Love Potion: Black

Teggy

A few months ago I'd gotten my bride a sample of this. She finally got around to trying it and really likes it. Years ago, I actually wore this for a short time before it got confiscated by a friend. She wanted it for herself. I love the brown sugar in this. My beautiful bride is funny, I'm starting to get her into the scents and she described LP: Black as a cross between LP: Red and Wicked. Interesting comparison but I'm just happy she is starting to understand my love of the stinky stuff from here.

On my bride this is ALL brown sugar at first but then after the drydown it is sweet and dark and resinous and more of a mysterious sexy vibe than LP Red which just smells straight up sexy on her. She's starting to want to go out more after years of being in a cocoon and I think the LP's are helping her confidence. She is so much more beautiful than she gives herself credit for and when she wears her LP's not only do I compliment her but even random strangers do and I think it is helping her feel better about herself.

I can see that comparison. Of course skin chemistry plays a roll. If she gets the brown sugar and all the patch that's in Black yea, I might not have thought that right off but hearing yes I get it.

Well if she likes Black, she's in as far as Artisan smellies go. IMO. It don't get less comerical than Black. Unless you go full SLF!! Get her "Horny"!

Edited by StacyK

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few months ago I'd gotten my bride a sample of this. She finally got around to trying it and really likes it. Years ago, I actually wore this for a short time before it got confiscated by a friend. She wanted it for herself. I love the brown sugar in this. My beautiful bride is funny, I'm starting to get her into the scents and she described LP: Black as a cross between LP: Red and Wicked. Interesting comparison but I'm just happy she is starting to understand my love of the stinky stuff from here.

On my bride this is ALL brown sugar at first but then after the drydown it is sweet and dark and resinous and more of a mysterious sexy vibe than LP Red which just smells straight up sexy on her. She's starting to want to go out more after years of being in a cocoon and I think the LP's are helping her confidence. She is so much more beautiful than she gives herself credit for and when she wears her LP's not only do I compliment her but even random strangers do and I think it is helping her feel better about herself.

Tell her to try the LP Black and LP Red together.....great combo....thus why Mara made Passion and Desire for awhile.

Also, get her some scented Cougar potion....great sparkly vibe....will have her feeling good!

Edited by Dolly

Tell her to try the LP Black and LP Red together.....great combo....thus why Mara made Passion and Desire for awhile.

Also, get her some scented Cougar potion....great sparkly vibe....will have her feeling good!

Oh God, that's a great combo. :)

• 2 months later...

Initially, I thought this was too dark when I first received my ladies sampler compared to the other LPs, but then I was new to LPMP in general. However, almost a year later, I finally took it for a day-long test drive, and really liked it. I smelled yummy all day long. It is long lasting. It is another yummy LP all vanilla and dark sugar. I got no spiciness or incense quality from this one at all. No frosting, no cake, and certainly no pink sugar (that's LP Pink's description on me). It smells very LP Original from the vial, but dries down to just a dark, lingering vanilla yumminess without the incense on me. I was actually surprised at the lack of incense and the how much I liked the fragrance in general. Some dark, deep, rich fragrances are "stinky" in a good way

( :say66:) , but I was pleasantly surprised at how normal and wearable this was for me. I mean, wrong or right, I wore it to the office! If I saved all my sexy scents for other opportunities, I would never be able to wear them all!! :lol:

I wonder if my chemistry has changed or my body is just "metabolizing" scents b/c it's used to them. I love LP Black now on its own. I used to have to mix it w/ Red or NOCO to keep it sort of sweeter on me. Now the sweet notes are not as sugary and the sexier notes like the resinous scents amp more. It's always been a staple in my LP box.

• 2 months later...

Now that I have worn LP Black a couple of times, I thought I could review it. To me this fragrance is sexual confidence in a bottle. She knows what she wants and aims to get it. Sweet, resinous and so deliciously chewy it gets stuck in my teeth and I love that!

Speaking as a guy, I LOVE this scent on my beautiful bride.

