Good Places To Test Dominance and Leather?

I like to test pheros like that out shopping. You won't get as many nuances with strangers as with people you know, but it will still give you some general ideas. Do people seem intimidated? Are they extra friendly and chatty? Go out of their way to help and seem eager to please? Avoid you entirely? Stuff like that. It's also a good way to see what self effects there are and how they change your behavior before throwing pheros into the dynamics of an already existing relationship. For example, I've discovered I am far more comfortable in Dominance than Leather, but for some people it's the exact opposite.  With stores I go to often, like the grocery store or Target, while the individuals at any given moment are different, I still have a baseline of how trips generally go and what interactions there tend to be like so am able to get some good comparisons. 

Edited by greenappletart

14 hours ago, Honeycake said:

I want to test these two, but I don't want to ruin relationships or upset people.  What are some good scenarios and places to test these two pheros?

Since I love these and have, over the years, tried them everywhere. Either because I wanted the selfies or was having a "let's test it" day. Then later with  more intent. I can give you my IMO's.

Probably easier to start with where [for me] it does not work.

WORK. Yea, IKR? I mean really. Most days I'm pretty chill. Others I want to kick ass in one way or another. It would seem like the right answer. But, I've tried a quite few times and Dom is a no go. It's all in the selifies here. I can wear it any day, any other time.  But, in this one environment, I feel bitchy and sometimes downright angry. Honestly I cant really say how it affects others here because I did not ever fucking care at the time.  

Leather was more manageable and balanced in that environment. But nothing is promised. 

If you are starting out. Just do one type at a time over a couple of weeks. But, not everyday. Dont OD. Wear it out and about doing your day to day stuff. Like they say, set it and forget it. Try it alone and around others. Find out how you feel in it. Sit back and think about the interactions in it. Dont LOOK for reactions. Dont tell anyone. You're juicing your own results. Give yourself time to reach your own conclusions.  

Definitely try it out before you are around your family. And if you do eventually experiment on them start with Leather first. 

I love experments. Its so fun. 

3 hours ago, StacyK said:

Since I love these and have, over the years, tried them everywhere. Either because I wanted the selfies or was having a "let's test it" day. Then later with  more intent. I can give you my IMO's.

Probably easier to start with where [for me] it does not work.

WORK. Yea, IKR? I mean really. Most days I'm pretty chill. Others I want to kick ass in one way or another. It would seem like the right answer. But, I've tried a quite few times and Dom is a no go. It's all in the selifies here. I can wear it any day, any other time.  But, in this one environment, I feel bitchy and sometimes downright angry. Honestly I cant really say how it affects others here because I did not ever fucking care at the time.  

Leather was more manageable and balanced in that environment. But nothing is promised. 

If you are starting out. Just do one type at a time over a couple of weeks. But, not everyday. Dont OD. Wear it out and about doing your day to day stuff. Like they say, set it and forget it. Try it alone and around others. Find out how you feel in it. Sit back and think about the interactions in it. Dont LOOK for reactions. Dont tell anyone. You're juicing your own results. Give yourself time to reach your own conclusions.  

Definitely try it out before you are around your family. And if you do eventually experiment on them start with Leather first. 

I love experments. Its so fun. 

Hey StacyK,

I hope you are well.  Thanks for that response. 

I never tell about the pheros, :)  but I am curious about reactions because I typically don't wear alpha fragrances and people respond so differently to me when I do.  I have to go to the library - I wonder if this would work there? 

Do you think Dom or Leather has the potential to make others challenge me?  Particularly women? 

On 5/9/2019 at 1:22 PM, Honeycake said:

Hey StacyK,

I hope you are well.  Thanks for that response. 

I never tell about the pheros, :)  but I am curious about reactions because I typically don't wear alpha fragrances and people respond so differently to me when I do.  I have to go to the library - I wonder if this would work there? 

Do you think Dom or Leather has the potential to make others challenge me?  Particularly women? 

I have never had a challenge type of reaction from a woman wearing Dom or Leather. I never had any negative reaction from anyone actually. 

If thats a concern start with Leather. Yes, Its half EST but its all ALFA all the way. 

I have had enhanced scents in both and UN Oil and Un Spray bottles of each. I'm all out of UN Leather (both bottles) and almost out of DOM. That should tell you how much I like them. 

Socially, I have had people be more intrested all around. I'd just dab some on, not too much, and give it a spin. 

Both Dom & Leather have held my ex at a distance. Loved that. 

Then of course there's the more sexual component. Some men really like it. I always add a bit of cops for that.  

But, IMO Start out on your own, get the feel of it. How do you feel in it? 

