New Releases for Summer 2019! The French Collection!

Allo! Bonjour! Je m'appelle Marie Reynard and I just arrived from la Ville des Lumières - Paris, France!

Greetings to all the lovely patrons of my dear cousin!  I have come to visit her darling American shoppe and experiment with all her perfumery ingredients, c’est magnifique!  I hope you will enjoy my scented conjurings, performed with parisienne sophistication but also all the love and magic which only the enchantresses of our line can embody...it runs in the family, ma cheres!

AD-1-Force du Poivre.jpg

#1: Force du Poive

AD-2-Chant du Lac.jpg

#2: Chant du Lac

AD-3-Toujours Belle.jpg

#3: Toujours Belle

AD-4-Velour Frais.jpg

#4: Velours Frais

AD-5-Aqua Menthe.jpg

#5: Aqua Menthe w/ Hedione

AD-6-Enivrant.jpg

#6: Enivrant

AD-7-Blossom Almondine.jpg

#7: Blossom Almondine

AD-8-Ete du Fleurs.jpg

#8: L'Ete du Fleurs w/ Popularity Potion

AD-9-Coquin.jpg

#9: Coquin - w/ Copulins & AJA

AD-10-Bonflower.jpg

#10: Bonflower - w/ La Femme Mystere

COLOGNE SPRAY w/ 500 mcg of pheros per bottle

Check out our GORGEOUS Limited Edition Perfumes for Summer 2019 - The French Collection!

These are extremely limited in number and made with extraordinarily rare and expensive ingredients. If you find one you love, grab it quick, they will sell out fast!

Force du Poivre looks interesting to me!

THEY ARE NOW UP AND ORDERABLE!

Here's the link:  https://luvpotionperfume.com/shop/21642631/new-releases

I want to thank my cousin Marie Reynard for flying out from Paris to help us with new releases this month. :wink2: And the AMAZING Luna for the beautiful descriptions and assisting Marie with some perfume titles as well. And also the wonderful Jennifer for her lovely lovely labels, and titles as well.

For those of you with rusty French, lol, here's what we were going for with the titles:

Parfum #1: Force du Poivre

A peppered floral, the name roughly translates to Pepper Power.

Parfum #2: Chant du Lac

An earthy watery melon scent, Jennifer came up with the lovely name of Lake Song.

Parfum #3: Toujours Belle

The scent is a sexy amber fig, the title means Forever Beautiful.

Parfum #4: Velours Frais

A spiced carnation scent, the name means Fresh Velvet, named by Jennifer.

Parfum #5: Aqua Menthe

A rainy minty scent, the title means Water Mint.

Parfum #6: Enivrant

Pineapple teak gorgeousness - the name means Exhilarating, named by Jennifer.

Parfum #7: Blossom Almondine

Sensual Almond and Ylang scent, English title.

Parfum #8: L'Ete du Fleurs

Summer of Flowers is the perfect name for this gorgeous Honeysuckle Coconut scent, named by Luna.

Parfum #9: Coquin

Luna came up with this name, meaning Rascal or Rascally, perfect for this playful fruity green sexy scent.

Parfum #10 Bonflower

We made up this word, from Bonfire and Flower. We played with the idea of calling it Bon Fleur, meaning Good Flower, to get the look of bonfire if not the meaning, but in the end we decided on our invented word.

Hope you have fun with these, dear ones!

Is Force du Poivre the only unisex scent this month?  Asking for a friend.  :Emoticons04283:

Just now, Snoopyace said:

Is Force du Poivre the only unisex scent this month?  Asking for a friend.  :Emoticons04283:

Aqua Menthe is also unisex. To me on the masculine end of unisex, tho it is Jennifer's fave for the month on herself, so go fig! :D

8 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

Aqua Menthe is also unisex. To me on the masculine end of unisex, tho it is Jennifer's fave for the month on herself, so go fig! :D

WHOO!  Thank you!

I also want to mention that I went through the cart inventory and moved 20+ listings to the GGG area...some of which were very surprisingly low, and some we didn't know we had, many down to 1 or 2 bottles or trials only. So please check that section out too so you don't miss a departing favorite!

https://luvpotionperfume.com/shop/16172894/going-going-gone?page=1

Yay!!! And, Oooooooh! *Scrambles to site* 

I ordered my sampler. I want to sniff them all without looking at the notes. 

But,  ironically I do love Ylang. "Almondine" though Ylang features in the description, its not on the ingredients list in the forum and website. Just wondering if this is a typo or am I missing something?

18 hours ago, luna65 said:

The French Collection...get it?  Get it?! :lol:

Everything is currently going over my head.

48 minutes ago, luna65 said:

It's a little play on The French Connection - you might be too young to remember that movie.

Thank you. I've heard the name, but never saw it, but I do like Gene Hackman. Should I watch it? Any excuse to stay on the sofa works for me. The only thing I'm too young for is to stop asking potentially dumb questions! 

I like Gene Hackman too, but never made it through that movie. I'd rather watch him play Lex Luthor, he was so cute and funny.  He was the first star I "met" on my very first day I moved to Hollywood. He stopped to let me cross the street which was a shockingly new thing for me coming from NYC, so he had to encourage me to cross the street and we laughed. The very next day, at the same time at the exact same corner, he stopped for me to cross again. He recognized me from the day before and we laughed again at the coincidence. He must have been filming in the area or something.

