Love Potion: Red

thatonegirl

Wow, Ail !! That was inspiring and I'm so tempted to try your suggestions, but Mara says I should stay away from EW, that I'm not ready :magicstick: . I don't know enough about the other 'pheros' and what they're designed to do, or what I'M trying to do, any suggestions for 'newbies' ?

liz :D

Edited by liz

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Liz..

Well, I very much agree with Mara about EW as it's tricky to use, but it's also tremendously useful when you want to have some umm..fun.. ^_~

What you could try that's available at LS (Love-scents) is PCC (Passion Copulin Concentrate) as it's copulins in a much milder form and in a melon/cucumber-fragranced base.

This is also one of Dr. Stone's products, so perhaps Mara might be able to speak to him about doing something similar to the Essence oil for the customers here, using PCC.

That's actually an angle I hadn't considered when I was first discussing all this with Mara and Danna, given that "hardened" cops users like myself and Dolly find we get little to no results from using PCC, but there may be a good few ladies who like yourself Liz, find the strength of EW just too much to work with.

Indeed, the lovely Carrie here at the LP forums uses PCC to great success, so this could be very worth looking into.

I have an untouched bottle of PCC, as like I say, it doesn't give me the "oomf" I like, but after reading your post here, I transferred to another bottle less than a third of my bottle of PCC (as that one is just 5 mls as opposed to EW's 7.5 mls) and then I did the same thing I do with EW, and added LP Red to fill it up.

I wasn't sure how the heck it would work, given that the PCC definitely does have a melon/cucumber scent (although I know it would work brilliantly with any of the fruity LP fragrances added), but after several hours I just went to check it, and it smells very good indeed.

I still wouldn't use this myself, but will find a way to incorporate it into my phero mixes, but for you, I would definitely consider purchasing some PCC, Liz.

Maybe as i said, Mara & Danna can have Dr. Stone do something similar to the Essence Oil for here, utilising the PCC instead, for those ladies who like the copulin effect, but don't require or want the higher strength of EW.

Hmm.. Thanks for making the grey matter tick over..I will give this more thought over the next few hours. Now though, I have an LP Red mixed sugar scrub to get to making. :magicstick:

Ail )O(

I agree with Ail on this one.....give the PCC a try.....it may be the one for you.....and, since it is very mildly-scented, it should be ok for layering with other scents.

Or, you could just use the scents like PheroGirl or Dominance that have quite a bit of cops in them to begin with.....not as many layering options, but get the same copulin results.....

To be brutally honest. I, personally, have not found applying EoW neat to be the holy grail of female phero usage at all. I've tried neat application from 3 drops to 10 drops of EoW and it's not given me amazing results.

When I DO get the results from cops is the day AFTER application. This makes me believe that, for me at least, less cops even residual cops works much more efficiently. I'm not sure why this is, others seem to get great results with neat application, it just does not work well for me.

I get better results using diluted cops than EoW neat. Which is why I am sticking with the cops products here. An added bonus is the fact that products like Dominance don't bring my skin up in tiny blood red EoW drop-sized "burns" where I have applied them - which neat EoW does... :magicstick:

Just my ten cents worth. :D

May

Edited by May

To be brutally honest. I, personally, have not found applying EoW neat to be the holy grail of female phero usage at all. I've tried neat application from 3 drops to 10 drops of EoW and it's not given me amazing results.

When I DO get the results from cops is the day AFTER application. This makes me believe that, for me at least, less cops even residual cops works much more efficiently. I'm not sure why this is, others seem to get great results with neat application, it just does not work well for me.

I get better results using diluted cops than EoW neat. Which is why I am sticking with the cops products here. An added bonus is the fact that products like Dominance don't bring my skin up in tiny blood red EoW drop-sized "burns" where I have applied them - which neat EoW does... :(

Just my ten cents worth. :)

May

I think that several women share your experience May. That is the thing with EoW......it does take some tweaking to find YOUR proper usage.

