Archive: Bloodroot

luna65

An Autumnal enticement of lightly-spiced woods, a hint of smoke and the depth of insensual Indian black musk, with the blood-red evocations of black currant and Dragon’s Blood. Brewed for witches, but wizards will enjoy this one too. If you liked last year's hit, Blue Smoke, try this one too!

MAHOGANY ~ Fertility, growth, grounding, clarifying, bonds of love.
BLACK CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
DRAGON'S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art; Jennifer King

October 2016

“Ooooh now this, this is some powerful conjure right here.”  Another bottle, this one squat and containing a very thick dark red substance.

“Is it blood?”

“Bloodroot.  I have provided you with a lure but, if you are truly serious in your pursuit of this special boy, then you may use this to create the tether for your souls.  Blood opens doors, and bloodroot works in the same fashion. But once done it cannot be undone, so you must be certain of your purpose.”

“What is bloodroot, exactly?”

“As with all attractants it is a beautiful bloom, but with power inherent.  To be respected and treasured.”

Her serious tone gave me pause.  Did I really love him enough to use this to capture his heart?  She waved a hand, perhaps sensing my reluctance.

“You ponder that a spell, dearie.  Ah ha, ‘spell’ - get it? Oh I tickle myself, I do!”  She cackled again and this time I chuckled as well...

(The story continues in Desperation & Djinn...)