Sarong w/ Lumina

il_fullxfull.1809426099_kzr2.jpg

Looking to beat those Winter doldrums? It’s Cruise Season, and we’ve fashioned an unexpected splash of Summer to help you escape the frigid clutches of the deep freeze with this sun-and-sea fruity floral! Adorn yourself with a lovely magnolia in lavish full bloom plus a squeeze of ripe juicy papaya lounging upon three types of luscious coconut cream and smooth sandalwood with just a hint of aquatic tang. Like a beautiful and brightly-colored silky sarong, this fragrance will put you in mind of sunshine and good times no matter where you are! And to further lighten the mood we’ve included a dose of our exclusive LUMINA pheromone formula, for accentuating that precious 'glow' of femininity ~ attractiveness, sparkle, happiness, youthful appeal and confidence. Safe to wear day or night, anytime or anywhere you want to ILLUMINATE the room!

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.
PAPAYA ~ Love, protection. Health of body and mind, clarity. Magnification of devotion.
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.

-----------------------------

ABOUT THE ARTIST - Lynryd-Jym Narciso 
Lynyrd-Jym Narciso is a Filipino artist who has been creating tarot-related art since 2005. He has been published by major publishers, independent ones, and he also self-publishes his creations. He is drawn to the differences between art styles - what he calls "art taxonomy", which is reflected in the variety of visual styles of his creations. He publishes most of his card-related works under his studio/vanity press Paraluman. You can visit him at: https://paralumanstudio.blogspot.com

• luna65 unlocked this topic

This reminds me a bit of something like Pherodise or Ohana in the sense that it's a lovely tropical floral, in a perfume-y kind of way.  I think the blending of papaya and magnolia is really nice - normally I can't wear magnolia but it works well in this instance as it's tempered by the other notes.  I get a bit of the coconut/sandalwood thing in the long drydown, but it's mostly magnolia on me (as white florals do tend to amp on my skin).

I love that the reviews for the new releases are starting ! Really excited to get mine ! This one sounds nice...I hope that I don't amp up the magnolia, though. I mainly got a trial of this for the papaya note, I love papaya. Also looking forward to trying Lumina...I got a pherotine in it unscented, too. Thank you for reviewing this ! 

• 2 weeks later...

This was beautiful, at first...a great coconut scent, & the aquatic note reminded me of summer rain. I got none of the other notes, just Coconut + the aquatic note. 

If it stayed that way, it would have been FB worthy for sure....but, it morphed into straight floral on me, & that just isn’t my thing. 

When I first got my pkg, I sniffed this in the vial and I could detect the coconut. But today, in the vial and on my skin, it’s all clean fresh magnolia, all the time. I have no problem with this :lol:

I'm getting a bottle of this, and I’m wearing it every day! 

Oh wow. Move over, Winter in the Tropics!

Okay, they're nothing alike, but the description includes the phrase "Cruise Season." And they both have white flowers. But this is what I wanted Winter in the Tropics to feel like. WITT always felt like dress up to me, this is a sexy skin scent, where the skin is still warm from the sun, even though the sun just went down. Instead of going into the fancy restaurant, let's lay around outside and have them bring the food to us because we can't be bothered with shoes.

@luna65, if his stays this yummy I'll be getting a bottle, you're right about Mara's genius and trying them all. I don't do white florals but the magnolia is smoothed and chilled out by the Sandalwood and coconut and the rest of whatever Magic she threw in. Please don't change, Ms. Sarong!

Edit- three hours later, I still smell amazing! The papaya and coconut are still going strong and the magnolia is behaving so well.

Edited by Eastwood22

@tyvey it really lasted on me. In fact, I re-upped with two little wand swipes before bed, and I could still smell it on me this morning when I was out and about, fragrance free, after showering!

Lumina- Sparkle Cuddle Softness

I got a lot of water accord with this one. I can’t really pick anything else out. 

Lumina- REALLY good hits- (it seemed to have a farther throw as well)  from people for sure. Personally it made me feel “Sparkly” a sort of soft-feminine cuddle sparkle, the dreaded lil girl voice came out.

I am not a cuddler at all. Don’t get me wrong I can enjoy being held, but Lumina is not for me self effect-wise. I enjoy Levitation more, and am glad because I ended up with 3 trials of it! Only the one with Lumina. 💜

Edited by amoradrianam
Info

I just ordered a bottle of Sarong. Lumina is my jam, and despite the magnolia being perfectly well-behaved, it still makes me a little nervous. I'm just not good with white flowers. Headaches and emergency wash-offs have ensued. (Tuberose, honey, I'm not talking about you, you just settle back down and stay right there on Fairy Cake Island.) I'm not generally drawn to anything with water accords, either. This one really is unique, though, and the papaya/coconut is warm and sweet and creamy enough that I can wear this magnolia all day long. 