I think that's one of the best questions about pheros anyone can ask. I have learned that I really just like to know how I like it. Then test it out and about. Then if you have specific target tests go get 'em. 

I find they booth give me a boost of confidence. 

Edited by StacyK

This is all good to know.  I noticed that sometimes when I am in alpha blends there is always one women who will test the heck out of me and I was scared that I might incite a mob to beat my butt or something if I wore it out in public.

Hon an alpha blend with cops.... Sheesh Dunno...it all does make me curious. 

I think I will try the dominant blends on specific targets. 

If they both give you a boost of confidence, which one do you like more?

Alpha blends with Cops can be a lot of fun. I got a bottle of Mistress Mine boosted with Cops. If you find the alphas blends flip your bitch switch, try adding a little DHEAS to the mix.

Hey OceanJewel.

Thanks for joining in.  I am scared of cops and alpha...alpha is potent enough! Goodness adding cops ...I dunno.

I tend not to get selfies.   I am worried if it flips other women's bitch switch!  :)  Haha!

I don't think I have single DHEAS.  I think I have that Cart D Amour with Dheas in it and I have Levitation.

I found out the hard way that I can’t wear Dom or other none heavy alpha blends from other lines in public. Nobody has tested me. They’d have to be crazy to do so because they make me scary. Like I literally check myself and am like WTF is wrong with me? I’m being such a total bitch that it’s embarrassing. Lol. Makes me confrontational which I do not enjoy at all.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:11 PM, oceanjewel said:

Alpha blends with Cops can be a lot of fun. I got a bottle of Mistress Mine boosted with Cops. If you find the alphas blends flip your bitch switch, try adding a little DHEAS to the mix.

At that point I'd go with Audacious. IMO, Its somewhat close to what you'd get if you combined Leather with DHEAS & cops. I think of it as the Alpha Party Girl mix. ;)

On 5/11/2019 at 1:44 AM, Honeycake said:

Hey OceanJewel.

Thanks for joining in.  I am scared of cops and alpha...alpha is potent enough! Goodness adding cops ...I dunno.

I tend not to get selfies.   I am worried if it flips other women's bitch switch!  :)  Haha!

I don't think I have single DHEAS.  I think I have that Cart D Amour with Dheas in it and I have Levitation.

Dont be afraid of Dom and cops. At the right time its great.

But, I think you should start out with Leather or Dom neat. Just to get the feel. 

But, you might want to get a trial of the Mistress LE. Great inexpensive way to try it. 

Have you tried any Leather or Dom yet?

On 5/13/2019 at 12:45 AM, halo0073 said:

I found out the hard way that I can’t wear Dom or other none heavy alpha blends from other lines in public. Nobody has tested me. They’d have to be crazy to do so because they make me scary. Like I literally check myself and am like WTF is wrong with me? I’m being such a total bitch that it’s embarrassing. Lol. Makes me confrontational which I do not enjoy at all.

That's what happened to me the first time I wore BI? Accompanied by a splitting headache. 

Edited by StacyK

5 minutes ago, StacyK said:

At that point I'd go with Audacious. IMO, Its somewhat close to what you'd get if you combined Leather with DHEAS & cops. I think if it as tbe Alpha Party Girl mix. ;)

Suggestion was more for Dom or Leather enhanced scents that don’t have a virgin version. I had to try Mistress Mine but I can’t wear Dom or Leather on their own.

On 5/12/2019 at 11:45 PM, halo0073 said:

Wow.... I am hoping that doesn't happen to me.  Or if it does I am aware of it and can stop myself. 

19 hours ago, StacyK said:

Dont be afraid of Dom and cops. At the right time its great.

But, I think you should start out with Leather or Dom neat. Just to get the feel. 

But, you might want to get a trial of the Mistress LE. Great inexpensive way to try it. 

I think the one I have is Mistress Mine. 

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:27 AM, greenappletart said:

I like to test pheros like that out shopping. You won't get as many nuances with strangers as with people you know, but it will still give you some general ideas. Do people seem intimidated? Are they extra friendly and chatty? Go out of their way to help and seem eager to please? Avoid you entirely? Stuff like that. It's also a good way to see what self effects there are and how they change your behavior before throwing pheros into the dynamics of an already existing relationship. For example, I've discovered I am far more comfortable in Dominance than Leather, but for some people it's the exact opposite.  With stores I go to often, like the grocery store or Target, while the individuals at any given moment are different, I still have a baseline of how trips generally go and what interactions there tend to be like so am able to get some good comparisons. 

