New to LPMP

HipGrrrl

It was recommended I post here because I am a newbie (at so many things, but LPMP in particular 😊).

I discovered LPMP while searching online for an essential oil blend of lavender and pumpkin spice because I'm always looking for scents that amp my perceived attractiveness to others...it makes life more fun :). There was a reddit comment referencing something similar from LPMP that caused a boyfriend to forget entirely about the job of moving apartments  and become laser focused on swift and immediate activity that was not remotely related to packing boxes. I thought to myself “THIS is the one I need!!”

Long story short, LPMP no longer has that blend available, but finding the site led me to HOURS of reading on the forums and becoming more and more convinced that I had to get me the entire store...which I'm working on order by order.

I've been wearing two particular perfumes for a few years made by a organic perfumery but they've discontinued the two that I really liked, so it was time to branch out – and wow! I'm glad I did!! After a few weeks of wearing LPMP, my prior perfumes seem very flat to me – which is never how I would have described them before.

Years ago I randomly purchased a couple pheromone perfumes (at one of those "at home" parties because I had to buy SOMETHING that wouldn't send spouse off the deep end, lol). I think I wore them a few times just because they were there but there was nothing about them that I really liked or even noticed – except the potential, I suppose.

From LPMP, I bought a phero sample pack and a summer 2018 sample pack and started playing. I haven't messed around with the un-pheroed scents much. It's not that they don't smell yummy (because they do) but given the opportunity I tend towards the boosted scents because more is better. Right? Right. That's what I thought 😉.

More musky scents attract me.  I've never been a fan of super sweet but I've been surprised how much I've like LPMP's florals and some of the very sweet ones. When I was in college (maybe high school.  I'm so old if it's that far back things sorta blend, lol) vanilla was HUGE and while I like vanilla, I have never wanted to walk around smelling like a cupcake and I recall lots of girls smelling like cupcakes.  Much to my surprise, the vanilla in LPMP scents is wonderful and delicious in a way I never knew it could be.  I love nutmeg and cinnamon (although years ago I bought some sort of body lotion with cinnamon and it smelled like Red Hots.  That was not at all nice).  There are some scents I will never ever care for because I have a true hatred of patchouli...likely not deserved but I find it very assaultive...perhaps because in my youth I worked in a super "cool" and alternative used clothing store, in a basement, with no ventilation, and when the patchouli lovers would come in they would be DOUSED and I could not escape. Even when they left, it felt like I'd be swimming in it forever. So, my feelings on this could be purely psychological🙄. I hope to recover so I can wear some of the LPMP signature blends without feeling a little freaked.

Cougar Potion is great.  I've had nice and friendly hits with that as well.  One DIHL from a guy who was sitting a looooong way away from us during dinner.  On his way out he was grinning at me and then paused by my chair to do...nothing, lol.  Two priests were eating dinner next to us and before we knew it, they had schooched over to chat, chat, chat with me totally uninvited.  When I wear it out shopping, everyone is nice to the extreme.  Yesterday I put it on about 6 a.m. (I don't think I wear a lot.  Small dabs to wrists, smoosh and then one light, light line from bellybutton to under-boob) and after working out around 10:30ish a.m., I reapplied to my wrists after changing.  I got TIRED.  Like so, so, so tired.  I could barely hit the grocery store and as soon as I got home I took a crazy deep nap.  Maybe I'm phero-easy.

I LOVE Gossamer Threads (it's with CB and the "hits" have been great, but I adore the smell).  Spouse loves it and will tell me over and over again how pretty and delicious I am when worn.  I left a review with some funny hits for that one. My heart is broken that now that I finally discovered this it has gone away.

I wore Bad Girl 2018 to the gym and I found it interesting.  I like the perfume but I think maybe the leather phero is weird for me.  One of many paper towel dispensers wasn't working and I found myself getting VERY irritated about it and that's not my norm.  On the other hand, it was easier to push myself on The Hated Butt Machines than normal.  More experimenting with this one.

LP Orig, Red and Black - too much patchouli.  So sad.  Must work on scent memory for these 😪.  That being said, I put on a smidge of LP Original this morning around 6 and now by 11 a.m., it's toned down a little and I can focus on the lovely, lovely notes it has without being pummeled by patchouli.  Maybe there's hope!!

