Archive: Tribute

luna65

An ode in oud, in acknowledgment of the all-seeing Eye of the cosmos...the infinite reaches of space contain vast realms unknown to our Earth-bound selves. If you look deep into the Universe, you may behold the home of the Gods, and watch them play among the stars... Our Tribute is a round woody unisex scent, just on the edge of masculinity...but plenty of ladies will love it too!  A heart of deep exotic oud enhanced by sacred frankincense and tobacco, blended with a non-foody vanilla.

OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Mara & Julie

Label art: Helix Nebula, NGC 7293, a large planetary nebula located in the constellation Aquarius. Photographed in Infrared.

Nebula Collection, April 2016

Review Thread

Spring is stellar!

Though we in the Western world now follow the Gregorian calendar, April 1st had long been the beginning of the New Year: the emergence of Spring, the birth of new life, and the return of the Sun. The LPMP Spring 2016 collection is adorned with labels displaying a cosmically amazing array of photographs from galaxies throughout the Universe, featuring the most beautiful nebulae – captured by NASA and ESA. These breathtaking images depict the birthplace of stars, to remind us that within we all contain the stuff of stars, we are stardust. Whatever new beginnings you desire, wish upon our nascent nebulae and let your dreams come true!

We join our brave Captain Fox and the crew of the Cataluna in the furthest reaches of Space, their mission: to explore the galaxy, ever-questing for knowledge and adventure…and a really crunchy riff.

“Captain,” Commander Luna spoke, looking up from her scanner display screen.  “There’s something interesting on the long-range scanner.”
“Define interesting,” Captain Fox replied, looking through the latest copy of Pangalatic Musician Monthly.
“Uh...it looks like an eye.”
“And it’s dead ahead!” Navigator Halo exclaimed, frantically attempting to bring the ship about.
Captain Fox looked out the main portal of the bridge, her tablet dropping to the floor.
“That thing is in serious need of some eyewash!”
It was a bit daunting: a giant red orb pulsating in space, surrounded by menacing clouds of stars.
“Commander Luna, are you detecting any signs of sentience?”
“How can you scan something like that for sentience?!”
“Hey, you’re the scientist!”
“Uh...it just seems to be sitting there.”
“Navigator, are we stopped?”
“Aye, Captain.”
“Huh...do you think it might like it if I played for it?”
Luna and Halo rolled their eyes.  Every chance the Captain got, it was a two-hour shredfest, broadcast on all channels throughout the galaxy.  No wonder they rarely encountered any other lifeforms.
“Captain, I think maybe attempting to communicate with the entity might be a better course of action.”
“Luna, this is why you’re just a boring scientist.  I am an artist, music is the universal language, it speaks to all species.”
“Wait,” Halo said, frowning, “I thought math was the universal language.”
“And you’d be correct,” Luna replied drily.
“Don’t try to confine me with your semantics!” Captain Fox cried, reaching for her guitar.
They each sighed and put in their earplugs.
“Musicians,” Luna muttered to herself, firing up the PA.  
“I hope this thing likes Classic Rock,’ Halo said, “whatever it is.”