Love Potion: Red

thatonegirl

Have you tried Black?

Not yet!

Rouge reminds me of Red a bit but at least to me Red is way better, hotter, sexier etc. I like Rouge too, but Red ... OMG it's so sexy yet elegant and combined with OCCO Red, there are no words!!!

I have received the weird comments of hukkah smell etc but i don't care, i love the scent way to much to let them get to me :)

I'm sure you will like it a lot.

Sounds great from how you describe it... even strange hookah comments!

Edited by donsie

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the hookah comments mostly because for a minut there they make me feel uncomfortable but to be honest i don't really get understand them.

To me LP Red smells nothing like hokkah. If hookah smelled like LP Red, I'd be smoking that thing all day long :smiley-laughing024:

I sometimes get the incense comments too, again to my nose LP Red smells nothing like that. I wish i could find incense sticks that smelled like LP Red! Now that would be awesome!

To me LP Red is yummy, sweet and spicy (cinnamon) and delicious. I guess people aren't used to these type of scents mostly because most of them if not all of them wear typical store baught scents.

I can see the incense comment after it dries down but its not overpowering. I agree that I don't understand the hookah comments at all. Phoebe, you could tell them that your other job is a sultry lounge singer in some swank club that smells like LP Red. :oscar-red-carpet-1:

I love the honey in LP Black and the spicy sweetness of LP Red. I should try LP Pink.

I've deffo got comments about incense before with a whole range of perfumes, even when I didn't think they particularly smelled like it (e.g. Sexology III). I guess some people just associate certain scents they can't quite place withing the context of what they know, whether that is incense or something else smoky.

• 2 weeks later...

LP Red definitely has an incensey fragrance aspect to it. You can tone that down a bit with some Sugared Apricot or a little OCCo Red. I know my kids have mentioned it. Isn't there a mention of "incensey" in the general description?IDK, it's been a long time since I've looked.

Pure Sugar also tones it down a bit. I'm just careful about where I wear Big Red. I see it sort of like a Phero, in the sense that I only wear it at what I think are appropriate times. It's not what I call "work friendly". Its more lounge & play for me.

Edited by StacyK

• 3 weeks later...

Just received a funny text from my bride. She's been wearing LP: Red to work for the last 2 weeks as sort of an aromatherapy because she's been hating her job lately. Her text was this:

'I have to stop wearing Red to work. 'Steve' (her boss) has been coming around every little while to chat.'

Let's just say she's not a fan of the guy. He's tried to have her fired previously. Then she got divorced and he hit on her until he found out she was getting married again. Then he went back to being a jerk. Apparently she's going to have to find another scent to help lift her up at work.

^^^ :lol: Too true Donsie!

Sounds like a real charmer, that one. What's another one that may make him behave, LFM? MLH? Duel signal - sexy Red, but you mind your manners!

I finally got an incense comment. A coworkers asked if he could not sit next to me on a plane because I a) wear too stong of perfume and B) it smells like incense. So I told him to f--k off. He doesn't deserve to sit next to my LPMP greatness.

So the next day I nailed him by wearing LP Black at a dinner function. Boo yah.

I get mixed comments for LP Red. I find it so weird. I love this scent especially for colder months. I burn incense and this smells nothing like it!

Some people think i smell like incense, others like coffee, others like cinnamon, others like a hukkah and others like vanilla ... go figure.

Funny thing is that they are either going to love it or they are going to hate it, there is no in between with this one.

I do love it, and i have awesome and intense memories from wearing this but i do feel self conscious at times because i don't know what to expect from others.

Johnsonlisa didn't he have any comments on the LP Black??? LOL!

OHMYGOSH!!! I've gotten the hukkah comment too :lol: Or candle, women usually go for the "what smells like a candle?" thing.

With the exception of 1 friend who dislikes patch, most mean it in a "something smells good but I can't quite identify it" way. It's actually similar types of comments for black as well...hmmm....

My bride has gotten the candle question while wearing Red. She only has a trial vial of LP: Black right now but she's had someone ask if she smelled brown sugar and she proudly said, 'That's me!'

Guest cutie.pie

I finally got an incense comment. A coworkers asked if he could not sit next to me on a plane because I a) wear too stong of perfume and B) it smells like incense. So I told him to f--k off. He doesn't deserve to sit next to my LPMP greatness.

:rofl222:

ETA: You're my hero! :)

Edited by cutie.pie

Boo yah!

