Love Potion: Red

thatonegirl

6 hours ago, livinlavidacabo said:

I know - there is ZERO comparing commercial anything to LP. LP's are the bestest but here I am wondering, if maybe, Red would smell on me, the way someone had hoped Cinnabar from Estee smelled on someone else (not an ex)

If I were wandering around in the 80's and I smelled fantastic, and I happened to have chosen original non-reformilated Opium as my signature fragrance, and someone gushingly told me how fabulous I smelled and I knew that  that they were going to copy me, guess what I would tell them I was wearing? I would say Cinnabar!

Cinnabar was the perfume that my grandmother kept offering me because I liked Oriental fragrances, and she kept getting little bottles with her big Estee Lauder gift sets. I remember quite a few dusty bottles, I don't think anyone ever ran out of Cinnabar. 

My wildly random guess is that it didn't smell the same on the next person was because it wasn't even the same perfume. I bet the first person was wearing original Opium and straight lied. Obviously I have no idea who any of these people are, but can you imagine how pissed the first person who wore Giorgio or Lauren or whatever to high school and one month later everyone was wearing it? I'd consider keeping my signature scent choice a secret, especially a widely available commercial scent.

To address half of your original question, if someone loved original Cinnabar or Opium, they would swoon over LP Red. 

If you already know you want a FB of Leather, I'd say it's totally congruent. It would be a lethal combo, in the best sense. It wouldn't be something you'd wear everyday, though! Major date night combo, in my opinion. 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

If I were wandering around in the 80's and I smelled fantastic, and I happened to have chosen original non-reformilated Opium as my signature fragrance, and someone gushingly told me how fabulous I smelled and I knew that  that they were going to copy me, guess what I would tell them I was wearing? I would say Cinnabar!

Cinnabar was the perfume that my grandmother kept offering me because I liked Oriental fragrances, and she kept getting little bottles with her big Estee Lauder gift sets. I remember quite a few dusty bottles, I don't think anyone ever ran out of Cinnabar. 

My wildly random guess is that it didn't smell the same on the next person was because it wasn't even the same perfume. I bet the first person was wearing original Opium and straight lied. Obviously I have no idea who any of these people are, but can you imagine how pissed the first person who wore Giorgio or Lauren or whatever to high school and one month later everyone was wearing it? I'd consider keeping my signature scent choice a secret, especially a widely available commercial scent.

To address half of your original question, if someone loved original Cinnabar or Opium, they would swoon over LP Red. 

If you already know you want a FB of Leather, I'd say it's totally congruent. It would be a lethal combo, in the best sense. It wouldn't be something you'd wear everyday, though! Major date night combo, in my opinion. 

in this case, I can assure you it wasn’t Opium. It was Cinnabar because I was living at home and it was my mother but it sounds weird that the dude I was dating liked my mothers perfume enough to ask me to wear it because it wasn’t “like that”. She just carried it well, and it didn’t smell the same on me.  

My signature scent LOL LOL LOL was the vanilla from a store in a mall.  Straight. Vanilla back then, on its own would have the guys following me like puppies. 

I agree about not disclosing signature scents and I no longer have a signature scent. It’s kinda hard when I have so many LP’s so I go with whatever suits my mood. But it would be nice to settle in to just a few because I am out of room LOL 

Leather is one of the last things I’ve tried over the years and finally have something that will draw my now husband from another level on the house ... he likes me in all foodie scents and doesn’t know it but he likes resins too and I was like, DUH, try Red. 

Thank you .... congruent is what I was inquiring about and yep, the last half of your response is what I want in a reaction with him 😉 

Edited by livinlavidacabo

15 hours ago, livinlavidacabo said:

So ... eons ago, someone loved the way a commercial perfume smelled on someone else, but it didn't smell the same on me.  Thanks to the last few years with all of you, I am educated on why. 

I know - there is ZERO comparing commercial anything to LP. LP's are the bestest but here I am wondering, if maybe, Red would smell on me, the way someone had hoped Cinnabar from Estee smelled on someone else (not an ex)

I am also wondering how Leather would mesh with this. I'm on the fence on FB or sample first haha.  I know I want a FB of Leather, but I think I'm wanting it in a a perm collection scent. 

-1- I mean, possibly?  That's such a subjective kind of assessment, though.

-2- I think Leather would be congruent with LP Red in terms of allure and overall vibe, sure.

6 hours ago, luna65 said:

-1- I mean, possibly?  That's such a subjective kind of assessment, though.

-2- I think Leather would be congruent with LP Red in terms of allure and overall vibe, sure.

I just realized I was in a rush to make this inquiry and did so in the review section. I’m such a dork. 

I don’t want to smell like a Commerical perfume, nor like another person esp my mother. 

but my question has been answered so thank you. That’s at least two, yes, leather would pair nicely with Red for what my intentions are.  😇

• 1 year later...