I thought LP Red or LP Original were going to be my favorites, but LP Black surprised me! While I thought I would like it, I would have never guessed it would be front and center of the LP line up. 1 - because I don't often wear reson-y scents and, 2 - because of the notes I arbitrarily assumed I would prefer the other two. Gosh, sometimes, it's GOOD to be wrong ^_^

It wears slightly sweet to me and I still get the "candle/incense" comment from uneducated noses...but it's never in a complaining way - more like a fan of those things searching out the treasureful aroma so they can snatch it up and take it home :lol:

I have a new fella to try out all my goodies on and this guy is particularly sensual...needless to say, he has been very receptive to LP in general, and LP Black has never escaped his notice so far when I've worn it around him...

OHMYGOODNESSROSE!YES! LP Black and OCCO Black are "OMG!" together. OCCO Black is so deliciously chewy and decadent and they complement each other OH so amazingly! But I haven't worn that combo on the new fella. With LFM/N? Hmm. I don't know why, but I hadn't thought of those to pair. I'll have to give that a go, the mysterious sensuality of the fragrance combo would compliment the LFM vibe for sure...Thanks for the tip! :heart:

• 2 weeks later...

I've received a sample of LP Black when I bought my first sampler early this year. At first I felt that this scent was too dark for me. I didn't like the way the patch and brown sugar played and it felt so very heavy. I remember trying it a couple of times over the summer and maybe it was due to the tropical summers here and my inexperience with honey, but it felt too strong and sticky. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I decided to pull this out and give it some love and BAM! It hit me and BOOM, I wanted more more more. It melded with my skin and instead of feeling sticky it felt witchy and sexyyy as hell. It might have been that I was too new to honey in the beginning to handle all this rich, thick honey along with the resins but now I can't get enough of it. I love how witchy and smoldering I feel when I'm wearing this!

Rain_dancer - it took me a little while to warm up to LPB too, but now it's a favorite and a staple. I practically slather this lovely fragrance like a lotion! :lol:

Speaking as a guy, this is one of my top three favorites. Thankfully my beautiful bride also liked this one right away.

Nutrix, for me, the brown sugar and DARK vanilla are a very delicate thing. I'm not a huge fan of the brown sugar note truthfully. My skin amps it like CRAZY! This is why I rely on OCCO Black to make LP Black work for me. The incensey notes to the OCCO Black, help balance the brown sugar and dark vanilla on my skin. Works like magick!

OHMYGOODNESSROSE!YES! LP Black and OCCO Black are "OMG!" together. OCCO Black is so deliciously chewy and decadent and they complement each other OH so amazingly!

Yeah Dolly has long been a proponent of that particular combo as well - it's what inspired Dom Noire.

Nutrix, for me, the brown sugar and DARK vanilla are a very delicate thing. I'm not a huge fan of the brown sugar note truthfully. My skin amps it like CRAZY! This is why I rely on OCCO Black to make LP Black work for me. The incensey notes to the OCCO Black, help balance the brown sugar and dark vanilla on my skin. Works like magick!

I had to try the OCCOs with their respective LPs :lol: LP Pink/OCCO Pink, LP Red/OCCO Red & then the LP Black/OCCO Black when I finally took the plunge for the OCCO Black. I had gone back to LP Black after initially not finding it a favorite - and then when I rediscovered it and it's amazingness, I reinvestigated OCCO Black as a possibly. I ordered a sample of the OCCO and the rest is history ^_^ And, yes, I too use it to add that delicious resin, chewy depth. I think it has something to do with me coming around to wanting more resin scents in my collection. It took me a year or so to come around to the resin side of things - but now? There's no turning back! :D

Yeah Dolly has long been a proponent of that particular combo as well - it's what inspired Dom Noire.

I remember reading that somewhere in the history of Dom Noire. DM is sweeter and more honey on me than the LP Black has been, but the resin goodness - YUM!

• 1 month later...