An added bonus is the fact that products like Dominance don't bring my skin up in tiny blood red EoW drop-sized "burns" where I have applied them - which neat EoW does... :( Just my ten cents worth. :) May

That happens to me too! I get bright red "burns" which take 40-50 minutes to go away if I apply a droplet of EOW with the dropper and then the droplet runs down my skin...but if I rub it in or apply it by hand, the burns do not occur....weird.

That happens to me too! I get bright red "burns" which take 40-50 minutes to go away if I apply a droplet of EOW with the dropper and then the droplet runs down my skin...but if I rub it in or apply it by hand, the burns do not occur....weird.

I only had one bottle that I had red spots from, and they would only last about 10 min on me, then they would fade. I think that there was at least one especially acidic batch out there.

I agree with Ail on this one.....give the PCC a try.....it may be the one for you.....and, since it is very mildly-scented, it should be ok for layering with other scents.

Or, you could just use the scents like PheroGirl or Dominance that have quite a bit of cops in them to begin with.....not as many layering options, but get the same copulin results.....

That's precisely it, the layering options, I don't always want to smell like chocolate /roses (DOM4W), or grapefruit (CP) or maple syrup (Super4W) :rolleyes: , I also have PhG1 and 2, those are bit easier to layer, IntellW and SS4W(both unscented but diluted/10ml) those are much easier to layer (obviously), don't get me wrong, I love all of them all, I just wanted to test 'deeper' waters, now that I've gotten my feet wet. I wanted to try the EST spray offered here, but it's sold out (well of course it did). :D

liz :001_tt2:

Edited by liz

Hi Liz..

Well, I very much agree with Mara about EW as it's tricky to use, but it's also tremendously useful when you want to have some umm..fun.. ^_~

What you could try that's available at LS (Love-scents) is PCC (Passion Copulin Concentrate) as it's copulins in a much milder form and in a melon/cucumber-fragranced base.

This is also one of Dr. Stone's products, so perhaps Mara might be able to speak to him about doing something similar to the Essence oil for the customers here, using PCC.

That's actually an angle I hadn't considered when I was first discussing all this with Mara and Danna, given that "hardened" cops users like myself and Dolly find we get little to no results from using PCC, but there may be a good few ladies who like yourself Liz, find the strength of EW just too much to work with.

Indeed, the lovely Carrie here at the LP forums uses PCC to great success, so this could be very worth looking into.

I have an untouched bottle of PCC, as like I say, it doesn't give me the "oomf" I like, but after reading your post here, I transferred to another bottle less than a third of my bottle of PCC (as that one is just 5 mls as opposed to EW's 7.5 mls) and then I did the same thing I do with EW, and added LP Red to fill it up.

I wasn't sure how the heck it would work, given that the PCC definitely does have a melon/cucumber scent (although I know it would work brilliantly with any of the fruity LP fragrances added), but after several hours I just went to check it, and it smells very good indeed.

I still wouldn't use this myself, but will find a way to incorporate it into my phero mixes, but for you, I would definitely consider purchasing some PCC, Liz.

Maybe as i said, Mara & Danna can have Dr. Stone do something similar to the Essence Oil for here, utilising the PCC instead, for those ladies who like the copulin effect, but don't require or want the higher strength of EW.

Hmm.. Thanks for making the grey matter tick over..I will give this more thought over the next few hours. Now though, I have an LP Red mixed sugar scrub to get to making. :rolleyes:

Ail )O(

Thanx for your reply Ail and I just may purchase some PCC, it couldn't hurt and if worse came to worse, I could post it for trade, hopefully it won't come to that. In the meantime... I look forward to receiving LP Red and experimenting !

liz :D

Edited by liz

I get better results using diluted cops than EoW neat. Which is why I am sticking with the cops products here. An added bonus is the fact that products like Dominance don't bring my skin up in tiny blood red EoW drop-sized "burns" where I have applied them - which neat EoW does... :D