Wow what an interesting unique blending of notes! Magnolia is the most prominent while wet. At that stage it really smelled like high end dryer sheets to me. I could smell the water accord at that point too. As it settled the coconut starting smoothing it out somewhat. I can also now smell the papaya but it’s more of an impression than a distinct note. If I sniff really deeply I can pick it out but I don’t think I’d be able to if I didn’t know the notes. Even with the fruitiness blended in, this still seems more the way a product would smell and less like a perfume. Maybe an upscale triple milled bar soap or body product. It’s actually one of my favorite things about LPs, the unconventional way perfumes here can smell. Makes life so much less boring I think.

• 1 month later...

I know I'm late to the party with all these reviews, but wow, this one is really a major surprise hit for me! I tested it blind and was so shocked to read the notes. Normally I despise magnolia, and fruit on my skin is a miss 85% of the time, but this blending is so divine and smooth and integrated. Beautiful, soft, understated, and much more elegant than I would have guessed by notes alone. I've been reaching for this one a lot. Could it be that - shock of all shocks - it's my favorite of the NRs?? Mara's genius knows no bounds!

Tangentially, I haven't given Lumina a real chance until now and I have no idea why - I guess because I love my SS4W so much and hoarded when it reached it's end days, and they always intellectually seemed similar to me. Which makes sense that it's in Sneaky Clean now! I think the only other thing I wear it in is GOTBM 2018? But I've been getting great hits with it in this, so methinks it's time I give UN Lumina a proper ride. And probably stock up  on Sneaky Clean...

• 4 weeks later...

Naturally, I didn't read my prior reviews when I put this on at 7:30am, I just put it on. 

My first thought, "Huh. I knew this was more floral than I normally go for, but Lumina never lets me down. But I wonder why I bought this? Maybe I just needed to buy something from the new collection? Who knows. It's not a "me" scent, but it's nice and the water accord keeps it fresh and clean." 

I went and taught a meditation class, but I was a bit on fire from the Literary Salon last night, so we had a great (and short) discussion beforehand. After that meditation class I taught a large yoga class, and it was approximately 9:30am when I got a good hit of warmed up Sarong off of my skin. Two hours later, Sarong had bloomed into a gorgeous, fluffy and unobtrusive magnolia "lounging" on the most cuddly coconut sandalwood pillow, cocooned in the finest cool silk pillow case. The official description does read "lounging," and that's the most accurate way to describe it, how does Mara do that? I can see the big thick leaved flower just resting there.

By 10:00am, I'm huffing my wrists. By 10:30am, I have my sweatshirt on, and I'm breathing through my sleeve because I got some on them this morning and un-Sarong'd air just isn't good enough. So there's no skin chemistry change situation, there's no difference between Sarong on my wrists or on the fabric three hours in. It's just spectacular and cozy and beautiful and cuddly and regal. Like cuddling with a queen. Not a queen, The Queen. (Borrowing from Game of Thrones- Petyr Baelish: Do you want to be a queen? Margaery Tyrell: No. I want to be the queen.) But this queen isn't bitchy or greedy, just beautiful, soft, lucious, and dignified, a breath of superior and creamy air! Can air be creamy? I think so. Just breath through my sweatshirt sleeves. 

At 12:30pm, 5 hours later, it's more of a creamy sandalwood skin scent on my wrists, the magnolia and papaya are more powerful on the fabric, now I like it better on my skin. I am so glad I bought a FB of Sarong! I hope I don't forget why I bought it again....

Edited by Eastwood22

• 1 year later...

Magnolia is the first impression. Floral, fruity, and really pretty. It's a nice spring scent. Sarong feels like when everything is blooming and the sun is shining, but it's not hot, yet. There's a lushness to it. The juiciness keeps it from being too floral or too coconutty.  It fades to a very quiet, not quite powdery floral that's mostly magnolia and coconut with a little bit of sandalwood underneath. It fades really quickly on me, which is the only drawback.

• 1 month later...

I bought this during the sale this summer and due to packing and getting ready for a move, I finally found this baby again...

I wore it today for the first time...I love scents with water accord and coconut but was a bit nervous about the other notes as I'm not a big floral person...

OMG, this one is so amazing, this is like summer in a bottle.  I love how all of the notes play nicely and none of them dominate. Lumina is one of my favorite phero's.

I like wearing this to work as its not overbearing and just is so soft, delicate and delightful to wear...love this so much

• 2 years later...

This is really lovely. Very balanced: the juicy sweetness of the papaya, the creamy coconut and sandalwood, and the magnolia in the foreground. I don’t always love water accords (especially in commercial perfumes, where it goes straight to my sinuses), but Mara’s aquatic notes are always well blended into the scent and part of the overall “story” as opposed to being a jack in the box that punches me in the nose.  This is a lazy afternoon in a tropical garden.  Maybe it’s the creaminess, but there’s something a little gracefully languid about it.  I’m imagining a woman in one of those massive summer hats and chic sunglasses lounging with an icy drink.