I have reviewed this already, so I am just sharing. I wear this in a corporate office environment, I don't care . My badge lanyard smells like it. My entire purse smells like this inside because my FB was leaky when it came and permeated the entire paper label and the bottle leaves the scent of LP Black everywhere it goes even in my bedroom while it's sitting in my LP rack. :Emoticons04263: I am waiting outside a conference room to go into a meeting and a co-worker says "What smells like dessert?" Another co-worker points to me and says that it's me. I reply that I had just been eating some marshmallows. I usually never admit it's me and act like it must be someone's coffee they smell or act like they're nuts. :Emoticons04277: Later that day in another meeting, the same co-worker waves her hand across the table trying to waft my fragrance over to her and states that it smells like cinnamon pound cake and asks me what's in it. Since I wear so many and have to use the website as my reference now, I respond, honey, sugar, oh, and vanilla? I am not yet willing to admit I wear "love potions" to a bunch of boring computer software developers for my own amusement/enjoyment! :Emoticons0424:

• 1 month later...

The notes in this to be honest had me expecting something quite different but I love this more than I could ave imagined. It's one of my favourites from LPMP. Even though tobacco isn't listed as a note, this does have a certain pipe tobacco scent about it. It's deep, dark and the vanilla is creamy. It's slightly vintage feeling and a lovely change from the sweet, sugary scents.

• 9 months later...

LP Black is growing on me :heart708: I started the sniffie out on a first trial thinking, "This is too serious for me," and tonight being the fourth/fifth time I've worn it, I'm convinced that I should full bottle this one. I actually don't want to run out!

It might be because it's wintertime and I'm indeed looking for that cozy, down to earth feel, or perhaps this scent has got me going goth. I'd say it's suiting some of the events happening in my life, so that's probably what's got me feeling like the Addams Family (I've been feeling like Wednesday recently) :frankenstein-s-brids:

LP Black is growing on me :heart708: I started the sniffie out on a first trial thinking, "This is too serious for me," and tonight being the fourth/fifth time I've worn it, I'm convinced that I should full bottle this one. I actually don't want to run out!

It might be because it's wintertime and I'm indeed looking for that cozy, down to earth feel, or perhaps this scent has got me going goth. I'd say it's suiting some of the events happening in my life, so that's probably what's got me feeling like the Addams Family (I've been feeling like Wednesday recently) :frankenstein-s-brids:

LP Black is one that I am never without. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

LP Black to date is the fragrance I get the most compliments on. From airline attendants who can't stop talking about whoever smells like food, or tea, and that it's making them hungry to random strangers making comments I can simply hear. It always seems to make an impression. I do get the " is someone burning incense?" comment as well. But the reactions have never seemed to be negative. If I had to choose one LP I'm not sure if it would be black or black cat mojo, perhaps black, my rebrew of BCM is just a tad too sweet to win.

I love that black is very grown up yet mysterious, and not too grown up, a woman in her prime who knows what she wants.

• 1 month later...

When I first tried this I did not like it at all. Now that it's been a few years I tried it again and I like it now. Before I thought it smelled too dark and dirty, now I think it is more like a yummy bakery scent with honeycomb and caramelized vanilla. From reading the reviews, I guess a lot of people have had the same experience with this one!

• 7 months later...

Giving my LP Black sample another try today. After a few years of aging, it has mellowed & that celery note has dissipated, but I still don't think this is a Beccah scent.

• 1 month later...

This sounds yummy. Would you say that it is similar to Dior's Addict? I was a huge fan of this fragrance before it became discontinued. The notes that stayed with me were the bourbon vanilla, tonka bean, and sandalwood; it was delicious! I have been searching for a replacement for this ever since women's fragrances veered away from gourmand a few years ago, which brought me to Mara Fox :) Thank goodness for her and her crew!

Description of Addict from Fragrance.com:

Dior Addict Perfume by Christian Dior, Dior addict indulges the senses with sumptuous silk tree flower, voluptuous night queen flower, and luscious bourbon vanilla combined with sandalwood and tonka bean to evoke a feeling of passion in the woman who wears it. Sensual. Soft. Feminine.