Just my ten cents worth. :rolleyes:

May

every little bit helps, thx

That's precisely it, the layering options, I don't always want to smell like chocolate /roses (DOM4W), or grapefruit (CP) or maple syrup (Super4W) <_< , I also have PhG1 and 2, those are bit easier to layer, IntellW and SS4W(both unscented but diluted/10ml) those are much easier to layer (obviously), don't get me wrong, I love all of them all, I just wanted to test 'deeper' waters, now that I've gotten my feet wet. I wanted to try the EST spray offered here, but it's sold out (well of course it did). :)

I was also planning on getting the EST spray but didn't realize it was sold out until you mentioned it,bummer :cry: . Will the EST spray be back in stock any time soon?

Thanks,J

I was also planning on getting the EST spray but didn't realize it was sold out until you mentioned it,bummer <_< . Will the EST spray be back in stock any time soon?

Thanks,J

seamonkey ! I feel your 'pain' !! I asked Mara by email and she replied that she wasn't sure if they'll be offering it again, but offered a site to order it from, not sure if I should/could print a link. You should probably email her ask for it if you're interested.

liz :)

Edited by liz

seamonkey ! I feel your 'pain' !! I asked Mara by email and she replied that she wasn't sure if they'll be offering it again, but offered a site to order it from, not sure if I should/could print a link. You should probably email her ask for it if you're interested.

Would it be the same? Since I'm a newbie to Pheromones I somehow feel more comfortable purchasing it from LPMP.

Would it be the same? Since I'm a newbie to Pheromones I somehow feel more comfortable purchasing it from LPMP.

Seamonkey ... I only joined this past December. Just feel free to contact Mara or Danna, they're both are very accommodating, Mara shared the site w/me, that or they may consider offering it again. Give it a try.

Edited by liz

Hello, All~

I got a Summer Solstice LP Red sample and I smell something different that stands out every time I use it. The first time I opened the vial, I smelled the Cherry and it reminded me of Giorgio Red, except this doesn't make me sneeze like that one! Caramel Apple, Cherry, Butterscotch, Spice...Thankfully, I'm not catching the patchouli, per se..Patchouli has always reminded me of dirt..LOL This is one of my favorites precisely because of it's complexity.

I got my bottle of Red, I got my bottle of Red, I got my bottle of Red :) !!!

liz :love:

• 4 weeks later...
I AM going to give you a way of using your LP perfumes to custom-create your own products.

Ail )O(

Ail, thank you for such an informative post. I, too, just love my LP: Red. I don't think you mentioned this, but I purchase unscented body lotion and then drop several drops of LP:Red into it. I don't really measure anything so I just play around with it and see how many drops I need and adjust accordingly. I, have done this with shower gel as well. Next thing you know, you have matching scents for all your bath and body products. It's great!

Has anyone tried mixing the oils with perfumer's alcohol for a body splash or cologne? Just curious if anyone has tried this.

For Mara: I purchases quite a few bottles of Red from years ago, when it was still a limited edition fragrance. I just love that blend. How does the latest blend compare?

For Mara: I purchases quite a few bottles of Red from years ago, when it was still a limited edition fragrance. I just love that blend. How does the latest blend compare?

Hi Lyra,

Well, the answer is, that it gently morphs from version to version. The recipe remains constant, but the source of the ingredients may change, as do the production lots of the ingredients, and thus the end result does vary. Our last edition, of which I only have like 2 bottles left, is very close to the original. My personal favorite edition was a couple later than that and it turned out more syrupy and rich. I was planning to skew it closer to that version this time around, but I am open to persuasion. What is it that you most love about the version you have?

Hi Lyra,

Well, the answer is, that it gently morphs from version to version. The recipe remains constant, but the source of the ingredients may change, as do the production lots of the ingredients, and thus the end result does vary. Our last edition, of which I only have like 2 bottles left, is very close to the original. My personal favorite edition was a couple later than that and it turned out more syrupy and rich. I was planning to skew it closer to that version this time around, but I am open to persuasion. What is it that you most love about the version you have?

