New Releases for Summer 2019! The French Collection!

7 hours ago, greenappletart said:

It's your name, but French! (At least, I think that's the joke.) Mara->Marie, Fox->Reynard  

According to wikipedia, the french word for fox, renard, comes from Reynard the Fox, a popular character in medieval fables. 

I only knew this from watching Bosch a few weeks ago. The bad guy from Season one named himself after Reynard the Fox from old French stories. 

@halo0073 I watch Bosch too, and have most/all of M Connelly’s books in the Bosch series;   I didn’t get a chance to play the French Connection game here until the answers were already out there. 

But, even though I strongly suspected that Marie Reynard was not indeed visiting from Paris, part of me really hoped she was, and she planned to stay and help Mara. 

Edited by Eve

1 hour ago, Eve said:

even though I strongly suspected that Marie Reynard was not indeed visiting from Paris

You're all way smarter than me. 

Woosh!

"What was that?" says me.

Something just flew right over my head, happens all the time.

20 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Ding ding ding! WINNER!!! :DA $5 credit for you too!  :star:

Such smarty pants we have around here. ❤️

20 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Ahahahahahaaaa!  We didn't figure that out until today.

I got the kiss the frog too.

Lol. it's fine I ordered my sampler two days ago. 

13 hours ago, Eve said:

@halo0073 I watch Bosch too, and have most/all of M Connelly’s books in the Bosch series;   I didn’t get a chance to play the French Connection game here until the answers were already out there. 

But, even though I strongly suspected that Marie Reynard was not indeed visiting from Paris, part of me really hoped she was, and she planned to stay and help Mara. 

I have read most of Michael Connelly's books too!  He's so consistently excellent, it's so impressive.  And thanks for that cute stuff at the end there. ❤️

7 hours ago, StacyK said:

I got the kiss the frog too.

Lol. it's fine I ordered my sampler two days ago. 

Stacy! You did not! Go read what you wrote again, and what I replied. You may have thought it, but you didn't post it.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:05 PM, greenappletart said:

"Marie Reynard " - I see what you did there.

Oh!  I thought this was Mara’s French alter ego, then I really started thinking that she did have a French cousin helping out on this release due to time constraints. The first day I was on Google translator trying to figure out the titles, but I never thought to translate the “cousin’s” name. 

On 5/16/2019 at 9:55 PM, Potion Master said:

:star: !!!!!!!! Lol you got it!!!

$5 store credit for you!!! Mention to John next time you order!  Clever girl. 

Hooray!!

On 5/17/2019 at 5:38 AM, halo0073 said:

I only knew this from watching Bosch a few weeks ago. The bad guy from Season one named himself after Reynard the Fox from old French stories. 

You're doing better than me. I only knew from the Wikipedia page. I just happened to have looked at it a month or two ago! I don't even remember how I got there.

4 hours ago, SirenSong said:

Oh!  I thought this was Mara’s French alter ego, then I really started thinking that she did have a French cousin helping out on this release due to time constraints. The first day I was on Google translator trying to figure out the titles, but I never thought to translate the “cousin’s” name. 

I didn't notice until she said there were more jokes. Then I saw the "Marie" and went, "Wait a minute!"

On 5/16/2019 at 11:06 PM, oceanjewel said:

Basier la Grenouille = kiss the frog 

Cute play on words there :)

Just figured out the other meaning for basier :lol:

For anyone else who is wondering, this is buried in the description for Coquin!  I was like "what are we talking about?????" :P  I read, but it doesn't all sink in at once!

On 5/20/2019 at 7:04 PM, greenappletart said:

Hooray!!

You're doing better than me. I only knew from the Wikipedia page. I just happened to have looked at it a month or two ago! I don't even remember how I got there.

I didn't notice until she said there were more jokes. Then I saw the "Marie" and went, "Wait a minute!"

Isn’t that always the way with random Wikipedia visits? LMAO. For me anyway 

• 1 month later...

I have three of the blends of the French Collection and I dare to say Mara outdid herself. The sublimeness of this collection is illustrious (can you actually say a scent is illustrious? A none native talker of Englishe wants to know). Tojours  Belle is the most "collected" amber I have in my collection, fits in both office and at the bar. This scent needs to be a regular!  Coquin is an exciting non sweet banane scent with cops, something I did not think was possible and I believe the entire board know the smoky flowery scent of Bonflower now...

If not, then they need to purchase it while it is there still.

So what do I do?

I pray the Blossom Almondine is available when I get out of my dentists door Wednesday afternoon and might have some money left. 

Congratulations of this distinguished collection, Mara. ❤️ 

Edited by Hildegerd

Of all the ways I have my LP's stored, there's a ramekin I call my "to-do" list, it's meant for trials that I haven't sampled or "classified" yet. When I pull one out and I see the labels from this collection, I NEVER put it back and choose another. The ones that aren't "me" scents are "me for the day!" And instead of the trial moving on to one of the trial boxes, I always put them back into the "to-do list" ramekin.