Subir w/ Open Windows

il_fullxfull.1810263287_plwx.jpg

We’ve named this fragrance with the Portuguese word meaning “to ascend” for those moments when you desire to step forward and take on a situation or a task or any opportunity to show your inner strength and your obvious value; let this be the scent to inspire you to new heights of potential and achievement...clean and bracing, this scent is just what you need to provide an upbeat attitude for any occasion. 

Spicy bay rum and bay leaf, juniper and basil, refreshed with watery succulent notes of bamboo, aloe and cucumber plus invigorating eucalyptus, mint and lime blossom, topped with just a hint of sophisticated rose. 

To extend the good feelings to those around you, we’ve boosted this one with our exclusive OPEN WINDOWS pheromone formula, our most popular social blend! Works equally well for both Women and Men. Lends an air of friendly approachability and magnetic attraction. Mood elevating, makes people feel good to be around you. Works great in ANY situation, and our customers who work in service industries report that it helps to increase their tips too!

PLEASE SHAKE YOUR BOTTLE BEFORE USE!

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
BAY ~ Uplifting, protection, purification, healing, memory, aphrodisiac.
JUNIPER ~ Emotionally calming, physically energizing. Attracts lovers, deflects thieves. Cleansing, purifying, love charms, exorcism, health.
ALOE ~ Protection, luck, healing, success.
CUCUMBER ~ Healing, fertility, abundance, invigorating.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
EUCALYPTUS ~ Healing.
PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.
BASIL ~ Creates empathy between couples; love, fidelity. Invigorates, protection. Mends quarrels.
LIME ~ Healing, love, protection.
ROSE ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

-----------------------------

ABOUT THE ARTIST - Lynryd-Jym Narciso 
Lynyrd-Jym Narciso is a Filipino artist who has been creating tarot-related art since 2005. He has been published by major publishers, independent ones, and he also self-publishes his creations. He is drawn to the differences between art styles - what he calls "art taxonomy", which is reflected in the variety of visual styles of his creations. He publishes most of his card-related works under his studio/vanity press Paraluman. You can visit him at: https://paralumanstudio.blogspot.com

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

This does have a sort of watery/fresh vibe to it; I think what I mainly get is the cucumber and aloe against a backdrop of bay rum and basil.  So it's an interesting intersection of spicy, herbal and fresh.  This would make a good scent for work as it's nicely masculine but not too heavy.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Perfect wore this today, and his first impression was very green, he said he smelled like a tree, LOL. I think it was the juniper/eucalyptus. He wouldn’t let me smell him until it dried down, and by that time, I got more aloe and bamboo, with just a hint of the spicy bay rum. 

• 7 months later...

Subir is invigorating and clean smelling. It's really fresh. I especially love how it starts out. I was afraid it was going to be too heavy, but it's really well balanced between the strong notes and the lighter, more airy green ones. It's so well blended that it's hard for me to pick out the notes. I definitely get fresh sweetness from the cucumber. The mint isn't noticeable as such, but it's doing that thing it can do in low doses where it adds crispness. Subir is so good I can't stop sniffing it. You know when a scent  makes your eyes roll back into your head because it smells so good? That's this. Unisex, but definitely feminine enough for a woman. I find cucumber tends to make things really flexible, reading freshly masculine on men and feminine on women, but maybe that's just me.  On the long, long dry down it gets a bit more traditional perfumey, but a  perfume or cologne I would wear, as opposed to something that smells commercial.

• 9 months later...

Another under-reviewed winner !

I agree with @luna65 about this being work-appropriate. It strikes me as the kind of scent that normally goes with SWS and I had to jump on here to verify that it's actually OW.  I put it on half an hour ago, had hubby sniff me ( he was hoping for a sensual blend) and he goes: "It's soapy" which is about as much compliment as I'm going to get out of him unless the blend has cops, hehe. 

On application, I smelled spa-like qualities, but now that it's dried down, it's just a very  subtle quiet brook-in-the-woods scent to me. I only extends about 4 inches from me scent -wise, but the pheros are working their magic anyway...hubby has turned on the radio and is bopping around the kitchen and making plans for the day. It's uplifting. 

Would suggest this to anyone who is an androstenol responder like me, and who wants to uplift themselves and those around them without being too obvious about it. I can see this also working in a healthcare setting where slight scent is allowed. 

I rarely go back to a review to add something; I don't want to seem like I'm belaboring a point or just trying to get my post count up. But something very unique is happening that I wanted to journal.

I've been tantric for years, music affects me energetically, people affect me, nature, it goes on and on. But I rarely have an LPMP have a very obvious energetic/ chakra/ meridian effect on me. After an hour of wearing this, my THYMUS gland (not thyroid) is pouring out energy like a baby chakra coming alive. My hubby verified this, he can see it.  It feels lovely to gently tap the area between my ribs and up by my collar bone. Small blockages are being released. I simply cannot tell how much of this is the OW, although I'm no stranger to OW and have not had this effect before. So either it's the scent ingredients, or the synergistic interplay of the two that Mara is so well loved for !

If this seriously does something for the thymus gland, then I would see it benefiting people with immune and auto-immune issues. Will keep you updated if I get this sensation again another time, and would love to hear others' input.