Love Potion: Red

thatonegirl

I had LP Red & OCCO Red on last Friday. A colleague of mine stopped to talk to me and told me that I smelt so nice that she wanted to bite me. She couldn't tell me what was so nice about the scent (like if I smell like a cookie, etc). I don't work closely with her but I remember I was wearing the same combo the last time she was this close to me.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this like Buns of Cinn??? I used to say nono to Cinnamon but I've grown to LOVE the spicy aspect of cinnamon!!! :):):drunk: Not addicted yet but I have a feeling I will :hearts09793:

Although they share a cinnamon note, neither OCCO Red nor LP Red smell like Buns of Cinn, which was created to be an actual cinnamon bun scent.

Although they share a cinnamon note, neither OCCO Red nor LP Red smell like Buns of Cinn, which was created to be an actual cinnamon bun scent.

Heehee... Thankyou luna! Might have a sample of this in my coming order :)

Though I posted on this thread... maybe not.

I love LP red in the bottle and when it first goes on. After awhile though it still smells good, but not as good as when it first goes on. I think I will order a bottle though so I can have something w/o pheros to wear.

I've read that LP original is nice too. Maybe will sample that and choose between the two for full bottle.

Though I posted on this thread... maybe not.

I love LP red in the bottle and when it first goes on. After awhile though it still smells good, but not as good as when it first goes on. I think I will order a bottle though so I can have something w/o pheros to wear.

I've read that LP original is nice too. Maybe will sample that and choose between the two for full bottle.

I'd get them both! LOL

Seriously, they are both great......

What don't you like about LP Red after a while?

LP Red is very spicy on wet then it mellows down. I love to use it together with OCCO Red.

I have tried LP Original once and I didn't like it but I have not revisited it after so many months.

• 2 weeks later...

This has a subtle spicy darkness over creamy sweetness. Spices, the resiny love of patchouli and amber and that sweet familar LP vanilla note.

What don't you like about LP Red after a while?

LP Red is very spicy on wet then it mellows down. I love to use it together with OCCO Red.

I have tried LP Original once and I didn't like it but I have not revisited it after so many months.

It turns sort of sour on me after awhile. Just a little. I am trying to find with the scents I am drawn to (spicy scnets) if it's the patchouli note that does this or the amber. I know musk and me do not get along, so I try and avoid that. Shame though because I really love LP red in the bottle.

Surprisingly Sparkle Fuscia is my #1 fave scent. Never thought. I smell like cake, but in a warm skin way. love it.

It turns sort of sour on me after awhile. Just a little. I am trying to find with the scents I am drawn to (spicy scnets) if it's the patchouli note that does this or the amber. I know musk and me do not get along, so I try and avoid that. Shame though because I really love LP red in the bottle.

I don't know if a layer of CPS before you apply LP Red will do the trick.

• 2 months later...

I dug out my old sample of this and wore it today. Just a teeny tiny dab since it was warm out and I knew the cinnamon would bloom on me. I used no pheros at all. Wow, the effects of this thing!! Compliments galore, but my favorite reaction was when I was standing in line in the store. the man in front of me kept sniffing over his shoulder and gradually worked his way around until he was facing my direction. Then when it was his turn to check out, he took one last big sniff and faced the cash registry. :D

the man in front of me kept sniffing over his shoulder and gradually worked his way around until he was facing my direction. Then when it was his turn to check out, he took one last big sniff and faced the cash registry. :)

This is so funny, BlueBear! Although foody scents are not commonly used here, one of my female colleague loves the way LP Red turns out on me so much that she can't help smelling me. I gave her my sample so she can have a kick out of sniffing herself.

LP Red plus OCCO Red for the win! Literally had my clothes torn off. Literally, not figuratively. Fortunately I wasn't very attached to the shorts I was wearing at the time.

LP Red plus OCCO Red for the win! Literally had my clothes torn off. Literally, not figuratively. Fortunately I wasn't very attached to the shorts I was wearing at the time.

Yeah baby...now thats what I'm talkin about !

One of my all-time fav combos,mmmmm,and now you and he have that scent memory deeply implanted,so to speak :alien_dance:

Oh yes, I have to chime in that LP Red and OCCO Red combo is a winner with me, a non-foody!

I looked at my LP Red Sample yesterday and couldn't believe how much I 've used. Normally I use about 10-25% of samples then buy a bottle... Which leads me to the conclusion~ this is a STAPLE. Like toothpaste or socks. Like milk in the fridge- I must bathe in this or sleepscent and it never even occured to me until now. That has to be it. I sleepscent. I love this so much I have cracked open my vial and slathered it on in the middle of the night for the past month or so. I am so investing in a bottle. I think it's time.