@Potion Master that's real sweet. I wonder why the coincidence makers set that up? Maybe seeing you confirmed something for him? I don't think things like that are ever totally random.

A long time ago, two very dear male friends of mine, Tad and Danny, were sitting in the front window of an ice cream place on Haight street and making up stories about the characters walking by. They're both dry witted and not unknown to also do voices. They became aware of a man standing behind them and listening, but they didn't think much of it until the man asked if he could sit with them. It was Robin Williams, they said of course, and spent the next two hours people watching and making jokes. (I know he lived near there at the time because I also ran into him at the sneaker store on that block.) 

A few weeks later, my friend Tad had been working as a house painter, and was listening to his Walkman (yes, that long ago,) and half asleep, with eyes closed, in a bus stop. Someone started tapping his shoulder, he woke up, and they awkwardly said, "Um, Robbin Williams is trying to get your attention." RW had been beeping and waving and wasn't gonna quit, told him to get in car and he'd give him a ride. Tad protested because he was dirty, but RW wasn't having it. 

Sorry to be so :offtopic:

Back on topic, is there a significance in giving them number? LP names & labels are sometimes irreverent, but never meaningless!

Let's all go email John now....

Edited by Eastwood22

The numbers are mostly to help people identify which perfume is which if you can't pronounce the name.

We were also trying to make fun of how corporations name perfumes, which is either usually the name of a tailor or a number or both, or a really basic word. We tried but didn't succeed there. It still sounds like us even when we are playing at being French perfumers. The perfuming approach is indeed different though for most of them, I promise you that. Marie has a different style than I do.

And there is one or two 'jokes' still undiscovered in all this, I know someone will get it soon. ^_^

Awwww. That's a great Robin story. ❤️ I thought you were going to say they heard him doing their shtick on the radio!

1 hour ago, Potion Master said:

And there is one or two 'jokes' still undiscovered in all this, I know someone will get it soon. ^_^

Basier the Frog?

Maybe Luna's alter ego is a Brit. ;)

Edited by StacyK

3 hours ago, luna65 said:

It's a little play on The French Connection - you might be too young to remember that movie.

I got it!  But I'm old. haha  loved that movie.  Just now online though, don't know if I can add much to guessing at the moment, but maybe later tonight.  

@Kayla  I got the Bonflower (sp) in the spray too!  Can't wait .  I think this is something I definitely need in my life :)  

Edited by Eve
typos

Oh, so many of these look good! I am especially excited for Chant du Lac,  L'Ete du Fleurs, and Bonflower. I was only able to type one of those names without copy/pasting, lol. These labels are gorgeous, too.  I keep thinking how fantastic they would look as a set of decorative boxes.

"Marie Reynard " - I see what you did there.

They do sound so lovely! I'm glad they have numbers for my easy reference, although words like Liebchen and Unbeleafable are now so familiar that they come up as autocorrect options. But I'm still saying Lumina Deterra for Lumine d'Terra. 

Speaking of Lumine d'Terra, it's lovely. There's only one left in the GGG. It takes my man a month or two to cycle thru and back to a scent, so he doesn't think he "needs" a backup. If someone was wanting it and didn't get it, this is your last chance! Or if you're buying yourself a bunch of goodies and nothing for your man this month, I recommend it. If it's still there tomorrow when I place my order, it's mine! 

3 hours ago, Eve said:

@Kayla  I got the Bonflower (sp) in the spray too!  Can't wait .  I think this is something I definitely need in my life :)  

Yes, me too! I have absolutely no idea what iris root or amyris smell like, but the rest of the notes I already know that I love. It sounds enchanting!

3 hours ago, greenappletart said:

"Marie Reynard " - I see what you did there.

:lol:

Explain it to everyone and I'll give you a $5 store credit!

There's one more hidden joke in these....anyone? And I just want to say right now, I did not know it had a second meaning in slang until this afternoon. lol.

11 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Yes, me too! I have absolutely no idea what iris root or amyris smell like, but the rest of the notes I already know that I love. It sounds enchanting!

Iris root is like a really deep rich woody violet smell. It takes I think 2 years to produce and cure.

Amyris smells kind of like a decomposing evergreen forest.

Marie picked some interesting left field notes to add and it gives these an unusual and particularly "French" quality. 

19 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

Iris root is like a really deep rich woody violet smell. It takes I think 2 years to produce and cure.

Amyris smells kind of like a decomposing evergreen forest.

Marie picked some interesting left field notes to add and it gives these an unusual and particularly "French" quality. 

Thanks, Mara. :) I can't wait to smell it!

1 hour ago, Potion Master said:

:lol:

Explain it to everyone and I'll give you a $5 store credit!

There's one more hidden joke in these....anyone? And I just want to say right now, I did not know it had a second meaning in slang until this afternoon. lol.

It's your name, but French! (At least, I think that's the joke.) Mara->Marie, Fox->Reynard  

According to wikipedia, the french word for fox, renard, comes from Reynard the Fox, a popular character in medieval fables. 

Basier la Grenouille = kiss the frog 

Cute play on words there :)

Just figured out the other meaning for basier :lol:

Edited by oceanjewel

25 minutes ago, oceanjewel said:

Basier la Grenouille = kiss the frog 

Cute play on words there :)

Ding ding ding! WINNER!!! :DA $5 credit for you too!  :star:

40 minutes ago, greenappletart said:

It's your name, but French! (At least, I think that's the joke.) Mara->Marie, Fox->Reynard 

Such smarty pants we have around here. ❤️