Dior Addict was the last commercial scent I've purchased, but it's now been like 11 years!

I can't remember it terribly well, other than that I really enjoyed it. I believe that LP Black is much smoother and creamier on top. It has an earthy undertone, almost like a secret, but not the heavy dark incense feel that some people noted. It's very approachable.

I believe that LP Black is much smoother and creamier on top. It has an earthy undertone, almost like a secret, but not the heavy dark incense feel that some people noted. It's very approachable.

That is one of the wonderful things about Mara's scents......they smell different on each individual person.

LP Black is one that I am never without. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

I think perhaps I also never want to be without it, as I have 3 trial vials of LP Black instead of a full bottle, so I have no excuse not to carry one. I guess OCCO Black needs to make my want list too.

I think perhaps I also never want to be without it, as I have 3 trial vials of LP Black instead of a full bottle, so I have no excuse not to carry one. I guess OCCO Black needs to make my want list too.

OCCO Black is great! LP Black and OCCO Black layer beautifully together too!

• 6 months later...

This. Is. Awesome. I'll have to come back and do a proper review later on, but I just put this on along with OCCO Black for the evening and have enveloped myself in a cloud of divine lusciousness and HAD TO TELL SOMEONE!! I'm in love with myself. Seriously LPMP should be a required resource for any self-love program. I want to seduce myself.

Now THAT’S a review.  ?

I have a ceramic bowl filled with some of my favorites in trial vial size and so I riffled through it for a trial vial I have of LP Black from 2007 (I think, either 2007 or 2008) and it has aged like a dream!  So lusciously sexy.

• 3 months later...
On 8/9/2007 at 10:55 AM, luna65 said:

I agree that it has that quality, it's very thick and it sort of grabs onto you, if that makes any sense. I think when I initially reviewed it at bpal.org I called it "sexed-up buttercreme." :o

Sorry to quote something from so long ago, but that describes it perfectly to me. 

• 1 month later...

I just got a sample of this in my order. I’m used to light, maybe slight vanilla fragrances, so this was a nose shocker. Not bad but definitely rich. I’ll give it a spin to see how I like this darker kind of scent. 

25 minutes ago, soeverly said:

I just got a sample of this in my order. I’m used to light, maybe slight vanilla fragrances, so this was a nose shocker. Not bad but definitely rich. I’ll give it a spin to see how I like this darker kind of scent. 

- I thought the same thing - I had never been around this scent - But it is great for adding mystery  - it really is black - very impressed by how much I have grown to enjoy LP-Black.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What happens when you layer UN Audacious,  LP Black, then Time Turner? 

After dry down- Wonderful💫🖤💫 things.

makes me want to paint my nails red~ I don’t own any polish (except Glow in the Dark :) ) 

On 5/6/2018 at 8:49 PM, anchoredinopulence said:

This. Is. Awesome. I'll have to come back and do a proper review later on, but I just put this on along with OCCO Black for the evening and have enveloped myself in a cloud of divine lusciousness and HAD TO TELL SOMEONE!! I'm in love with myself. Seriously LPMP should be a required resource for any self-love program. I want to seduce myself.

Indeed! 

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2016 at 10:28 AM, Cycle Kitten said:

I love that black is very grown up yet mysterious, and not too grown up, a woman in her prime who knows what she wants.

I was rummaging through my bag of Phero Trial Vials I had bought when I first found out about LP and went on a Phero Buying Binge  🤣 . At first (It could have been the travel shock) I didn't like the smell... But now that it's been almost a year I decided to go back and sniff through my scents & I'm kind of digging Black now... And Just because you said this I think I know what my first date scent will be. ❤️ Until I purchase LP Red that's next on my permanent LP fragrance list. 

• 8 months later...

This is definitely one of my go-to scents. So wonderful!  Dark, but not so dark that it scares people....LOL