Just Sharing an Interesting Phero Moment

Dolly

OK, so some of you will probably say.....WHY is she posting this story? Has she gone insane while on vacation? No, this is just something that interested me when it happened.....you know how all of us ladies talk about copulins, covering them, how much they stink, do our "targets" conciously detect and/or recognize them, etc etc etc etc.....

Since I started using pheros (almost 5 years now), I never EVER told any of my husbands, boyfriends, or whatever about them. The only person who knew was my mother, who is hilarious when I tell her my "hit stories".....

Anywhoooo.....it just so happened that, when LP started selling pheros, I was sending an email to the lovely Mara, asking some details about the phero add-ins......well, I accidentally sent it to my sweetie's email address instead......OOOOPS! He got the email, and what had ensued were several phero conversations, and I got him started wearing Super, which he really has fun with. But, he is still skeptical, and thinks that 90% of the phero "hits" are coincidence....

Well, so he knows I wear them, but he has no idea WHICH pheros I wear, or WHEN. While we were on vacation, we decided that we were going to go out loaded with pheros, just for fun. He slathered himself with Super for Men, and I decided to go with the Blatant Invitation/CFM combo.

So, he walks by as I'm applying the BI, and he says....."GEEEEEZ, that smells like BUTT!!!" I said, "Just be patient......you won't even smell it when I'm done." He says....."No, you're going to ruin the smell of the CFM." (he puts on the big pout-face, because he LOVES CFM, and doesn't realize that I have worn it layered with BI practically everytime I have worn it around him). So after the BI dried down, I put on CFM.....he comes over and smells me....then he smells my arm where I had purposely put NO BI. He says....."Hey, I smell the difference. Your neck has this skunky thing going on"....I had a horrified look on my face.....SKUNKY THING?????? He noticed the look on my face, and so he says...."Let me try to explain it. I think there is something to these pheromones. I can detect them under the perfume, and they don't smell good......BUT they do turn me on. And, isn't that the point?"

So, here I have a realization, from a phero NEWBIE and total SKEPTIC. While his concious mind apparently recognizes them, the subconcious effects that he gets from them are exactly what they are supposed to be......

I think what I have drawn from this is that while we may detect the pheros and cops, think that they are foul, and covering them is generally necessary, I am now realizing that we may not have to be quite so adamant about TOTALLY covering them to the point that they are undetectable.....the copulins are MEANT to be detected by males, after all.....

So, those of you who are looking for a sexual reaction and not seeming to get it with BI, Essence Oil, or any of the other potions with cops, try not covering the quite so completely, and see what happens.....

BTW, we had a WILD night that evening......

nice report dolly! When I wear cops (eow) I can always smell them, and it's not pleasing.

However, when I tried blatant invitation, the cops didn't smell so bad (which I didn't expect!) it died down after 10mins and I had to sniff my wrists to smell the stinky cops but other wise it didn't smell horrid. I'm learning to cover it though! I ordered eow, can't wait to try that stuff!

Edited by esmeralda

Christopher Brosius (for those who don't know who he is, he is the founder of Demeter and now has his own company called CB I Hate Perfume, and he has the olfactory equivalent of a eidetic memory) made a couple of interesting observations about the way scent works (Mara has mentioned "scent memory" as well previously):

People often smell things in my perfume that simply aren’t there. But that’s as it should be and goes back to that “language of scent” thing I mentioned earlier. The perfume has to spark an emotional response – that’s how the brain works – and with that emotion comes memory. Even if the scent isn’t exactly what you recall, memory naturally fills in the blanks with those elements (like sweat) that add up to the experience you had yourself.

I think pheromones - as a compound, a chain of moleules - do the same thing, they fill in the gaps to trigger the brain towards a specific response, even with the cognitive dissonance of being something the nose rejects, but the brain accepts. But I also believe our societal conditioning rejects the "raw" at times, and that's one reason why we feel we need to disguise the odor, because the naked agenda of transmitting such a message is too obvious in regards to the social code.

He also made a comment - and I wish I could find the quote - about men loving the smell of vagina, but you couldn't make a perfume from it (though M&D have proven you can make a perfume with it). It came out a discussion about how young girls love the smell of gasoline, or how some people love the scent of skunk. What's funny about the whole thing is that he came up with a fragrance called Reinvention: CBMusk, which some people have called Eau de Skank because it is just too blatantly sexual.

What's funny about the whole thing is that he came up with a fragrance called Reinvention: CBMusk, which some people have called Eau de Skank because it is just too blatantly sexual.

Haha, I'd be interested in smelling that one!

Hello folks, I'm also from over at Androtics. Have posted here and there but mostly lurked. I see a lot of AR folks are starting to come this way. :D

Ooo, nice analogy there, Scourger. That makes a lot of sense to me.