For some reason, last night I suddenly got obsessed with finding my bottle of LP Red and wearing it to sleep in... usually I think of it as a fall/winter scent but things had cooled off a bit with the thunderstorms.

OMG!!! I have always loved Red, but somehow my current bottle has aged to pure perfection. The cinnamon is warm but perfectly tempered by the vanilla for a rich, full-bodied sexy sweetness. I could not stop huffing my arm! Also, when I woke up this morning, there were lush quiet traces still remaining.

I was going to wear Farmhouse Afternoon today, since I'm spending the afternoon at the farmhouse that inspired it, but with this cold rainy day I think I need more LP Red!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a silly question, but excactly how much caution should one exercise when wearing this (without hops or pheros)? Do people react more strongly to red than pheros? I'm a bit apprehensive after reading the description page. I live in a strange area (there are a lot more men compared to women). Has anything super spooky happened to anyone traveling alone wearing red?

This is a silly question, but excactly how much caution should one exercise when wearing this (without hops or pheros)? Do people react more strongly to red than pheros? I'm a bit apprehensive after reading the description page. I live in a strange area (there are a lot more men compared to women). Has anything super spooky happened to anyone traveling alone wearing red?

First of all let me say that i need to come to your area because i have trouble finding a man where ilive... :P

I love LP Red, mostly because it reminds me of good old days and a certain someone that i'm trying to bring in my life again... I have to say though i get mixed comments for it, from both men and women.

I get the hookah comment quite often, or the "something smell like coffee, incense etc".

I also get positive comments though from people who can appreciate its complexity and depth.

As far as anythong spooky goes, no, nothing that i can recall.

First of all let me say that i need to come to your area because i have trouble finding a man where ilive... :P

I love LP Red, mostly because it reminds me of good old days and a certain someone that i'm trying to bring in my life again... I have to say though i get mixed comments for it, from both men and women.

I get the hookah comment quite often, or the "something smell like coffee, incense etc".

I also get positive comments though from people who can appreciate its complexity and depth.

As far as anythong spooky goes, no, nothing that i can recall.

Haha, well they say "the odds are good but the goods are odd." I basically live in a major ski bum area, so all of the guys are ski bums who have smoked so much weed they have effictively lobotomized themselves. Super boring!

Thaks for sharing your experiences. I'm excited to try out red. I can't wait to smell some of the complex things that are going on with it. I ordered it because it is something very different than what I usually would wear, but I'm in a phase of my life where I am trying new things, lol.

lexykin,

I'm still doing that as well (trying out new scents). Scent receptors are right in the brain, so I figure I'm rewiring or keeping things flexible in there. Scent affects me a lot, as do pheromones. It's both a curse and a blessing to be so sensitive :) Good luck on your journey !! I cant comment on LP Red but I adore OCCO Red.

Haha, well they say "the odds are good but the goods are odd." I basically live in a major ski bum area, so all of the guys are ski bums who have smoked so much weed they have effictively lobotomized themselves. Super boring!

Thaks for sharing your experiences. I'm excited to try out red. I can't wait to smell some of the complex things that are going on with it. I ordered it because it is something very different than what I usually would wear, but I'm in a phase of my life where I am trying new things, lol.

"all of the guys are ski bums who have smoked so much weed they have effictively lobotomized themselves" :smiley-laughing024: :smiley-laughing024: :smiley-laughing024:

My first ever purchase from LPMP was a sample of LP Red and one of OCCO Red. I couldn't describe the scent, i couldn't put my finger on it but it was such a pleasant, calming, familiar yet seductive scent ... i was hooked immediately! Imagine that my next (i don't know - 4 orders?) were all LP red and OCCO Red ... i just ciouldn't get enough of it! I'm sure you'll love it. It's way different than regular fragrances, that's why you might get mixed comments, but i love it :)

Haha, well they say "the odds are good but the goods are odd." I basically live in a major ski bum area, so all of the guys are ski bums who have smoked so much weed they have effictively lobotomized themselves. Super boring!.

:lol: :lol:

Just FYI, Red with SUGARED Apricots is wonderful and it tones down the incensey vibe but doesn't demolish the intended fragrance.

Edited by StacyK

• 4 months later...

When first applied this is red hot cinnamon and warm syrup, very much like molasses having that dirty, earthy element. Gourmand delight, yet very sexy. During drydown, I find the fragrance to become slightly powdery, but in a luxe amber/patch sensual powder. After wear, the perfume becomes warm, sweet cinnamon. It's like I'm getting wafts of gingerbread baking. yummo!

