Latica w/Cougar Potion

il_fullxfull.1762533076_d712.jpg

A scent like the softest of petals against your skin, this alluringly feminine fragrance with a luminous tropical mood will be just the thing to make heads turn and interest flourish! Featuring an ambrosial shower of plumeria varieties and adorned with a sei in the form of a tuberose blossom, then quenched with bright tangy peach and peach blossom, bolstered by benzoin and just a pinch of dried sage. To further dazzle your admirers we’ve included our exclusive COUGAR pheromone formula, which lends a vigorous *sparkle* to the wearer that gives off an aura of ageless youthful fertility. 

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
PLUMERIA ~ Love, strong ingredient for love spells.
PEACH and PEACH BLOSSOMS ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.
TUBEROSE ~ Dangerous pleasure. Excitement, sensuality.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.
SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.

-----------------------------

ABOUT THE ARTIST - Lynryd-Jym Narciso 
Lynyrd-Jym Narciso is a Filipino artist who has been creating tarot-related art since 2005. He has been published by major publishers, independent ones, and he also self-publishes his creations. He is drawn to the differences between art styles - what he calls "art taxonomy", which is reflected in the variety of visual styles of his creations. He publishes most of his card-related works under his studio/vanity press Paraluman. You can visit him at: https://paralumanstudio.blogspot.com

• luna65 unlocked this topic

Latica is a bit of a head scratcher for me. It’s full of notes that I typically don’t like yet I do like this very much. The peach and peach blossom open up very strong in a lovely springy way. Those are notes that are hit or miss for me in general but I love them in Latica. The tuberose and benzoin add a smoothness and richness that take awhile to really emerge while the brightness of the peach mellows out. Both of those can be death notes for me but they work beautifully here. And the sage adds a cleanness. It’s in the background really, just a wisp, but there. Also usually a death note for me. I know I say it a lot but this perfume is a perfect example of why getting the Samplers is a must. Things I should love, I sometimes don’t and things I am sure that I will hate and on paper should, end up being surprise loves. Such is the genius of Mara. She blends things in such a brilliant and unexpected way that you can’t ever truly predict what your loves and hates will be. Latica is a surprise hit for me.

At first, I get that sweet peachy fruit punch-y scent of the plumeria and the peach notes which is a wonderful combination, I really enjoy it, and it definitely has the right upbeat evocation for Cougar.  After a time the tuberose emerges but it melds really well with the other notes, so it's not quite the kind of overpowering thing that tuberose can do on me sometimes.  It's a really upbeat take on tropical floral, I think, in that it's a sweet-tangy-lush kind of vibe.  Great for Spring or Summer and if you've never tried Cougar Potion because grapefruit isn't your thing, then you might want to give this a whirl.

This is a delicious peachy-plumeria scent on me. I'm not getting any tuberose yet, although it's only been about a half of an hour since I put it on. It is really sweet and has great throw, plus a really happy vibe to it.  This will be great to wear in the spring and summer!

• 2 weeks later...

Latica starts out all peachy on me, a sweet, ripe peach. There's a hint of something perfume-y in there. As it dries down, the plumeria really blooms. It's super pretty, and perfect for Spring. Three hours later, it's still detectable at skin level, but the big waft it had at the beginning is gone. 

• 1 month later...

This smells soooooo good. My favorite LP scent so far and I think I own or have full bottles or samples of at least 30 blends. I haven’t even checked for self effects. Will be doing full bottle with this one 💕

• 1 month later...

Wow! This one packs a wallop! My first impression of it was that it was really strong, lol! I really like it a lot...but to me, it's all fruit. It's the fruitiest of fruits. If there was an ancestral fruit from whence all other fruits came, it would smell and taste like this. If there was a fruit kingdom, this would be its Queen (yes, capitalized and everything. And I said Queen instead of King because it's very feminine to me. Although if I was royalty, I'd make everyone call me King instead of Queen even though I'm female because fuck you, that's why--I'm the mf'ing monarch! Anyone complains? Off with their heads!).

(I talk a mighty imperial game for someone whose ancestors on all sides were, as far as I can tell, peasants all the way down.) Anyway...

After it dries down completely, I maybe get a bit of floral. Maybe. I mean I guess I do. But it's much more fruit-forward. 

Now let's talk about the type of fruit. Peach. I cannot BELIEVE that the only fruit in this thing is peach. To me, it smells like a medley of every different kind of fruit you can imagine, and several that you can't. Every fruit that exists in this dimension, with a few thrown in from all the others. The Holy Grail of fruit punches, as it were. And it doesn't turn plasticky on me! Peach usually does.

So my point is, I really love it. I'd buy a bottle if I could and didn't have 500 million various bottles already. Flipping peasant ancestors. I might, though. If it's still around when I have money. I mean if you like fruit scents, you HAVE to have this.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed wearing this today, and even though I really love grapefruit (Pallas is a top hit) the other Scented Cougars were not for me. I do love Peach, all peaches, and this is a sticky drippy ripe peach. Definitely farmers market organic brightly colored Peach, that not out-of-season disappointing supermarket peach. Tuberose was one of my favorite Fairy Cakes, absolutely positively the only floral Fairy Cake I need, this tuberose is a little more mellow, kicking it side by side with the plumeria.I don't know if it's the sage or benzoin, but something adds a richer depth, so it's not just a fruity floral. I wouldn't say it's a "grown up lady" mature perfume, but it's not for teenagers, either. It's a great carrier for Cougar!

When I make my next order, pretty sure this will be on it. BF is out of town so I'll save rest of the trial for when he's home.

• 4 months later...

Whoa, this is very airy and almost ozoney to me at first (no idea what note this was) but sweetened up over time. There's still something a bit sharp about it until about 4 hours after application. I didn't get a sweet, fruity vibe at all - maybe there was something light and sweet in the background, but on my skin it felt like sharp, airy floral. Still pleasant in its own way, but not what I was expecting. I'm going to try this scent again and shake the vial next time.

BUT THE EFFECTS! This was my first time trying anything with Cougar, and wow! This had me smiling as soon as I put it on. I went to an event with a friend and we were just giggling nonstop in the car. Both of us had so much fun! This is better than Girl/Girl for me for having a good time with the girls. I was maybe a little bit spacey (and I wasn't wearing much!) but in a good way, like when you want to just let loose  and have fun, and not have to be the "smart, responsible one."  I got no sexual hits as far as I know, but  I was having too much fun to notice or care. 😄

When I came home, I had to finish some homework for school, and I was confident, productive, and felt like I figured out the problems pretty quickly, so it didn't make me too spacey to function, which is good. I'll test Cougar Potion next.