I freaking love this scent! I can't even describe it but I'll try my best. I have this is a spray. Yes there is cinnamon but it blends with the other ingredients and doesn't stand out by itself. I also get a hint of licorice even tho it's not an ingredient. It's spicy and yet grounded by the vanilla maybe? It's very different and I love it! My one complaint is that the smell isn't as strong/ long lasting as I would like but that may have to do with it being a spray. I am eventually going to try the oil and I will give that a separate review. 

• 3 weeks later...

I want to contribute my experience here, in case people who are new into the shop decided to browse this forum and probably feel sort of intimidated, hesitant, or generally feel a bit *too late to the party*.

As I got this during this pandemic season, I don't have much experience using this outside, but in those times I did, I get, what they call here, "hits". This doesn't contain actual pheromones, but it does have effects!

1. I first noticed this when I went to my barber. I was the last person before closing, so I felt that the barber must have been tired. Anyway, he did the usual routine (I don't have a regular barber, so I don't recognize him), and the last part of it is a quick head and body massage. I wasn't intentionally looking for a hit, but I suddenly realized he was doing A LOT of the massage, like it took WAY too long, much long enough for me to notice. I thought to myself, well maybe because I'm the last, or maybe he felt I was stressed or that my body needed some physical relaxation, but it took me until I got home that I realized, hey does that count as a hit? I tell you, he has been squeezing my body and massaging, and even as I got up, he still continued, and of course I let him but I didn't realize it being a possible hit until much later.

2. I used this on my SO when we did a staycation one time. He said the scent smelled nice, but that's it. But well, he was *so* *into it* that evening. I tried using this again another day, and it did become a bit intense I couldn't really keep up. It doesn't happen often (especially since I use A LOT of perfumes) but the times I wore this, it never failed. A hundred percent!

3. Last evening, I wore this to the grocery and asked for an item there which wasn't displayed. You know, maybe they had stock but has not been arranged on the shelf yet. I asked a worker there to help me, and I'm incredibly surprised at the intense amicability and willingness of the guy there to find it for me in the stock room. It was a heavy object, it was closing time and I see he's doing some other things, but I felt like I was his super top priority (it was honestly surprising!). When he found one, it had a sort of a problem, yet he willingly obliged to get a different one for me. I don't think about these things (and certainly this doesn't happen at all to me) but in the back of my mind I thought, is this some sort of tactic, like he'll sell it to me for his own profit or something (which is ofc just nonsense), because he was just *too* nice. Only again later on when I took a shower I realized that I was wearing this.

In summary, THIS STUFF WORKS! It really might take you off in the wrong direction if used haphazardly, but ugh, I have never had anything that works like this to me. I don't want to run out of this stuff! I don't think it can be coincidence that these things happen to me when I wear this outside. I have had more experiences with this *but might not be appropriate here* but can I just say that this is just magic on its own!

• 5 months later...

I’m too sleepy to give proper review yet want to profess some mad ❤️ for LP Red. Originally I wasn’t sure about this one (looking back obvi I didn’t test as much bc I was (and still am) totally obsessed with LP Pink 💕 

that said, recently got FB in oil and 💯 respect and adore this. Haven’t worn around others 😂 bc I read the description, so self testing. It’s got an empowering ‘flavor’ and feel to it, wear solo or pair with LFN, LFM. Mostly solo though bc it’s that good!!! 
In reading the above, before I post review, I think I realized that yes this scent is self empowering , to me . Originally when I tested forever ago I wasn’t in that ‘space’ if that makes sense. Now, I’m adoring and loving this - ‘selfies’ matter !! ❤️ 

Two years later, I finally ordered and went FB.  It arrived yesterday and omg this is the bestest evaaaaa!  

Of course I then had to slather a few other things on I'd never tried before but I instantly fell in love. I look forward to trying is on its own. 

• 5 months later...

This is my favourite of all the LP variants! I’m going through my tester before ordering a full bottle, and even a little touch of it on my wrist gets my SO coming in closer and telling me how good I smell. 
Are you all wearing it out and about or strictly at home? Mara’s scent description got me scared of unwanted attention if worn out of the house🤭

Also, do we think Perfect Match or Leather are congruent to add to LP when I order a FB? Or do you prefer layering UN pheromones with the scent, so that you can use as much of the cover scent as you like?

I’ve worn this to work before. lol 

usually it sits for awhile because I’m never sure if it’s too heavy for summer but I’ll wear this tomorrow. 
I’ve worn cops to work too so anything goes with me. lol 

as far as pheros, what are you going for as far as reactions? PM is starry eyed bonding and Leather is boss bitch. I put some UN leather on this weekend actually to help me get some chores done and I had an attitude with confidence as in get the hell out of my way! Lol

Most of my pheros are unscented because I can mix and match fragrances and it’s easier to go overboard with pheros mixed into a fragrance especially if you really like the scent. That is my personal opinion though. 