Hi Mara,

As I am not as fragrance savvy as some of the forum posters here, lol, I can't really go into too much detail as to the notes I sense and such, but the reason I love it is just the fact that it's intoxicating! It's like a super sexy, "darker", more intense version of the LP original that I have and love. Since mine has probably aged quite a bit, I definitely smell the vanilla, but the amber and cinnamon are quite pronounced as well.

Since I have not tried your favorite edition, I am sure that a "richer" version would be even better! lol Whatever you do, don't tone down too much the effects of this fragrance because I have received so many compliments and reactions to LP: Red. lol I was seeing a Marine, way younger than myself by the way, lol, stationed at Camp Pendleton and he loved this fragrance. When he was deployed to Iraq, he wrote me telling me he couldn't forget my intoxicating scent and that I should write him letters in paper scented with LP: Red. :)

Do you have any recommendations for me being that I love LP: Red so much? I will likely order the LP Trial Size Collection to sample all the fragrances in the LP line.

Lastly, do you think you will be brewing Apollo's Gift again? I loved that one!

Has anyone tried mixing the oils with perfumer's alcohol for a body splash or cologne? Just curious if anyone has tried this.

To me that would defeat the purpose of avoiding alcohol-based fragrances, but I think Dolly's dry oil spray is a great idea in terms of an all-over fragrance experience.

I just received my sample vial. OMG. :) a whiff right out of the bottle and I loved it! I put it on and CANNOT stop smelling myself! Its an instant favorite for me, I have to get a full bottle pronto.

Is this a signature fragrance and always going to be around or do I need to order a case of full bottles?

Edited by Diana325

I just received my sample vial. OMG. :woohoonaner2gy: a whiff right out of the bottle and I loved it! I put it on and CANNOT stop smelling myself! Its an instant favorite for me, I have to get a full bottle pronto.

Is this a signature fragrance and always going to be around or do I need to order a case of full bottles?

Hi Diana! lol So you're hooked, huh? Fortunately for all of us, Red is here to stay! It is a permanent fixture! When I first encountered it, it was a limited edition, so being in fear I may never have a wiff of it again, I bought a large number of bottles. lol

You are absolutely right that Red makes you look silly because I too am always smelling myself. Enjoy!!

By the way, the original LP is wonderful too! :)

You are absolutely right that Red makes you look silly because I too am always smelling myself. Enjoy!!

You can always spot an LP addict.....they either have their nose permanently attached to their wrist, or their head stuck down in the collar of their shirt.....

• 2 weeks later...

I get something 'peppery' that I just love and mixed w/sweet even better, can I get your last 2 btls, Mara ?

You can always spot an LP addict.....they either have their nose permanently attached to their wrist, or their head stuck down in the collar of their shirt.....

Yep, and tell me why I keep smelling myself today...damn, this LP red is addictive. I swear it just keeps smelling better and better...I looooove LP Red.

Hi ladies! I'm new here, LP Red was my first purchase and I love it. So, I'm not good at describing scents...but you know the end scene in Closer when Natalie Portman's character is walking down the street and all the men are turning around to watch her and that beautiful song "I Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" (the blower's daughter actually) is playing?

Well, when I wear RED, I picture myself in that scene! :2705:

If that makes any sense at all to any of you!

Edited by Amanda

• 4 weeks later...

Recently while wearing LP Red, a woman told me that i smelled "like a baby". I thought that was quite a strange reaction to this particular scent.

Edited by mary

Recently while wearing LP Red, a woman told me that i smelled "like a baby". I thought that was quite a strange reaction to this particular scent.

Interesting! I haven't tried LP red, but phero girl.