Deliciae w/popularity was quite handy to wear to a meet and greet with a few moms who I don't know well.  Our girls are BFFs but my daughter is the new one, so I really wanted to make a good impression.  I don't think I"m fond of the berry/sweet notes in this one - but it is pretty.  Generally people like me but I am very shy when I don't know people well and sometimes feel terribly awkward.  This seemed to help.

Blud w/Phero (this was the label.  I assume it has Sexpionage - it was a free sample).  I liked this one A LOT.  I was surprised because I've never thought "food" scents were my thing...it's dark and rich, tho.  Nice, nice, nice.  I think I only wore it in the house.

Carta J'Amour w/DHEAS and a-nol was worn once...my thoughts are getting very blended about the perfumes I've tried that don't stand out in hugely so I'll have to try this one again.  I think it was very sweet.

Phero Girl w/EoW.  I love honey scents!  I'm not sure if they love me, but this one is sexy as all heck.  I feel amazing when it's on.  I've only worn this one in the house and my spouse may or may not have noticed it.  Hard to tell these days.  I need to wear it some more and see if I can get some of those EoW self-effects.

Cuddle Bunny 2009.  I want to.  OMG, how bad I want to but I cannot.  It's so strong and detergenty on me that I can't bear to smell myself.  I'm so jelly of those that wear it and love it.  Interestingly, spouse said it was "flowery" and "pretty".  I'm starting to think he's an EST guy.

Vampire Bait.  I like this one, too.  There's an element to it that I find super hot and smooth.  There's a note or two that make it not my most favorite blend ever but the other notes make it worthwhile.

Creamed Honey - I love this one.  I had an interesting experience with this tho. I got my load of vials on tumbling class night and put on a little (just a SMIDGE on wrists) of the Creamed Honey before going.  Once we came in and sat down, a woman next to me scooted away from me and loudly said "I didn't move away from you because you smelled - I just didn't want you to think that!"  I was like "Oooookay.  What in the heck?"  She pretty quickly ended up out of her chair, sitting about as far away from me as possible.  It was weird.  THEN, one of my daughter's friends mom's was there at the end of class and I was talking to her about cheer - she was answering me but she wouldn't even look at me and couldn't get away from me fast enough.  I was SO confused by the whole night...and worried.  What did I do?  Why isn't BFF Mom being friendly?  Later it occurred to me that maybe the honey was very overtly sexual and they couldn't deal.  BUT It has no EoW!!  No cops at all!!  And in case anyone wants to know, I had showered about an hour before class so I REALLY don't think it was me stinking up the gym, lol.

I'm sure there are others, but I have so many tiny little vials laying around it's easy for me to forget. I believe it's time to buy a notebook just for journaling my LPMP journey 😍.

Maybe this is not the spot for my thoughts on all these scents...but any thoughts on the Creamed Honey and ghosting in particular would be appreciated.

Thank you LPMP!!

Edited by HipGrrrl
Obsessive Self-Editor

Awesome reviews!  Have you thought about surprising your spouse with any LPMP scents?  There are plenty of amazing ones that you might want to smell on them!

Removed because I woke up in the middle of the night thinking “Wow!  That post was not well done at all”.  Fit of anger + disappointment = non-judicious posting of TMI.  Whoops.

Edited by HipGrrrl
TMI, TMI, TMI.

Uh oh. Don't be so hard on yourself! This is a pretty mellow place to hang out. If reviews had to be done very well, I'd have never left any! I've said many dumb things on here, but I'm blessed with a short memory so I forget my own transgressions.  

6 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

Uh oh. Don't be so hard on yourself! This is a pretty mellow place to hang out. If reviews had to be done very well, I'd have never left any! I've said many dumb things on here, but I'm blessed with a short memory so I forget my own transgressions.  

Ahahaha!  I was just going to say something similar!  I can't count the number of times I've put my proverbial foot in my mouth here.  You're among (new) friends so don't worry too much. :Emoticons10311:

My kids would be happy to tell you that I only say dumb stuff. Thing is, you haven't said anything dumb yet. Don't make us wait forever!

Edited by Eastwood22

Lolol - my kids tell me me the same... I’ll just blame all the TMI on a Phero - I just don’t know which one 🙄.  Thank you everyone that read my Vomitmous post and were nice.  Sometime daily life gets hold of me and does not want to let go.

i wore GT/CB out to see a band tonight.  Review coming and tooooooo funny.

• 2 weeks later...