I’ve also had someone stare directly at my chest while wearing this and I wasn’t showing any cleavage at work that day. Lol

I wear LP Red everywhere, lol. But I tend to have to a more unapproachable vibe (just the way I walk and carry myself, I think?) so I don't get any inappropriate responses, just occasionally people who follow me like ducklings or hover in my vicinity. 

I think a lot of the LPs are really versatile when it comes to pheros!  I think Perfect Match and Leather would be fine, as long as they're congruent with what YOU feel when you smell LP Red. 

I actually am the opposite of Vika - I like mixing them pheros in a fragrance or getting the phero enhanced scents. To me it's a lot easier to keep track of (one bottle instead of 2!) and its' easier to keep track of how much of the phero you're wearing. The scent is also a good reminder of what phero you have on and when it might be time to reapply.  

Overall: UN pheros is best for flexibility,  phero-enhanced is best for simplicity. I do keep some Pherotines of my favorite pheros, but I find that I almost always reach for my phero-enhanced scents. 

I agree with this response ^^^ @hedgehog

I was going to say that having pheros mixed in is simpler but for me I’m more disorganized and since I had that incident with phero girl (slathering cops all over and being yelled in front of everyone in the office due to aggressive sexual reactions)

I try to keep my stuff separate. 

I put LP red on today and this has aged for 3 years now, I love it. It smells so good! Like apricots coated in confectioners sugar, drizzled in honey with some cinnamon mixed in. 

Thanks ladies! I keep using phero enhanced scents, but only because they don’t have full strength pheros in them and I find it easier not to overdo pheros that way, going by the strength of scent. I can safely use a fair bit of the oil that way, as opposed to only being able to use 1-2 swipes of full strength pheros in a scent. I have decided to just order several non-phero scents, including LP Red, because I discovered unopened UN Gotcha, Heart and Soul and trials I need to use up.

5 hours ago, CosmoTea said:

Thanks ladies! I keep using phero enhanced scents, but only because they don’t have full strength pheros in them and I find it easier not to overdo pheros that way, going by the strength of scent. I can safely use a fair bit of the oil that way, as opposed to only being able to use 1-2 swipes of full strength pheros in a scent. I have decided to just order several non-phero scents, including LP Red, because I discovered unopened UN Gotcha, Heart and Soul and trials I need to use up.

You can always phero-enhance your own scents too-- just pry the roller off the top of a normal scent and add in about 2/3 of a pherotine, and pop the roller back on - tada!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, CosmoTea said:

@hedgehog Oooh, I didn’t think of that. So do you decant some of the fragrance from the roller first (somewhere?), add 2/3 of pherotine bottle into the roller bottle and that’s it?

Yes, that's it! Or if you're lazy like me and dont' want to decant the fragrance out, you can just wait until you use up 1/3. 

7 hours ago, CosmoTea said:

@hedgehog Oooh, I didn’t think of that. So do you decant some of the fragrance from the roller first (somewhere?), add 2/3 of pherotine bottle into the roller bottle and that’s it?

They also sell little 3ml rollerbottles on Amazon, which are great for on the go. You can put 1ml of the phero of your choice and 2mls of perfume. That way you keep most of the original 10ml bottle and can try it with a different phero or keep it as-is.

20 hours ago, hedgehog said:

Yes, that's it! Or if you're lazy like me and dont' want to decant the fragrance out, you can just wait until you use up 1/3. 

That’s genius, why didn’t I think of that in the first place! 
@Kayla Oooh, I like that idea too! I find it easier to find my sweet spot with phero enhanced scents rather than Pherotine drops, and Amazon is my go-to for everything, so I see some fun experimenting in the works😃

1 hour ago, CosmoTea said:

That’s genius, why didn’t I think of that in the first place! 
@Kayla Oooh, I like that idea too! I find it easier to find my sweet spot with phero enhanced scents rather than Pherotine drops, and Amazon is my go-to for everything, so I see some fun experimenting in the works😃

So much fun! 

I’m going to try mixing a 5ml roller bottle of LP Red and some UN Pherotine Gotcha this week. I hope I don’t mess up the proportions (posted a question in my other thread on layering scents). Will post back on the results.

Edited by CosmoTea

• 1 year later...

This is not yet my review of Love Potion: Red, but I'd just like to say that after layering this with Super Happy Funtime three times now (once accidentally, then twice on purpose), it smells like Super Happy Funtime on a swing. Specifically, a mellow swing. 

I'll save the rest of my sniffie for whenever I have a trial of Honeyed Love Potion. I need to compare the two. What I smelled in my Love Potion: Red sniffie smells like how I remember Honeyed Love Potion from a long time ago.