When I wear any perfume that has an amber note, my skin does some funky business. And many people mention that I smell like a "baby". Tell me about body chemistry. However, I don't mind smelling like a baby, it makes me feel younger, not that I'm old lol! :TotakekeBannana:

Edited by esmeralda

Amber does have that tendency to turn to baby powder on people (or worse, Play-Doh). That reminds me, though, that there's something in Me, Jane! which my chemistry turns into "maple syrup" because this is the second time I've worn it and had somebody tell me I smell like pancakes. :TotakekeBannana:

Amber does have that tendency to turn to baby powder on people (or worse, Play-Doh). That reminds me, though, that there's something in Me, Jane! which my chemistry turns into "maple syrup" because this is the second time I've worn it and had somebody tell me I smell like pancakes. :TotakekeBannana:

Same here! I've also had this reaction to the LP blends (Original, Red, etc.). Perhaps vanilla=maple on my skin? I don't get the syrup note myself, but I figure there are way worse things to smell like. And now I'm craving pancakes...

Yeah, I mean I don't think I smell like pancakes...Me, Jane! smells totally tropical to me. Speaking of breakfast, I will say that LP Red makes me think of French Toast (it's the cinnamon).

But scent is a subjective experience, our brains process the information in often hilarious ways.

That's not as strange as it sounds on the surface, actually. The person who said that may not have realized it consciously, but she was having a sense memory from the smell. I have heard people say in the past that my original LP reminds them of mother's milk, or baby formula, and indeed, mother's milk is said to have a vaguely vanilla flavoring to it. (RED is the same formula as original with just a few extra ingredients - like cinnamon, etc).

It's part of the 'magic' of this potion - that note is in there to make people feel nurtured and loved, it can evoke a sense memory of being a baby snuggling at the breast, and usually inspires a lustful oral fixation kind of feeling. Like they want to eat you alive. If you wear this potion in your cleavage, guys can barely help themselves from burying their faces there and wanting to kiss your breasts.

Yeah, I mean I don't think I smell like pancakes...Me, Jane! smells totally tropical to me. Speaking of breakfast, I will say that LP Red makes me think of French Toast (it's the cinnamon).

But scent is a subjective experience, our brains process the information in often hilarious ways.

I agree with the French Toast. LP Red smells softly cinnamon (not the Big Red burn-your-skin type). It's my fave of the LP's I've tried. I find that it layers well with incense/resin scents, too.

Hi ladies! I am new here but I am an LP RED addict! I recently purchased the special edition scent of LP Red combined with pheromones from Androtics ( i think that was the name). I have never worn pheromones before, but I decided to be daring and give it a try. I will keep everyone posted when I first wear it outside:)

This review is for the pheromone enhanced LP: Red w/IS

First of all LP: Red is one of my favorite LPMP scents. Well it started off this morning right after I applied my LP: Red w/IS. As I was preparing my morning shake my hubby slides right next to me and he states...

Hubby:"ooh,you smell good...whatever your're wearing is turning me on".

Me: "it's just my LP Red"

Hubby:"there must be something in that stuff you wear"

Me: "oh moveover I have to finish getting ready for work"*sly grin on face*

Well @ work I have a daily morning meeting with my co-managers. I was the first one in the room. As the first co-manager enter the room he stated "mmm,something smells like Chocolate". The second co-manager stated "whatever it is your're wearing really smells good". I just smiled and said it's LP Red and continued on with the agenda hehe.

I must say I have never ever had this type of response with any other perfume line. I'm a firm believer that pheros do work :D .

Mara/Danna, thank you so much for all the hard work you do each and every day in offering your customers top notch products that not only makes me smell great but that have meaning and a purpose :018A1D~14: .

In the bottle this was almost sweet with a hint of spicyness.

On my skin it dried down to a very soft, warm comforting spicy scent.

There is a hint of vanilla or sugar turning play doh-ish.

Later on, the cinnamon becomes more obvious, and then the scent is more like sexy, spicy skin.