Potion Bastet w/ Aja

il_fullxfull.1809119931_nut4.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Lynryd-Jym Narciso!

Our original ode to the Egyptian Cat Goddess...in the ornate temples built in honor to Her - goddess of the sun and the moon - the revelries to celebrate Bastet drew all from far and wide to give thanks and pay homage, all those which flourished under Her protection in the ancient lands. We offer an aura of opulence: a combination of animalic musks and musky ambrette, blended with the sexy golden sheen of amber and honey. We’ve included further obeisance in the form of our exclusive AJA formula: a copulin analog derived from a natural plant hormone which, when concentrated, gives off a honey-like scent which is incredibly evocative of sexual arousal. 

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBRETTE ~ Induces lust/lustful cravings, enhances beauty, attracts love, divination.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
AJA ~ Sexually enticing. 

• luna65 unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Super potent! On me, this is a mega honey bomb. And it’s wearable! I don’t see civet specifically mentioned in the description or the notes, so maybe it’s not in this version, which would explain it. I really like this one! 

I missed out on the original version of Potion Bastet, I think (or maybe just didn't get around to trying a trial vial back in the day) but I have tried Cat's Eye and its' variants.  With this one, it reminds me a bit of Jouir de because it's very potent in terms of the musk blending and yet there's something also really compelling behind it, if that makes sense.  It's more refined than Jouir de is, though.   Maybe more along the lines of Dance of Passion.  Whereas Cat's Eye comes off as a take on musk-based fragrances of a bygone era (like I might have thought my bottle time-traveled to get to me from the 1920s) and has that classic warm luxurious perfume-y vibe, PB19 is more like a very "raw" experience, like someone you would smell in real time.  I'm probably not making any sense but that's what comes to mind as I smell it.  There's something so intriguing about it, if this one is really anything like the original PB I can see why people went wild (!) for it.  It gets you right in the hindbrain, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 12:49 PM, anchoredinopulence said:

I personally really like this and find it, as Luna said, very compelling but my husband just recoiled in horror and told me I smell "like if a flower had a butt" so...🤣🤣🤣 

:lol2:

Civil and I do not get along, but I did get some of this on my fingers one day when I was playing with all the NR's and I couldn't stop sniffing it. I got brave and tried my wrist (knowing I was going to shower soon) and it was really lovely. This was about a month or so ago, I think I'll try it again in another month.

6 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Civil and I do not get along, but I did get some of this on my fingers one day when I was playing with all the NR's and I couldn't stop sniffing it. I got brave and tried my wrist (knowing I was going to shower soon) and it was really lovely. This was about a month or so ago, I think I'll try it again in another month.

I know that people keep mentioning civit, but I didn't think this has civit in it.  Does it?

I do know that now a little goes a long way.  After drydown it becomes very potent, but it still smells good. 

I wrote this one off. Did not really look to closely. I have an over half full bottle of Cats Eye. None of the following type LE's, though intresting and fun to sniff the samples and compare, did much for me.

I only now realize there is no civet here. That would have been intresting to try. I wish I had grabbed at least a trial when I had the chance. 

I just read Lunas review. I loved DOP. sigh.

LOL "Flower had a but." I dont think he likes AJA. 

Edited by StacyK

4 minutes ago, Honeycake said:

That's what I thought, but is still smells intense and sexual.

Oh yea. I bet. Thats the type. I have DOP, just a little left, I just could not work Jouir'de. Neither had civit but Jouir was a little to far out NASTY GIRL on me. Some think that of DOP. But i think its pretty.. go figure.

I think this was sold out last i looked. Now i wish i could  test it. I like a good nasty honey. Lol

1 hour ago, StacyK said:

Oh yea. I bet. Thats the type. I have DOP, just a little left, I just could not work Jouir'de. Neither had civit but Jouir was a little to far out NASTY GIRL on me. Some think that of DOP. But i think its pretty.. go figure.

I think this was sold out last i looked. Now i wish i could  test it. I like a good nasty honey. Lol

There's still a bunch left!  :)

https://luvpotionperfume.com/listing/664859644/potion-bastet-w-aja-vault-collection

• 2 years later...

I’m so glad I got more of this during the sale!  I already had a couple bottles (possibly three) but knowing that when some LPs are gone, they’re REALLY gone, I didn’t want to miss the opportunity.  

Reading through previous comments about whether this edition has civet or not made me wonder if maybe the honey @Potion Master used is the same that went into Beewitched.  

I wear, this on its own, and also layer with other perfumes.  The other day, a few hours after  I applied  Velours Frais, I put this on top.  It smelled so beautiful, and for some reason, the cat seems to really like it.  He spent a lot of time sniffing my wrists, and snuggled up against me.  

• 8 months later...

I got this in last years sale and never tried in out till a few days ago and put it on at bedtime and wow, I love sleeping in this, it gives a nice comforting vibe and gets you to sleep fast.  @Eve mentioned that it might have the same honey as Beewitched and the vibe seems very similar to when I have worn this and Beewitched.  So if you like Beewitched I think you will like this blend....