I *love* the few CB samples I've purchased... His Summer 1966 brought me *right* back to my days as a kid with my mom and sister at Jones Beach in NY. Down to the feeling of dragging beach chairs across the hot parking lot, and the smell of our towels as we used them to sit on on the black faux leather seats in the car on the way home! He's done some amazingly evocative stuff. I'd love to visit his Musk scent...

Wow DOLLY, just WOW!

So I opened up this thread earlier today, but got interrupted before I could read it.

I just read it but between the time I opened it (earlier today) and now, this is what happened:

I went to the movies with my BF but before he got here I decided to put on some EoW Oil and then apply Something Voodoo. Well after I let the EoW dry down for about 15-20 mins my boy arrived. I ran down the stairs to put on SV and my BF came in just as I was finishing. (now he knows I wear pheros and is skeptical like your beau dolly.) Well he notices an odour in the air and says to me "your wearing that stinky one, I can smell it" I tried to tell him that I was only wearing SV and play the innocent card, but I couldnt do it lol, he knew.

Well, I worry that he is going to be repulsed by me all night, but your right Dolly, the smell may be nasty, BUT it works and even though I feel stupid sometimes when he can smell it, reality is that it isnt about the scent alone but the response it creates (sometimes against the guys knowledge)

SO I am glad I read this now, thanks Dolly!

Haha, I'd be interested in smelling that one!

Hello folks, I'm also from over at Androtics. Have posted here and there but mostly lurked. I see a lot of AR folks are starting to come this way. :blue_dancing_banana:

Hey Ariadne, glad to see you back here. I noticed when you came over from androtics a couple months back. I love seeing the friendly faces here. Hope you stick around and enjoy this forum as well as all the amazing LPs. They have put some FABULOUS scents out lately, so if you havent ordered recently, oh my I do think you should check them out! :D

Well, I worry that he is going to be repulsed by me all night, but your right Dolly, the smell may be nasty, BUT it works and even though I feel stupid sometimes when he can smell it, reality is that it isnt about the scent alone but the response it creates (sometimes against the guys knowledge)

SO I am glad I read this now, thanks Dolly!

You're very welcome! It does work, that's for sure!!

*polite cough* I believe you mean Luna.

While I have been looking at the CB scents, I have yet to get so far as choose which ones to order. (Months long process for some reason.)

Doh! Yes, of course I did... :D ...I posted too quickly before running out of the house...

I know my sweetie smells *all* of the pheros I've tried so far, but I'm stuck at the point where I probably don't apply ENOUGH, afraid of having them be overwhelming to him. So, most times, I don't get the "hits" I ought to.

Doh! Yes, of course I did... :blue_dancing_banana: ...I posted too quickly before running out of the house...

I know my sweetie smells *all* of the pheros I've tried so far, but I'm stuck at the point where I probably don't apply ENOUGH, afraid of having them be overwhelming to him. So, most times, I don't get the "hits" I ought to.

I think you need to let yourself go seriously ALL OUT one night and enjoy the rewards. THat will be incentive to use lots ;)

I think you need to let yourself go seriously ALL OUT one night and enjoy the rewards. THat will be incentive to use lots :blue_dancing_banana:

Oh YEAH, BABY!!! I AGREE!!!!

My interesting phero moment happened while wearing

nasty habits w/ sunshine pheros.

When i went to my local grocery store ,my girls a i

went through a check out line that has the most

grouchy , snarly check out clerk .Hes worked there

for a couple of years ,and in all that time we have never

once seen him smile or utter more than 3 or 4 words.

Anywho,after a couple of min. he started to chat with me ,

not in a flirty way , but .......in a nice, friendly {normal humanbeing}way.lol

The look on my daughters faces was priceless, and on the clerk

workin behind him. {Total shock was the look }When we left the check out line

my oldest dtr. asked if i had my happy pheros on , i said yes ,she said those things

are the* bomb* they actually made that crabby clerk nice !

Then she asked if she can have a bottle to wear to school around a

couple of her crabby teachers.LOL :D

My interesting phero moment happened while wearing

nasty habits w/ sunshine pheros.

When i went to my local grocery store ,my girls a i

went through a check out line that has the most

grouchy , snarly check out clerk .Hes worked there

for a couple of years ,and in all that time we have never

once seen him smile or utter more than 3 or 4 words.

Anywho,after a couple of min. he started to chat with me ,

not in a flirty way , but .......in a nice, friendly {normal humanbeing}way.lol

The look on my daughters faces was priceless, and on the clerk

workin behind him. {Total shock was the look }When we left the check out line

my oldest dtr. asked if i had my happy pheros on , i said yes ,she said those things

are the* bomb* they actually made that crabby clerk nice !

Then she asked if she can have a bottle to wear to school around a

couple of her crabby teachers.LOL :)

Awesome story!! Don't you love having that effect on others, especially grouchy people?! :D