I love to combine Sugared Apricots with LP Red and OCCO Red together. In fact, I mixed some of these together in a sample vial so I can refresh when I'm out. However, as it's very warm and humid, I do not have much opportunities to use this combination as much as I would like.

I guess the cinnamon in LP Red does not work well with my skin chemistry (which is odd because I love cinnamon) . But I don't mind, at least I will not go broke :) I prefer LP O and LP Pink.

IMO The trick to LP Red (and O, Black, Exotica..) Let it age. If you have a trial stuck it away for 6+ months then try again. It's the only cinnamon heavy fragrance I can wear. My bottle is 2 years old and it smells better than ever. My LP o is the same age, i didn't think much of it at first but age is kind to Some of these.

IMO The trick to LP Red (and O, Black, Exotica..) Let it age. If you have a trial stuck it away for 6+ months then try again. It's the only cinnamon heavy fragrance I can wear. My bottle is 2 years old and it smells better than ever. My LP o is the same age, i didn't think much of it at first but age is kind to Some of these.

Ok, I will keep my sample. But I liked LP O right away... no need to age.

• 1 month later...

I'm really liking this. I'm learning that my skin eats vanilla quite a bit, so I have a lot of cinnamon and patchouli left with this one. I prefer not too much patchouli, so I added a bit of Sugared Honeycomb and that tamped the patchouli down. I love cinnamon and how that smells on me. I kept sniffing my testing arm :001_302:

On a different day I layered this with Rocket Fuel because, when testing out RF, my skin ate most of it and left only a slight toasted almond scent. I wanted a fragrance boost and these two worked out well together, as expected.

Edited by Witty Kitty

All of these variants age beautifully. Even ones I didn't think I liked were beautifully balanced after months to a year of aging. There's only one that I can't get to work for me, Black.

• 4 weeks later...

I had put this away for most of the year and focused on the New Releases, which is a total shame because this is still.just.so.drop.dead.gorgeous !

Edited by androstenol

I had put this away for most of the year and focused on the New Releases, which is a total shame because this is still.just.so.drop.dead.gorgeous !

I did the same thing but came back to it the other day. It ages so nice, like meeting an old friend and finding out that while they've been gone they have grown even more wonderful.

• 7 months later...

I forgot how powerful of a man magnet LP Red is. I had it on yesterday & had to make a run to Walmart. I was not even remotely friendly to anyone because I was there getting Epsom salts since my whole body has been aching due to my woman time. I really felt awful, & I was spending way too much time kind of crouched down looking at this face cream because I just didn't want to get up. I kind of became aware of a guy standing near me but was ignoring him. I finally got up & he asked me if this was where the sunburn stuff was. I was not in the mood so I brusquely pointed him to the sunscreen aisle. :lol: I get the sense that poor man waited all that time to get a chance to talk to me.

P

I forgot how powerful of a man magnet LP Red is. I had it on yesterday & had to make a run to Walmart. I was not even remotely friendly to anyone because I was there getting Epsom salts since my whole body has been aching due to my woman time. I really felt awful, & I was spending way too much time kind of crouched down looking at this face cream because I just didn't want to get up. I kind of became aware of a guy standing near me but was ignoring him. I finally got up & he asked me if this was where the sunburn stuff was. I was not in the mood so I brusquely pointed him to the sunscreen aisle. :lol: I get the sense that poor man waited all that time to get a chance to talk to me.

Poor fella

My hubby always says I smell like Christmas morning and cookies when I wear LP red

• 2 months later...

I've been meaning to review this one for awhile now, somehow I always end up side tracked with other threads I come across while searching... Lol, I swear reading the forums is an addiction by itself. The description alone sold me so when my order arrived this baby was the first to go on, unsniffed and all. Immediately I fell in love. I felt like I was wrapped in a warm blanket of scent greatness. I couldn't help but to keep sniffing myself all night! My other half wasn't around for this trial but I think it made me attracted to MYSELF!!! I couldn't get enough of me lmao! I've worn this many times since, sometimes with pheros and other scents and I've never been disappointed. Sometimes a different note is more obvious to my nose making it slightly different than the last time I wore it..but when/if that does occur its somehow even more perfect!!!

I think I might need a second job to support my new addiction!!! ???

And thank you ladies for all the advice and information you post, it has helped me tremendously through my LPMP journey.