I looked at my LP Red Sample yesterday and couldn't believe how much I 've used. Normally I use about 10-25% of samples then buy a bottle... Which leads me to the conclusion~ this is a STAPLE. Like toothpaste or socks. Like milk in the fridge- I must bathe in this or sleepscent and it never even occured to me until now. That has to be it. I sleepscent. I love this so much I have cracked open my vial and slathered it on in the middle of the night for the past month or so. I am so investing in a bottle. I think it's time.

definitely LV !!

I try to have reserves of LP Black AND LP Red at all times, I've gone thru 2 3/4 full sz btls and about to dip into my last btl, so it's time to restock LP Red !!

SO glad it's PERMANENT LP ! :001_302:

Edited by liz

definitely LV !!

I try to have reserves of LP Black AND LP Red at all times, I've gone thru 2 3/4 full sz btls and about to dip into my last btl, so it's time to restock LP Red !!

SO glad it's PERMANENT LP ! :001_302:

I LOVE LP BLACK!! I have it in the body butter also!!

• 2 weeks later...
...now i want to try lp red, lp black and this occo red. I love spicy/foody scents so much.

The best part is that if you get hooked on LP Red/Black, it's always available :666:

I LOVE LP BLACK!! I have it in the body butter also!!

Is it odd that I saw that you had it in "Body Shots" instead of body butter?? Something is wrong with me I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm...

Initial impression (wet): Not sure. It's almost a little too heavy on the sweetness as opposed to the cinnamon, and I was looking for more cinnamon.

Secondary impression (drydown): No likey. It smells like the back of a floral decor shop...that dried herbs smell...it's a lovely smell, just not for me, on my body. Not a sexy scent on me.

A little later: It has morphed to...rootbeer! Okay, not bad, not offensive, even a bit sweet and nice, I could layer this with something for sure; I just don't like having to wait so long to like it. And it's not a snarf-my-own-arm scent. ETA: I have just found that layering this with Closer does sex things up and is QUITE a nice combination...smells like a very sexy Christmas party! I will have to remember this for the coming winter!

Overall, I can definitely see why this translates as sexy for many people (most people?). My body chemistry is a little different from the norm; my body pulls weird notes. I'm definitely keeping this one as it ends up being a nice scent, very pleasant, but too dried flowers/RenFest-ey for me as an everyday scent.

Edited by WildAutumn

Hmmm...

Initial impression (wet): Not sure. It's almost a little too heavy on the sweetness as opposed to the cinnamon, and I was looking for more cinnamon.

Secondary impression (drydown): No likey. It smells like the back of a floral decor shop...that dried herbs smell...it's a lovely smell, just not for me, on my body. Not a sexy scent on me.

A little later: It has morphed to...rootbeer! Okay, not bad, not offensive, even a bit sweet and nice, I could layer this with something for sure; I just don't like having to wait so long to like it. And it's not a snarf-my-own-arm scent. ETA: I have just found that layering this with Closer does sex things up and is QUITE a nice combination...smells like a very sexy Christmas party! I will have to remember this for the coming winter!

Overall, I can definitely see why this translates as sexy for many people (most people?). My body chemistry is a little different from the norm; my body pulls weird notes. I'm definitely keeping this one as it ends up being a nice scent, very pleasant, but too dried flowers/RenFest-ey for me as an everyday scent.

It is strange how this one is always changing. Sometimes on me it is ALL CINNAMON and other times more SYRUP/VANILLA on me. I usually love it but I do wish I knew which direction it was going to go in...sometimes I don't want so much cinnamon. Never know until it's too late!! And I second the Sexy Christmas Party scent.

Every man I have had contact with this one loves it though!!!!! WIth men you can't lose with this or Occo Red I say!!!

Edited by missdarlyncherie

It is strange how this one is always changing. Sometimes on me it is ALL CINNAMON and other times more SYRUP/VANILLA on me. I usually love it but I do wish I knew which direction it was going to go in...sometimes I don't want so much cinnamon. Never know until it's too late!! And I second the Sexy Christmas Party scent.

Every man I have had contact with this one loves it though!!!!! WIth men you can't lose with this or Occo Red I say!!!

It really is weird how that happens for some scents and some people, isn't it? I'm going to go give LP Red another shot. ETA: You know, it's weird...I don't get that eucalyptus-y flower shop smell this time...could it be that I was tainted from all the fragrances I was trying? This time I have it on right out of the bath. VERY cinnamon. I do love cinnamon...had the hubby sniff it, he said "that's nice, honey" noncommittally, but as I've said in another post, he's just "meh" on fragrances in general.