I like to test pheros when I'm shopping, too. For some reason it seems like a very good gauge. I think, for one, the fact that I have to be out and about, driving with tourists on the road, I can easily test my patience level while wearing more "dominant" pheros. I can turn into quite the unreasonable bitch with too high a dose. So driving with tourists on the road is a good way to see if I'm feeling more aggravated than usual. And for two, I shop at all the same places throughout the week, so I deal with a lot of the same shopkeepers who are familiar with me, but who don't really know me, and it seems to help determine what the general vibe of a phero is while I, specifically, am wearing it, (as opposed to the general description of a particular blend). 

I like to test pheros at work, too, sometimes. Though generally not the more sexual blends. Sometimes though, if it's something like LAM. Being that my workplace is a social place, I get to deal with people I work with, and with whom I'm very familiar, and it's interesting to see their reactions to me while wearing different blends. Similarly, it's always kind of intriguing to see how our regulars relate to me while I'm wearing different blends. And finally, there are loads and loads of tourists with whom I must interact, and being that they're mostly strangers, it's kind of interesting to see their initial reactions to me when I approach their table, or chat with them at the front desk or the bar. 

I haven't worked up the courage to test Leather or Dominance at work. The possibility of my becoming too irritable and impatient with the tourists is way too high. I run the risk of losing my job! :lol:   I have worn Leather to work a few times, in a very low dose. But because I sometimes get the bitchies while I'm wearing it, I'm hyper-aware that I have it on at work, and tend to over-analyze my own reactions, and those of others. 

Omg yeah that could be a total disaster. It might end up being great and getting you outrageous tips but so risky to try to find out. And I agree you’d be too worried about self monitoring for it to work beautifully if it was going to. You’d really have to put it on by accident and not realize it until after work to be able to truly test it and that’s unlikely knowing you.

Thanks Greenappletart.  I missed your post.  That is a pretty good idea.  I will try that and I can maybe try it in a neighborhood that is not my own. 

Thanks Eggers.  I appreciate the feedback and you sharing your experience.  :)

Edited by Honeycake

19 hours ago, halo0073 said:

Omg yeah that could be a total disaster. It might end up being great and getting you outrageous tips but so risky to try to find out. And I agree you’d be too worried about self monitoring for it to work beautifully if it was going to. You’d really have to put it on by accident and not realize it until after work to be able to truly test it and that’s unlikely knowing you.

Yeah, I'm pretty good about planning which pheros I wear to work since it does make quite an impact on my work day, and my income! 

I do remember wearing Leather or Dominance to work one night, to "tame" our new female bartender's tendency to try to dominate the people she thought she should be "over". I don't remember what it did to my customers, if anything. But with the bartender it wound up having a dramatic and lasting effect. Rather than trying to assert her own dominance, she very quickly started to confide in me. Personal stuff. And I very quickly realized that she's not a dominant person by nature but by threat. She was feeling threatened, I Dommed or Leathered her, ONCE, and she gave in to my "dominance"? I'm not a person who generally tries to dominate others. I like things to be fair across the board. Once she recognized that she calmed right the eff down. And oddly, she's become one of my closest friends. All that out of one dose - and a really light one at that! 

But I don't think I would try Dom or Leather at work for any other reason. Or on a busy night because yes, it could be disastrous for me. I run the risk of blowing someone's head off their shoulders! 😂

And yeah, I'd be too aware of having it on to really let it do its thing. 

4 hours ago, Honeycake said:

Thanks Greenappletart.  I missed your post.  That is a pretty good idea.  I will try that and I can maybe try it in a neighborhood that is not my own. 

Thanks Eggers.  I appreciate the feedback and you sharing your experience.  :)

No problem. 😉

6 hours ago, Eggers said:

I do remember wearing Leather or Dominance to work one night, to "tame" our new female bartender's tendency to try to dominate the people she thought she should be "over". I don't remember what it did to my customers, if anything. But with the bartender it wound up having a dramatic and lasting effect. Rather than trying to assert her own dominance, she very quickly started to confide in me. Personal stuff. And I very quickly realized that she's not a dominant person by nature but by threat. She was feeling threatened, I Dommed or Leathered her, ONCE, and she gave in to my "dominance"? I'm not a person who generally tries to dominate others. I like things to be fair across the board. Once she recognized that she calmed right the eff down. And oddly, she's become one of my closest friends. All that out of one dose - and a really light one at that! 

No problem. 😉

Ohhh my goodness!  That is an awesome story!  Love it!  :)  Hahaha!

4 hours ago, Honeycake said:

Ohhh my goodness!  That is an awesome story!  Love it!  :)  Hahaha!

I'm pretty darned happy it turned out so well! She's pretty awesome and we really "get" each other. It's great having a friend like that. 😊