Force du Poivre

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1926350075_jrym.jpg

Parfum #1: Force du Poivre

An air of mystery, a waft of enthralling glamour ...for when you want to be noticed, but not necessarily known. A deep resinous floral with lasting allure, featuring a sophisticated bouquet of jasmine, violet leaf and neroli EOs plus orris root, mingling with dusky notes of sandalwood attar, tobacco leaf, patchouli, black pepper EO and dry vanilla, then layered with fascinating accents of sage, bergamot, honey and lemon. Even an adventurous l’homme will be tempted to try this one on for size!

I believe in the absolute power of scent, ma cheres, it is for everyone to enjoy. Les madames et messieurs can also enjoy a fragrance together, n’est-ce pas? I have created a scent which my beau Basier la Grenouille does not mind if it rubs off on his clothes after a passionate embrace, it smells magnifique on him! I hope you will discover the same with your love, it is truly an enchanting experience to share a fragrance in such an intimate fashion, especially one so sophistiqué.

Scent: Deep and weighty, resinous heavy floral. Unisex.

Mood: Mysterious

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

JASMINE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
VIOLET LEAF ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck & fortune, lust.
ORRIS ROOT ~ Attracts and helps inspire love. Protection, divination.
NEROLI ~ Sensuality, love, relieves tension & anxiety; quells apprehension, encourages a shy lover, confidence building.
BLACK PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
TOBACCO LEAF ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
BERGAMOT ~ Relaxant, confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches. Mental alertness, energizing.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

As PM said; this is for everyone. We put the unisex scents in the men's section to ease navigation for male forum members, as the exclusively more "feminine" scent reviews are more numerous than the "masculine" scent reviews. 

The neroli, tobacco, & resins are taking this to a more masculine tone on my skin, the kind of masculine scent I prefer with a sweetness to it. Yet, somehow it still has a clean feel to it? I can't stop sniffing my arm, I think I would love to smell this on a man.

This reminds of 11/Eleven - not that they're exactly alike, but that intricately sophisticated kind of vibe.  To me it's more masculine because it has a kind of dark density to it, but at the same time I can see where certain women would be drawn to it, the way all the notes blend together.  But guys, when you want to smell very fancy in a totally masculine kind of way, you need this.  Please trust me on this one.  Big business meetings, black tie occasions, any time you've got to dress to impress and present yourself as the total package to whomever, this is the one.

I know I'm not really doing justice to how complex this scent is, but it's early and I haven't had much coffee.  This is a fragrance where our "guest" was definitely drawing upon the traditions of classic perfumery and it turned out...WOW.

ETA: in the long drydown I do get a hint of sweetness, it makes me think of something like Elixir of Silver, a slight powdery kind of sweetness entwined within the darker resinous notes.

Force du Poivre is playing a wonderfully clean, herbal on me. I don't care for most "green" fragrances and this is nothing like a green scent so, Yay! :D (Don't worry all, it never claimed to be green!) It's supposed to be unisex and I see why. I can see this for business/work, something of a pressed shirt vibe in here on initial application, clean linen...minus the overly clean, soapy aspect that some florals can create. 

I was drawn to the pepper when I purchased because black pepper, while super yummy to me, fades quickly in everything I've tried 😔 but I had to know. While it is an undercurrent on me, the dry down is so nice, I don't mind that it doesn't slap me in the face for the whole ride. This is very well blended and everything so complimentary to one another.

I get that "something barely sweet" in the dry down too, not sugary, just a fluttering hint. 

The dry down is warm and comforting, would definitely encourage snuggling guys, you know, for after business hours ^_~

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I really like this. I didn’t think I did from sniffing in the vial. Definitely unisex with masculine leanings. It’s so complex and well blended. I can’t wait to get this on the boy. I get the orris, black pepper, patch, sandalwood and vanilla as discernible notes but the rest are just so well blended that I can’t identify them individually. Very nice!

YESSIR!!!! Holy shit I was so right that this beauty would smell amazing on my man. It absolutely does. I was actually about to go to bed because he’s been inexplicably cranky the last hour or so, so I was going to just remove myself rather than get upset or let him ruin the good day we have had. Then I remembered I had him put this on awhile ago so I went over and sniffed him. All is forgiven! He’s definitely getting laid tonight even though I feel pretty shitty physically. This may be my all time favorite LP on him and I am fond of quite a few. Part of it is that it’s a complex, gorgeously constructed work of art. But as I suspected, it’s extremely complimentary to his specific natural smell. Which is probably responsible for getting us through a few bad years, years ago. Lol. But back on topic this is SEXY AS FUCK! Instant classic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mmm.. this is a gorgeous clean, herbal type of scent. A titch masculine, but not so much I would hesitate to wear it. I'll let Mr Perfect try it this week, if he likes it, we can get a bottle to share 😉

3 hours ago, Bella15 said:

Mmm.. this is a gorgeous clean, herbal type of scent. A titch masculine, but not so much I would hesitate to wear it. I'll let Mr Perfect try it this week, if he likes it, we can get a bottle to share 😉

Thanks for the awesome review!  I have a bottle of this Coming soon.  Can’t wait to try it!

• 2 weeks later...

This is really nice.  It's a clean scent that on me leans masculine and at first I get that strong blast of black pepper (which I love) but then some of the other notes take over and it is a very complex, clean (but not soapy scent) that is just really, really nice!

• 1 year later...

Force du Poivre is the perfect example of why I keep buying my man LP’s. It’s so FN sexy. Was it always this good or has it aged into something even more special? I haven’t reviewed it before, but I did buy it, so clearly I must’ve loved the trial. But WTF? I feel like I may never smell the equivalent of this good and sexy. I feel like that about quite a few of the mens scents. I give up.