I wish I had a young horny man who likes fragrances around to tell me how these really smell!!

Edited by WildAutumn

I wish I had a young horny man who likes fragrances around to tell me how these really smell!!

You can always ask a close male colleague for his opinion. That was what I did when I first started with LP and I think I got him hooked (or at least conditioned) to tell me how he feels about my scent on a daily basis. He still sniffs me when I see him (I left the organisation about 6 months ago).

Sometimes you don't need folks around you to tell you whether they like the scent or not. You can tell from their reaction.

@WA I think there's something about the complexity and naturalness of the LP line that makes people need an adjustment period to "get" them. I know I'm not alone here in not having been too crazy at first about LP Original and LP Red, in particular, but gave it a few more tries and then fell madly in love. Do keep trying...

Oh yeah,I was one who did not like LP Red all that much the first time I tried it,damn that is hard for me to believe now :lol: LP Red and OCCO Red is one of my very fav combos,the sweet sexy smokey drydown for hours afterward...mmmm,mmm,ya know,I have LP Red boosted with Cougar too,I think that and some OR is gonna be my choice for tonight. LP Red alone is a man magnet,so that combo will be dangerous,yeah baby ^_^

I didn't like this at first either. It was almost cough syrupy on me. After it aged a bit, it got better. (Or maybe like Tyveh said, I got used to LP fragrances.) Now I love, love, LOVE it. So don't give up. Try wearing it with other stuff too. Sometimes I'll wear it in my cleavage and wear something else on my wrists and neck. You get just the hint of LP deliciousness. Causes whiplash in everyone around you, male or female! I had this one combo, i think maybe it was with a commercial fragrance I own, that was the olfactory equivalent of grabbing a man by his tie and pulling him behind me!!

• 2 months later...

I have been wearing this nonstop for the last few days with OCCO Red. I'll need a new bottle of both, because I'm running through them at light speed! Aaaargh!

I LOVE this scent. At initial application, I feel like a luscious, ripe apricot warming in the sun- because that blooms on me first. As time passes, the scent dries down to a very spicy vanilla creme. I've noticed my skin eats this up a bit- so I can slather and it always dries down to more of a lovely veil than an overpowering miasma.

I also have layered with with OCCO White when I want to amp the vanilla. I think if I had one scent I could bring to a deserted island with me, I might have to pick LP Red (although I have to try PD and Pink before I make my decision).

• 5 weeks later...

I found myself wearing this all weekend, and only craving it more and more...

When I wear this I feel all cinnamony cute....I know this a passion potion that inspires lust and all that, but when I wear it I've noticed people perceive me as approachable and friendlier....It has great staying power and the scent really gets out there, everyone noticed it and would ask..is that you who smells like canelita? Cinnamon/canela....but they described it as a soft cinnamon, it didn't go spicy on me....For sexiness, LP Black, but for cuteness, LP Red...love it so much....

I tried this one layered with LAM in PA once to sex it up and it worked reaaaally well...have to get me some Occos to layer it

Edited by Gabylicious

Okay, I will never, EVER be without this again. I had on my LP red boosted with BI the other night, and the sweet young thing I have been flirting with for months couldn't keep his hands off of me! FINALLY, lol! He was utterly captivated, to my delight. Then, cab dropped me off at my house and he left in the cab to go home. 5 minutes later, my doorbell rang, and there he was. He just wasn't ready to leave me yet. It was a rough next day at work, but SO totally worth it ;) LOVING the LP red!!!

Can I say, I'm so glad that this is permanent? LP: Red is what I've been wearing on the colder days. It just warms me up and makes me feel so very cozy. It's a very silky cinnamon scent melded into a touch a rose and a creamy vanilla. There's a fruitiness in it and since it's a variant of LP:OG I wanna say that it's the apricot. Whatever it is it give the oil a fleshy quality. I like fleshy scents, this is a good thing. I mean fleshy as in a chunk of dewy, soft, supple, smooth, and sensual skin. I feel absolutely awesome in this and really would never have imagined myself to do so prior to trying it out.

• 1 month later...

Well, I have just brought this and love it. It leaves me with a warm glow, at first I thought it smelled too strong for the me. Now I have worn it alone, all the rich tones slowly waft out ... cinnamon, vanilla and the dark sugars,yumm.....

Just one question though if wearing it with an UN pheromone, should i put the pheromone on first and then the scent?