI for those 'sexy times'. to appreciate red i think you have to get up close and physical.

This is very nice. Buttery cinnamon. It wears pretty close to my skin, i don't get dramatic throw with red, thought there would be more 'waftability'. lp pink has way more throw on me.

these perfumes will always surprise me; i had imagined red to be more KAPOW! instead it is softly spiced, creamed with butter and kissed with sweetened cinnamon. native soil has more cinnamon punch, Lp red reminds me of spiced-cake batter. i ordered bubble bath, lotion and a bottle of lp red to layer this long awaited scent, even layered it is subtle, albeit gorgeous. i think this and it's B & B products will be used with some unscented BI for those 'sexy times'. to appreciate red i think you have to get up close and physical.

I find this one to have CRAZY throw and to be actually too strong for me at times (however it is perfect with pheros added). I wonder if the new batch isnt as Potent with the notes that were giving me the throw... hmmm... I have a sample of the newest batch coming in my next order so I will let you know what I think :D

LP Red has always been subtle on me, which is one reason I like to layer it with Black, to give it some oomph.

'waftability'

Heh...you mean sillage?

i bought a bottle of this unsniffed and am glad i did. this is gorgeous. buttery, smooth, sexy cinnamon...and my hubby loves it! he was all frisky and touchy-feely as soon as i put just a tiny bit on...i guess this stuff works.

i put just a couple of swipes on this morning when i picked my package up from the post office, and now it's after 5 p.m. and it's still nice and strong.

i can't stop smelling myself in this one.

it really is just luscious, sexiness in a bottle!

*swoon* ^_^

• 2 months later...

I've bought a full bottle of this one...just a little nervous to try it again lol, but I love the smell from my last trial vial...

name='Ail )O(' date='Apr 28 2008, 05:50 AM' post='11269'

First I made up a dry-oil spray, and this is how I did it.. I filled a 1 oz bottle with 15mls of Cyclomethicone, 12 mls of fractionated organic coconut oil (I sometimes use Shea oil to make these too) and 3 mls of LP Red.

Quick question? What makes a good natural oil replacement for the cyclomethicone? That kind of stuff(although loads better than mineral oil) still tends to sit on my skin. Or is that effect you want? To keep the fragrance diffusing. Would you know how I could make a homemade body spray out of my LP. Like a spritz, maybe alcohol based?

name='Ail )O(' date='Apr 28 2008, 05:50 AM' post='11269'

Quick question? What makes a good natural oil replacement for the cyclomethicone? That kind of stuff(although loads better than mineral oil) still tends to sit on my skin. Or is that effect you want? To keep the fragrance diffusing. Would you know how I could make a homemade body spray out of my LP. Like a spritz, maybe alcohol based?

I use cyclo for the dry oil sprays that I make....it doesn't feel as greasy then....what it does it create kind of a barrier....and it does help the pheros diffuse better, IMO....I buy all of my unscented pheros in D5.....

For a spritz, you would probably want some perfumer's alcohol.....I stopped using straight alcohol-based products because they burn off so fast....

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Well I have a bottle of LP RED that has Unscented pheros added and it has made it a lighter scent. I have heard from other ladies that when you get M&D add pheros to a scent it tones it down. So it is sooo potent. So that might work nicely.

Otherwise I apply my LP RED and then my Cuddle Bunny on either wrist and mix :lol:

I got a bottle of Red amped with BI and it did indeed "water" down the scent some. It was lighter and smelled kind of like eggnog. I prefer the scent strong and next time I get a bottle, it will not be amped with pheros. I am almost out of Red. Wish I had more money.

I got a bottle of Red amped with BI and it did indeed "water" down the scent some. It was lighter and smelled kind of like eggnog. I prefer the scent strong and next time I get a bottle, it will not be amped with pheros. I am almost out of Red. Wish I had more money.

Just a thought.....are you shaking the bottle? Not that they all need it, but I have had several of the scents come out smelling a little more potent and sometimes different after a good shake.....I now give them all a good shake before application....especially if they have pheros blended in.....

I'm absolutely IN LOVE with my LP Red. I will never be without a bottle. It starts off very much like cinnamon incense with a touch of sweetness when wet, then dries to a slightly spicy caramel smell on me. Everyone seems to love the smell and I get compliments all the time. I have the OCCO Red and the the smell is more like the sweet caramel smell of LP Red's dry down than it's opening spicy scent. Less silage with the OCCO Red than the LP Red though it seems. I still really like it though.

Been thinking of trying to blend in some BI with some of the LP Red to soften it a bit (well, to soften the scent that is...I know I'm going to amp up the va va voom factor). Will have to go through the threads & read up on the best way to do that.

Edited by 2ndStar2Right