Archive: Goblin Tamer

luna65

Overrun by hoards of mischievous noisy creatures? We love ‘em, but sometimes you just want some peace! So appease your darling little monsters by dabbing a bit of our homey and deliciously spicy gourmand fragrance. A blend of two toothsome Autumnal treats - warm apple pie and oatmeal cookies fresh from the oven - layered with a base of smoky Arabian woods. To ensure your word is law we’ve included a supercharged variant of our exclusive MOTHER’S LITTLE HELPER pheromone formula, a blend for women to help create a household of peace and calm, pleasant interactions, warmth, coziness, friendliness and helpfulness...while secretly exerting a little authority too.

APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.
OATS ~ Prosperity, abundance, sustenance, money spells.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: Jennifer King

October 2016

Review Thread

I heard some noise outside and looked towards the window to see another woman approaching the shop, surrounded by a group of children...or at least they looked like children. They were short, that much I was certain of. She made to open the front door but the old lady stopped her, holding up a hand. She took a large basket to the door and tossed it out at the assemblage who immediately fell upon it, stuffing the candy and cookies they found inside into their mouths, making happy sighs and snarls. The old lady motioned to the other woman.

“Come in quick now!”

The woman hurried inside, but looked over her shoulder anxiously. The old woman bolted the door.

“You always think of the little ones, thank you.”

“Of course, dearie, anything to keep them out of my shop!”

“Do you have the Goblin Tamer in stock now?” she inquired.

“Could be, could be - as I recall, you bought out my entire stock last time!”

The woman laughed, nervously. “The little ones, you see, they’re so -”

“Unruly? Horrific?”

“- rambunctious,” she countered. “But they’re my darlings!”

“Of course,” I murmured, continuing to watch the creatures. They didn’t look so darling, though.

“Ah ha, here we are!” the old woman called out, holding up a bottle. She took out the stopper and it smelled like...Home. Treats fresh from the oven in a cozy kitchen. The woman rummaged in her purse and the old lady made a shushing gesture. We then turned in unison to the window and beheld the sight of all the...little ones...with their faces pressed to the window, drooling and smudging the glass.

“No charge!” she said, thrusting the bottle at the other. The woman hurried away and waved over her shoulder.

“You’re a lifesaver!”

“All in a day’s witching, I always say.”

“Wow, so when some people say they’re got little monsters -”

“- they’ve really got little monsters!” she rejoined, and cackled once again...

(Our story continues in HOWL...)