Sign in to follow this  
thatonegirl

Love Potion: Red

6 hours ago, livinlavidacabo said:

I know - there is ZERO comparing commercial anything to LP. LP's are the bestest but here I am wondering, if maybe, Red would smell on me, the way someone had hoped Cinnabar from Estee smelled on someone else (not an ex)

If I were wandering around in the 80's and I smelled fantastic, and I happened to have chosen original non-reformilated Opium as my signature fragrance, and someone gushingly told me how fabulous I smelled and I knew that  that they were going to copy me, guess what I would tell them I was wearing? I would say Cinnabar!

Cinnabar was the perfume that my grandmother kept offering me because I liked Oriental fragrances, and she kept getting little bottles with her big Estee Lauder gift sets. I remember quite a few dusty bottles, I don't think anyone ever ran out of Cinnabar. 

My wildly random guess is that it didn't smell the same on the next person was because it wasn't even the same perfume. I bet the first person was wearing original Opium and straight lied. Obviously I have no idea who any of these people are, but can you imagine how pissed the first person who wore Giorgio or Lauren or whatever to high school and one month later everyone was wearing it? I'd consider keeping my signature scent choice a secret, especially a widely available commercial scent.

To address half of your original question, if someone loved original Cinnabar or Opium, they would swoon over LP Red. 

If you already know you want a FB of Leather, I'd say it's totally congruent. It would be a lethal combo, in the best sense. It wouldn't be something you'd wear everyday, though! Major date night combo, in my opinion. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

If I were wandering around in the 80's and I smelled fantastic, and I happened to have chosen original non-reformilated Opium as my signature fragrance, and someone gushingly told me how fabulous I smelled and I knew that  that they were going to copy me, guess what I would tell them I was wearing? I would say Cinnabar!

Cinnabar was the perfume that my grandmother kept offering me because I liked Oriental fragrances, and she kept getting little bottles with her big Estee Lauder gift sets. I remember quite a few dusty bottles, I don't think anyone ever ran out of Cinnabar. 

My wildly random guess is that it didn't smell the same on the next person was because it wasn't even the same perfume. I bet the first person was wearing original Opium and straight lied. Obviously I have no idea who any of these people are, but can you imagine how pissed the first person who wore Giorgio or Lauren or whatever to high school and one month later everyone was wearing it? I'd consider keeping my signature scent choice a secret, especially a widely available commercial scent.

To address half of your original question, if someone loved original Cinnabar or Opium, they would swoon over LP Red. 

If you already know you want a FB of Leather, I'd say it's totally congruent. It would be a lethal combo, in the best sense. It wouldn't be something you'd wear everyday, though! Major date night combo, in my opinion. 

in this case, I can assure you it wasn’t Opium. It was Cinnabar because I was living at home and it was my mother but it sounds weird that the dude I was dating liked my mothers perfume enough to ask me to wear it because it wasn’t “like that”. She just carried it well, and it didn’t smell the same on me.  

My signature scent LOL LOL LOL was the vanilla from a store in a mall.  Straight. Vanilla back then, on its own would have the guys following me like puppies. 

I agree about not disclosing signature scents and I no longer have a signature scent. It’s kinda hard when I have so many LP’s so I go with whatever suits my mood. But it would be nice to settle in to just a few because I am out of room LOL 

Leather is one of the last things I’ve tried over the years and finally have something that will draw my now husband from another level on the house ... he likes me in all foodie scents and doesn’t know it but he likes resins too and I was like, DUH, try Red. 

Thank you .... congruent is what I was inquiring about and yep, the last half of your response is what I want in a reaction with him 😉 

Edited by livinlavidacabo

15 hours ago, livinlavidacabo said:

So ... eons ago, someone loved the way a commercial perfume smelled on someone else, but it didn't smell the same on me.  Thanks to the last few years with all of you, I am educated on why. 

I know - there is ZERO comparing commercial anything to LP. LP's are the bestest but here I am wondering, if maybe, Red would smell on me, the way someone had hoped Cinnabar from Estee smelled on someone else (not an ex)

I am also wondering how Leather would mesh with this. I'm on the fence on FB or sample first haha.  I know I want a FB of Leather, but I think I'm wanting it in a a perm collection scent. 

-1- I mean, possibly?  That's such a subjective kind of assessment, though.

-2- I think Leather would be congruent with LP Red in terms of allure and overall vibe, sure.

6 hours ago, luna65 said:

-1- I mean, possibly?  That's such a subjective kind of assessment, though.

-2- I think Leather would be congruent with LP Red in terms of allure and overall vibe, sure.

I just realized I was in a rush to make this inquiry and did so in the review section. I’m such a dork. 

I don’t want to smell like a Commerical perfume, nor like another person esp my mother. 

but my question has been answered so thank you. That’s at least two, yes, leather would pair nicely with Red for what my intentions are.  😇

Posted (edited)

opps, meant to reply in red lace with cops

Edited by starlitegirl